Author Topic: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.  (Read 39762 times)

Offline Carana

Re: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
Interesting that there seems to be a misunderstanding about Madeleine's status after being missing for seven years ... she has not been declared dead.

I noticed that as well. The anchor stated it as a fact and Amaral didn't correct the anchor.

Offline Carana

« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral: Well, I heard an earlier version where they were digging but still maintained the hope that she is alive, so they are looking for a hole where the child is living, so there is some confusion here, also from the British police.

It doesn't seem as if he's very familiar with the concept of eliminating potential leads...

ferryman

« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
Interesting that there seems to be a misunderstanding about Madeleine's status after being missing for seven years ... she has not been declared dead.

I would be amazed if Ben Needham, who has been missing much longer than Madeleine, has been declared dead by Kerry ...

Offline Carana

« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral: There are other expressions. Mr Gerald McCann said, a few years ago, two or three years ago, I can’t remember, “if she is dead then show us the body”. He will know why he says “show us the body”.

Where and when did Gerry allegedly say this?

Offline Carana

« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:29 PM »
... They have e-fits of the person that took the child that night, at 10 p.m. and walked toward this area where these searches are taking place, that happens to be recognised by the Smith family, witnesses, as being the child’s father, Gerald McCann, so this is an attempt to question the conclusions of that report that is in the case files...

He apparently still hasn't found time to read the PJ files...

Offline Anna

« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral: There are other expressions. Mr Gerald McCann said, a few years ago, two or three years ago, I can’t remember, “if she is dead then show us the body”. He will know why he says “show us the body”.

Where and when did Gerry allegedly say this?

I assume he this is in reference to the comment

FIND THE BODY AND PROVE WE KILLED HER

MISSING: Madeleine McCann

Thursday September 13,2007
By Padraic Flanagan in Praia da Luz Have your say(24)
THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann yesterday challenged the police: “Find the body and prove we killed her.”

The couple, who are suspected over the child’s death and the disposal of her body, issued the startling ultimatum as the public prosecutor in Portugal sent the police case against them to a judge.

It is thought that the McCanns’ high-powered lawyers have told them that without a body it will be extremely difficult for the authorities to press charges.

Where is the evidence that Madeleine is dead

http://themaddiecasefiles.com//post3236.html#p3236

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Truth

« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2014, 11:39:32 PM »
Evidence she is dead = Eddie

Evidence she is dead = DNA in alert sites

Evidence she is dead = SY digging in PDL for her little body

Don't confuse evidence with proof.....!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »
Evidence she is dead = Eddie

Evidence she is dead = DNA in alert sites

Evidence she is dead = SY digging in PDL for her little body

Don't confuse evidence with proof.....!

None of this is true.
Eddie provided no evidence she is dead.
There were no DNA proofs Madeleine died.

Offline Truth

« Reply #263 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:45 AM »
None of this is true.
Eddie provided no evidence she is dead.
There were no DNA proofs Madeleine died.

are you saying SY are digging in Pdl because they believe she is alive? 

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #264 on: June 10, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
are you saying SY are digging in Pdl because they believe she is alive?

In modern policing there is no what 'they believe'.. they have to follow procedures and check up everything on their list.

IMO they work using the methods of elimination.

Offline jassi

« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:05 PM »
In modern policing there is no what 'they believe'.. they have to follow procedures and check up everything on their list.

IMO they work using the methods of elimination.

Except that finding nothing will eliminate nothing
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #266 on: June 10, 2014, 01:25:47 PM »
Except that finding nothing will eliminate nothing

Why not? Eliminating reasons to believe that something of interest could have been found there is eliminating something, isn't it?

Offline jassi

« Reply #267 on: June 10, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »
Why not? Eliminating reasons to believe that something of interest could have been found there is eliminating something, isn't it?

Not really, as what they are looking for might be just over there - 50 yards beyond where they have searched.

It's rather like that boy on the Yorkshire Moors.  Police believe he's out there, but every attempt to find him has failed, but that doesn't mean he's alive and well.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #268 on: June 10, 2014, 01:41:57 PM »
That reminds me of an expression from one of the Clouseau films..............

'I believe everything and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone and I suspect no-one.'

....and for irony it came from,  'A Shot in the Dark'.

Offline Carana

« Reply #269 on: June 10, 2014, 02:46:59 PM »

I assume he this is in reference to the comment

FIND THE BODY AND PROVE WE KILLED HER

MISSING: Madeleine McCann

Thursday September 13,2007
By Padraic Flanagan in Praia da Luz Have your say(24)
THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann yesterday challenged the police: “Find the body and prove we killed her.”

The couple, who are suspected over the child’s death and the disposal of her body, issued the startling ultimatum as the public prosecutor in Portugal sent the police case against them to a judge.

It is thought that the McCanns’ high-powered lawyers have told them that without a body it will be extremely difficult for the authorities to press charges.

Where is the evidence that Madeleine is dead

http://themaddiecasefiles.com//post3236.html#p3236

So Amaral is quoting a tabloid as a reliable source concerning what Gerry was alleged to have said during Amaral's own time on the investigation, presumably including the arguido interview?

LOL