Author Topic: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.  (Read 39758 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
They might have done, but it doesn't mean they were correct in their assumptions.

Not many people were in the area of 5A that night. The phone searches showed them who was.

If big percentage of people who were there had a criminal record that mathematically means that a big percentage of phone users in vicinity of 5A that night had criminal record. IMO it would be a very slim chance statistically speaking that if there were people with a criminal record near the crime scene and they were not the people who were involved in this crime.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »
Not finding something does not eliminate the possibility of it existing - in a place that hasn't been searched.

With reference to VIXTE's excellent post which is spot on but which you evidence such denial about
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4364.msg160989#msg160989

I do not think the Met and the PJ have stuck pins in a map of the Algarve to decide where to sink a hole. 

The main hypothesis in some quarters has been that Madeleine died in apartment 5a – her parents covered up her death – her parents hid her body. 

I am sure the Met and the PJ have looked at that and have returned to the original premise that Madeleine was abducted and are systematically eliminating sites indicated by using the available phone data.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
They haven't excavated the landfill, so she is still there waiting to be exhumed, until proven otherwise IMO.

Agree totally WS.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »
Not many people were in the area of 5A that night. The phone searches showed them who was.

If big percentage of people who were there had a criminal record that mathematically means that a big percentage of phone users in vicinity of 5A that night had criminal record. IMO it would be a very slim chance statistically speaking that if there were people with a criminal record near the crime scene and they were not the people who were involved in this crime.

And statistically speaking a child is far more likely to be harmed by their parents than a stranger and the McCanns were in the vicinity of 5a that night and using their phones.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline jassi

« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »

Or at least those who were carrying a mobile phone with them.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
And statistically speaking a child is far more likely to be harmed by their parents than a stranger and the McCanns were in the vicinity of 5a that night and using their phones.

The people closest are the first to be investigated and either eliminated from the enquiry or charged with an offence. 

The Drs McCann were certainly investigated exhaustively over a period of months. 

There neither was nor is evidence to enable charges to be laid. 

Why after seven years are you incapable of accepting that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #291 on: June 12, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
With reference to VIXTE's excellent post which is spot on but which you evidence such denial about
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4364.msg160989#msg160989

I do not think the Met and the PJ have stuck pins in a map of the Algarve to decide where to sink a hole. 

The main hypothesis in some quarters has been that Madeleine died in apartment 5a – her parents covered up her death – her parents hid her body. 

I am sure the Met and the PJ have looked at that and have returned to the original premise that Madeleine was abducted and are systematically eliminating sites indicated by using the available phone data.

I'm quite sure that SY were working on information received and by not apparently finding anything, have eliminated that information.
It does not mean, however, that Madeleine is alive and well somewhere - her status remains uncertain - as it was before all the digging.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »

If in her proximity there was a group of people with criminal records acting suspiciously and her parents who had been checked out and also had alibi then who the police is going to look at ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
If in her proximity there was a group of people with criminal records acting suspiciously and her parents who had been checked out and also had alibi then who the police is going to look at ?

What exactly does that mean?

Or maybe not -

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »
The people closest are the first to be investigated and either eliminated from the enquiry or charged with an offence. 

The Drs McCann were certainly investigated exhaustively over a period of months. 

There neither was nor is evidence to enable charges to be laid. 

Why after seven years are you incapable of accepting that?

But if the PJ did as shoddy a job as we are lead to believe perhaps they missed a vital piece of evidence against the McCanns that SY have only just unearthed ( pardon the pun ! ). You have to admit it is a possibility ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »
I'm quite sure that SY were working on information received and by not apparently finding anything, have eliminated that information.
It does not mean, however, that Madeleine is alive and well somewhere - her status remains uncertain - as it was before all the digging.

The best that can be done is eliminate the possibility that she was killed and buried by the people who were in the vicinity at the time and who have been tracked to certain locations. 

I am interested that as soon as these people are picked up the PJ have said they will become arguidos.   
Which means there is evidence against them. 

If Madeleine’s body is found, they will have to explain that. 

If Madeleine’s body is not found they will have to explain what they did with her.

Whatever her current status is ... it is imperative it is disclosed and the sooner the better.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »
But if the PJ did as shoddy a job as we are lead to believe perhaps they missed a vital piece of evidence against the McCanns that SY have only just unearthed ( pardon the pun ! ). You have to admit it is a possibility ?

No, I do not.

If the Met had evidence against them they would be facing due process.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

It was a possibility.
2 years ago.  8(0(*

Offline a.baker

« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2014, 02:21:54 PM »
I agree the digs were possibly due to phone data and the Smith sighting,and possible burglars in the area that night. However,SY have clearly stated that the burglary gone wrong scenario is but only ONE of the possible lines of enquiry that they are following. When they get to finally interview these burglars and conclude there is no evidence against them,what will be the next line of enquiry that SY will follow? Bearing in mind that there was no forced entry to apartment 5a,no stranger DNA,fingerprints etc.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:48:50 AM by John »