Author Topic: Wandering off topic.  (Read 18506 times)

Online Eleanor

Wandering off topic.
« on: May 12, 2020, 07:56:05 AM »
I go around other people's houses straightening their pictures, lining up their ornaments and tidying their knife and fork drawers.  Mine don't need it, obviously.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:00:47 AM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Wandering off topic.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
I go around other people's houses straightening their pictures, lining up their ornaments and tidying their knife and fork drawers.  Mine don't need it, obviously.
I hope they pay you.  My cleaner re-positions all my framed photos on top of my bureau every week so that they are all at a 45 degree angle to the wall and every week I put them back as they were.  You’d think she’d have got the message after 2 years of it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:06:58 AM »
I hope they pay you.  My cleaner re-positions all my framed photos on top of my bureau every week so that they are all at a 45 degree angle to the wall and every week I put them back as they were.  You’d think she’d have got the message after 2 years of it.

The urge is irresistible.  You are probably making her very happy.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 09:10:17 AM »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »

My mother once came to stay at my house. I did a load of washing and pegged it out but when I looked again she was out there changing it all around. She had fixed ideas about which way up washing should be pegged. She was very particular about her ornaments too, I stopped doing her dusting because she always repositoned the ornaments afterwards.  I wonder if she had OCD?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 10:01:56 AM »
My mother once came to stay at my house. I did a load of washing and pegged it out but when I looked again she was out there changing it all around. She had fixed ideas about which way up washing should be pegged. She was very particular about her ornaments too, I stopped doing her dusting because she always repositoned the ornaments afterwards.  I wonder if she had OCD?

I can get a bit shirty about hanging out washing.  Nappies had to be hung the same way up.  My Mother in Law nearly drove me mad hanging them higgldy piggldy.
However, there is sense to this.  If you hang things longways then you can get more on the washing line.  A lot of my OCD takes this sort of thing into consideration.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 10:20:51 AM »
I can get a bit shirty about hanging out washing.  Nappies had to be hung the same way up.  My Mother in Law nearly drove me mad hanging them higgldy piggldy.
However, there is sense to this.  If you hang things longways then you can get more on the washing line.  A lot of my OCD takes this sort of thing into consideration.

I'm the LEAST domesticated person ever, but one of my foibles is colour-coding, not just the washing as I hang it on the line, but the pegs, too. Having said that, where I see symmetry, I have to create Asymmetry!!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 10:26:43 AM »

The difference seems to be that those with OCD get agitated if someone doesn't do things their way. Those without it are just happy it's getting done.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »

I'm the LEAST domesticated person ever, but one of my foibles is colour-coding, not just the washing as I hang it on the line, but the pegs, too. Having said that, where I see symmetry, I have to create Asymmetry!!!

Buy wooden pegs, all the same colour.  However, I do like Angles.

PS.  It sounds to me as though everybody on here has Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome.  All raving nuts in other words.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 10:43:47 AM »
The difference seems to be that those with OCD get agitated if someone doesn't do things their way. Those without it are just happy it's getting done.

My son and I nearly fell out last week when I told him he was hanging Jeans up the wrong way by the legs.  But they all came off the line with Peg Marks on the bottom and the Waist Bands took ages longer to dry.  And the T Shirts were all stretched out of shape because he hung them up by the bottom hems.

I suppose I should have been grateful that he did it at all.  But I would so much rather do it myself.  There is logic to practically everything I do, which saves me effort in the long run.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 10:46:14 AM »
Buy wooden pegs, all the same colour.  However, I do like Angles.

PS.  It sounds to me as though everybody on here has Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome.  All raving nuts in other words.

I think there's a little bit, in each of us, of every disorder known to man. Probably registering a 1-3 on a 1-10 spectrum.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »

I confine it to my own home but I like everything ordered and systemised!  Eg all food in cupboards, fridge, freezer etc arranged in a certain way.  Everything has a place!  Towels and bedding have to be folded a certain way.  Once a 1/4 I have super cleans where I clean nooks and crannies with cotton buds.  I have an outside vacuum for my car which I spend the best part of a day cleaning.  That's normal isn't it?!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
I confine it to my own home but I like everything ordered and systemised!  Eg all food in cupboards, fridge, freezer etc arranged in a certain way.  Everything has a place!  Towels and bedding have to be folded a certain way.  Once a 1/4 I have super cleans where I clean nooks and crannies with cotton buds.  I have an outside vacuum for my car which I spend the best part of a day cleaning.  That's normal isn't it?!
            I use cotton buds for cleaning too.  Doesn't everyone?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 11:05:46 AM »

I think it's entirely your business how you organise your life, just as it's entirely my business how I organise mine. Problems arise when any of us get upset by/try to impose our views on/interfere in other's preferences.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »

I think there's a little bit, in each of us, of every disorder known to man. Probably registering a 1-3 on a 1-10 spectrum.

I was including myself in that statement, by the way.  So you can put me on about 7, but only on a good day.