Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172222 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #1305 on: July 05, 2020, 02:52:09 PM »
Yes of course I know that. I was responding to your question which was:

"And why didn’t the dogs pick up cadaver scent OUTSIDE? Why did they pick up Maddie’s scent all the way to the supermarket"?

My answer was that Eddie, the cadaver dog, did alert outside... and that the dogs tracking Maddie's scent (earlier in May 2007) were NOT cadaver dogs. Your use of the word "they" in the sentence after "the dogs" implied that the tracker dogs were cadaver dogs.

One cadaver dog was used he alerted inside apartment 5a and just outside it.

The alert outside is a red flag  to seriously question the credibility of the alerts imo. I don't see any way remnant scent...without physical remains...could last 3 months outside...open to the elements

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1306 on: July 05, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
Why not? It may just fill the dearth of information in the files. My thinking.

There's a lot of information about the tracker dogs in the files and none of it mentions the Batista Supermarket or that inaccurate description of the route of those dogs.

During the early hours of 4th May two patrol dogs from Portimao were given a pink blanket to sniff;
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CARLOS-LACAO.htm

When the tracker dogs arrived they were given a bath towel to sniff at 11pm on 4th;
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANTONIO_SILVA.htm

They all followed the route I have provided, and the tracker dogs repeated it on 8th May.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1307 on: July 05, 2020, 03:47:05 PM »
The alert outside is a red flag  to seriously question the credibility of the alerts imo. I don't see any way remnant scent...without physical remains...could last 3 months outside...open to the elements

So what do you put it down to? Martin Grime encouraging Eddie to false alert? I think it’s blatantly obvious that if the dogs lack credibility and give false alerts all over the place the pattern of the alerts would be random - but they specifically only involve one family.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1308 on: July 05, 2020, 03:53:45 PM »
So what do you put it down to? Martin Grime encouraging Eddie to false alert? I think it’s blatantly obvious that if the dogs lack credibility and give false alerts all over the place the pattern of the alerts would be random - but they specifically only involve one family.
And I've explained why they only alerted to things McCann. From a scientific point of view I don't see how remnant remnant scent ...without remains...could last 3 months outside with wind and rain..

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1309 on: July 05, 2020, 03:59:52 PM »
And I've explained why they only alerted to things McCann. From a scientific point of view I don't see how remnant remnant scent ...without remains...could last 3 months outside with wind and rain..

Did you ever come across the story that explained the alerts by claiming KM had attended several PMs before the holiday?

The only explanation I recall you discussing was Grime encouraging false alerts (maybe even subconsciously). This makes no sense to me. Why would Grime undermine the dog’s credibility?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1310 on: July 05, 2020, 04:10:41 PM »
Who says? Why do you prefer that report to the one in the official files?

I remember some years ago it was pointed out to the forum that the official photograph in the files marking out casa Liliana doesn't.  It mistakenly denotes a neighbour's villa as the Murat residence.

04-Processos Vol IV Pages 957 - 958
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

Just because it's in the files doesn't necessarily make it so.

Also there is a rather good dog thread on the forum too which shows the actual route the dogs took based on the information given by their handlers (also in the files) and the pictorial record differs from the statements given.

So that pictorial information may well be inaccurate also.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1311 on: July 05, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »
I remember some years ago it was pointed out to the forum that the official photograph in the files marking out casa Liliana doesn't.  It mistakenly denotes a neighbour's villa as the Murat residence.

04-Processos Vol IV Pages 957 - 958
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

Just because it's in the files doesn't necessarily make it so.

Also there is a rather good dog thread on the forum too which shows the actual route the dogs took based on the information given by their handlers (also in the files) and the pictorial record differs from the statements given.

So that pictorial information may well be inaccurate also.

No, the words of the handlers match the picture I posted. The dogs went to the car park opposite the Tapas entrance, not to the supermarket car park.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1312 on: July 05, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »

5. RETAINED MATERIALS, material from items (list), Hairs recovered from the fragments of bushes

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm

Hairs recovered from bushes is evidence. You were saying what is impossible?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1313 on: July 05, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »
5. RETAINED MATERIALS, material from items (list), Hairs recovered from the fragments of bushes

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm

Hairs recovered from bushes is evidence. You were saying what is impossible?

Where do I find where it says hairs recovered from bushes,  I can't see it in that link.  Thank you

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1314 on: July 05, 2020, 05:36:00 PM »
I provided the link. search for bushes. here it is

Date: 06-09-07

For court use only:

Rv
Exhibit number
Signed date

Justice of the peace/clerk to Court

Page 1 of 1

Processos Vol X
Page 2660

The Forensic Science Service

Expert's Index of Unused Material

FSS References : 300 655 190/400 932 184

CJS URN

Index compiled by John Robert Lowe BSc Cbiol MIBiol RFP

The following is a list of unused material in the possession of the Forensic Science Services and being managed in this case by the above named expert (note, the material should be considered to be NON - SENSITIVE, unless a specific flag exists to suggest it might be SENSITIVE). The list is provided in accordance with the guidance given in ?Disclosure: Expert?s evidence and unused material ? Guidance Booklet for Experts?.

EXPERT'S USE

Number Description of material

1. CASE NOTES made at the time of the examination of the items: provide details of dates of examinations; details of packaging and integrity of items; records of work performed on the items, who was involved and dates; analytical and test results; details of quality checks

2. DRAFT REPORTS ' electronic and/or hard copy drafts of reports of statements sent out to the Prosecution Team.

3. ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENTS time recording sheets, case costings, delivery notes, invoices, records of enquiries with customers relating to costs, etc.

4. RECORDS of material submitted but not examined, of material examined but relating to suspects not included in reports or statements; of work carried out by others, including the results; of procedures and techniques used during the examinations.

5. RETAINED MATERIALS, material from items (list), Hairs recovered from the fragments of bushes, tapings from the curtains, CDs of photos supplied from Portugal, DVD of scene examination supplied from Portugal, Photographs and CD of LMG + stain on tile 286/2007 CR/L 5.

6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION in the form of maps, plans, photographs, videos relating to the scene of the offence, details of modus operandi, details of related offences.

Completed by John Robert Lowe BSc Cbiol MIBiol RFP

Signed (Unsigned copy)

Dated 06-09-2007
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1315 on: July 05, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
I provided the link. search for bushes. here it is

Date: 06-09-07

For court use only:

Rv
Exhibit number
Signed date

Justice of the peace/clerk to Court

Page 1 of 1

Processos Vol X
Page 2660

The Forensic Science Service

Expert's Index of Unused Material

FSS References : 300 655 190/400 932 184

CJS URN

Index compiled by John Robert Lowe BSc Cbiol MIBiol RFP

The following is a list of unused material in the possession of the Forensic Science Services and being managed in this case by the above named expert (note, the material should be considered to be NON - SENSITIVE, unless a specific flag exists to suggest it might be SENSITIVE). The list is provided in accordance with the guidance given in ?Disclosure: Expert?s evidence and unused material ? Guidance Booklet for Experts?.

EXPERT'S USE

Number Description of material

1. CASE NOTES made at the time of the examination of the items: provide details of dates of examinations; details of packaging and integrity of items; records of work performed on the items, who was involved and dates; analytical and test results; details of quality checks

2. DRAFT REPORTS ' electronic and/or hard copy drafts of reports of statements sent out to the Prosecution Team.

3. ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENTS time recording sheets, case costings, delivery notes, invoices, records of enquiries with customers relating to costs, etc.

4. RECORDS of material submitted but not examined, of material examined but relating to suspects not included in reports or statements; of work carried out by others, including the results; of procedures and techniques used during the examinations.

5. RETAINED MATERIALS, material from items (list), Hairs recovered from the fragments of bushes, tapings from the curtains, CDs of photos supplied from Portugal, DVD of scene examination supplied from Portugal, Photographs and CD of LMG + stain on tile 286/2007 CR/L 5.

6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION in the form of maps, plans, photographs, videos relating to the scene of the offence, details of modus operandi, details of related offences.

Completed by John Robert Lowe BSc Cbiol MIBiol RFP

Signed (Unsigned copy)

Dated 06-09-2007

So did Lowe collect the hair sample is this location because the dog alerted there?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1316 on: July 05, 2020, 05:45:00 PM »
stain on tile 286/2007 CR/L 5

A stain was also found on Madeleine's pyjama top according to Kate.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1317 on: July 05, 2020, 05:47:44 PM »
So did Lowe collect the hair sample is this location because the dog alerted there?

That would have been evidence collected in the bushes where Eddie alerted. Lowe had nothing to do with collecting evidence in Portugal.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1318 on: July 05, 2020, 05:53:41 PM »
That would have been evidence collected in the bushes where Eddie alerted. Lowe had nothing to do with collecting evidence in Portugal.

Ok thanks, dogs alerted and hairs found, what are the chances.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1319 on: July 05, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »
Ok thanks, dogs alerted and hairs found, what are the chances.

Do cadaver dogs alert to hair...might explain the coconut