Author Topic: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?  (Read 20225 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »
So it’s a fact she couldn’t have been abducted from  the apartment now is it?

A distinct possibility based on hard evidence.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2018, 09:00:13 PM »
A distinct possibility based on hard evidence.

Now it's a mere possibility not a fact....how things change
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:21:44 PM by Davel »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
Yet secrecy is supposedly paramount in the workings of the Portuguese Justice system.

That would be an operational secrecy... quite different.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2018, 09:43:24 PM »
That would be an operational secrecy... quite different.

It's hardly operational when the secrecy extends to witnesses who are forbidden to speak about the case.

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2018, 09:44:16 PM »
So it’s a fact she couldn’t have been abducted from  the apartment now is it?

Well yes, according the the investigating police force in Portugal. No evidence she was abducted from the apartment. None, not a spot...

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2018, 09:46:51 PM »
It's hardly operational when the secrecy extends to witnesses who are forbidden to speak about the case.

Can you explain who you are referring to Misty I don't follow?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:30 PM »
Well yes, according the the investigating police force in Portugal. No evidence she was abducted from the apartment. None, not a spot...
So no evidence of something = proof it didn’t happen,  is that your view?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2018, 10:10:19 PM »
Can you explain who you are referring to Misty I don't follow?

I was referring to all the people who made statements to the PJ & were subsequently bound by judicial secrecy.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2018, 10:11:11 PM »

That seems to be a variation on "If you can't give an example of where it happened before then it can't happen".
Hey ho says Rowley,
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2018, 10:12:56 PM »

I thought you said you were not going to engage with me because of my attitude towards the McCanns?

I have no view on their conclusion, I have no evidence of an abduction from the apartment. I was   reminding readers that the investigation by a police force were adamant that there was no abduction from the apartment as is claimed by the parents. You don't like it phone them email them and tell them so... OR provide evidence of an abduction and [ cos Kate ses   is not evidence] ^*&&

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
That seems to be a variation on "If you can't give an example of where it happened before then it can't happen".
Hey ho says Rowley,

and of course quite the opposite to...the fact that there is no evidence agaist the mccanns is not evidence of their innocence

« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:48 PM »
I was referring to all the people who made statements to the PJ & were subsequently bound by judicial secrecy.

Thank you Misty.

What police force/service do you know of who let witnesses chat about a case which is a live investigation.  As an example If I said I witnessed a man breaking a window and pointed him out in a line up and then go and tell everyone what chance does he have to a fair trial? and what If I picked out the wrong person? it could cause problems. Jurors are sworn to secrecy and for a good reason.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2018, 10:25:02 PM »
Thank you Misty.

What police force/service do you know of who let witnesses chat about a case which is a live investigation.  As an example If I said I witnessed a man breaking a window and pointed him out in a line up and then go and tell everyone what chance does he have to a fair trial? and what If I picked out the wrong person? it could cause problems. Jurors are sworn to secrecy and for a good reason.

Thats exactly why someone got arrested recently

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2018, 10:42:48 PM »
Hey ho says Rowley,
No one has ever said that. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2018, 10:55:10 PM »
No one has ever said that.

I am content that is cleared up.
Perhaps your acknowledgement will now put a stop to the dreadful pox of "show us where it has happened before ...you cannot" as it is meaningless forming no sensible part of debate.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey