Author Topic: Scotland Yard about to commence digs in and around Praia da Luz.  (Read 96349 times)

icabodcrane

Re: Scotland Yard about to commence digs in and around Praia da Luz.
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2014, 12:34:23 AM »
Cheers Slarti, have ammended my spelling. 8((()*/

When they are little rocky coves like that, they will get unusual currents especially in rough conditions.  The seas were roughening that night.

You don't know that

...   you don't  know  there were  'unusual currents'

Stop making things up and presenting it as fact

Offline Brietta

« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2014, 12:47:29 AM »
Because in the 3+ years that the yard have been working on the case new information has come to light that the PJ didn't have or hadn't discovered in the few months (not 3 years) they were working on the case back in 2007?

>@@(*&) Then why did they indicate them in 2007?  Something must have attracted their attention to them.

I am not aware that Operation Grange came up with 'new information'.

It is my understanding they were working through the PJ files and highlighted from them areas which had not been properly investigated by the original investigation.

The evidence they used to reopen Madeleine's case was available to the PJ at the time, but had not been properly investigated.
For example, I believe the information regarding cell phone traffic was recorded in the files.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2014, 01:18:30 AM »
You don't know that

...   you don't  know  there were  'unusual currents'

Stop making things up and presenting it as fact
Why dont you ask peeps who live by such an Atlantic sea cove with rocky pieces jutting out ?  Bet you such coves have mighty complex under currebts differing from straight stretches of land which are likely to have a simple current.

You only have to look at rocks situated like that to see how the tide undercurrents erodes the beach around them

icabodcrane

« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »
Why dont you ask peeps who live by such an Atlantic sea cove with rocky pieces jutting out ?  Bet you such coves have mighty complex under currebts differing from straight stretches of land which are likely to have a simple current.

You only have to look at rocks situated like that to see how the tide undercurrents erodes the beach around them

Well,  should  those  'peeps'  who live near the beach you are refering to,  and who  know what they're talking about,  ever appear on the forum to pontificate about  the 'unusual currents'  there,  then we can both take notice

Until then,  you should stop pretending  YOU  'know'  shouldn't you  ...   because you don't

Offline pegasus

« Reply #304 on: May 09, 2014, 01:41:31 AM »
... The spots being dug are the same ones identified by Amaral and his team....
There is a french phrase (and I keep thinking I've heard it before) called deja vu
The Sun, 12 SEPT 2007
"... outside the Portuguese church ... They fear the three-year-old’s body was stashed under roadworks, then later moved ... in a roadworks trench ... It has since been filled in ... but do NOT expect it to be her final resting place ... many of the streets in Praia da Luz were being dug up because of work to recobble them"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:51:28 AM by pegasus »

Offline sadie

« Reply #305 on: May 09, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
There is a french phrase (and I keep thinking I've heard it before) called deja vu
The Sun, 12.09.2007
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic394.html
But Pegasus, behind the church was NOT shown on TV this morning as one of the places they were going to dig.

This mornings TV news showed
1)  the Staff Accomodation buildings and grounds .. and

2)  the waste ground immediately across Rua D'escola from the Staff Quarters.  This land reaches across to a car park and Rua Primiera Maio

And 3)  The big eastern beach

Offline sadie

« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2014, 01:54:42 AM »
Well,  should  those  'peeps'  who live near the beach you are refering to,  and who  know what they're talking about,  ever appear on the forum to pontificate about  the 'unusual currents'  there,  then we can both take notice

Until then,  you should stop pretending  YOU  'know'  shouldn't you  ...   because you don't
At least one person here has lived close to the sea .... JOHN

Maybe several others and I am inviting them to either confirm or disprove what I have said

Offline pegasus

« Reply #307 on: May 09, 2014, 02:04:44 AM »
... behind the church was NOT shown on TV this morning ...
The Sept 2007 article I quoted was referring to open trench roadworks for drain renewal in May 2007 in the north-south public road which is on the west side of the church.

Both the current investigation, and the investigation referred to in that Sept 2007 article, appear to anticipate the possibility of discovering evidence of a no longer extant, previous, temporary location.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2014, 02:33:32 AM »
"MW" employees AFAIK some lived in own accomodation, and some in employer-provided accomodation.
"OC" employees AFAIK had no employer-provided accomodation.
But the current areas publicised which will be searched by The PJ (with a foreign police force called SY observing) do not include buildings IMO, the searches are to be of land, not buildings IMO.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:40:14 AM by pegasus »

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2014, 02:40:15 AM »
The digs are NOT "checking" the PJ investigation.

The SY review which lasted two years did that, then led into Operation Grange.

Operation Grange is now at the exact same point the PJ got to before it got shelved.

Which OF COURSE is where they'd be, if the original investigation was solid.

Apparently it was solid, but not a word of apology to Amaral for all the abuse he has suffered over the last 7 years.

Not a word. Not from the McCanns anyway who burbled out a generic "hope for answers" instead of a hope that their daughter would be found.

Yet another Freudian slip, you'd think he would have learnt by now....!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:03:43 AM by Silkywhiskers »

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2014, 03:06:56 AM »
The question must be asked - why has The McCann not made it's way to the dig site?

They managed to come flying in with maximum urgency for the suspended libel trial.

One would think NOTHING would be more important than a dig which  may finally find their baby.

If nothing else, it will be a wonderful new media opportunity to further their own much vaunted "search".

Sometimes it's what you don't do that is significant.

?8)@)-)

Offline sadie

« Reply #311 on: May 09, 2014, 03:43:41 AM »
The question must be asked - why has The McCann not made it's way to the dig site?

They managed to come flying in with maximum urgency for the suspended libel trial.

One would think NOTHING would be more important than a dig which  may finally find their baby.

If nothing else, it will be a wonderful new media opportunity to further their own much vaunted "search".

Sometimes it's what you don't do that is significant.

?8)@)-)
What a strange person you are, insisting that The Mccanns should be at the digging.

If they were there, it goes without saying that you would be criticizing them for being there.

THey cant win even the slightest bit of empathy from you.   What ever they do is always WRONG! ... ALWAYS

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #312 on: May 09, 2014, 04:02:44 AM »
What a strange person you are, insisting that The Mccanns should be at the digging.

If they were there, it goes without saying that you would be criticizing them for being there.

THey cant win even the slightest bit of empathy from you.   What ever they do is always WRONG! ... ALWAYS

Excellent comprehension skills.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2014, 04:08:47 AM »
Re the PJ search area west of Rua 1 Maio.
Using the principle start from the last known place seen (apartment) then examine a small circle centred there gradually increasing mm by mm in its radius, that would make the northern end the most interesting.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #314 on: May 09, 2014, 04:36:31 AM »
... if I were able to post GE images...
GE I dont know about but on googlemaps/streetview pages there is a link button, press it and copy the link, and post it. No need to post the image just post the link

BTW here is link to a reported 2007 proposed although probably never implemented excavation of filled roadworks in the street near the church (which appears to be on the current list of search sites too)
Article was in TheSun 12 Sept 2007 however it seems to be no longer there but can be found at http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic394.html
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:39:55 AM by pegasus »