Author Topic: Método 3, Marcos Aragão Correia and the campaign to discredit Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 121776 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Clearly the Joana Cipriano case and the Madeleine McCann case had much in common but coincidentally the same Portuguese detective was tasked with coordinating both disappearances, that detective was Dr Gonçalo Amaral.

Spanish private investigators Método 3, based in Barcelona, were tasked with finding Madeleine McCann but it appears that their brief extended much further.

We look at who said what and when.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:12:00 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Carana

...but the question I would like answered is this.  Who instructed Metodo 3 to arrange legal representation for Leonor Cipriano,the only purpose of such being to undermine Amaral?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:21:56 AM by John »

stephen25000

...but the question I would like answered is this.  Who instructed Metodo 3 to arrange legal representation for Leonor Cipriano,the only purpose of such being to undermine Amaral?

That is something you already know.

The mccanns employed metodo3. They 'employed'  Correia to attack Amaral.

Cause and effect.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:44:44 AM by John »

Offline Carana

That is something you already know.

The mccanns employed metodo3. They 'employed'  Correia to attack Amaral.

Cause and effect.

Metodo 3 was indeed employed to help find Madeleine. I have no issue with that.

But where does the allegation that "They 'employed'  Correia to attack Amaral" come from?

Offline Angelo222

A simple search will take you to Cipriano's former lawyer who made public that Metodo3 had attempted to lean on him in order to discredit Amaral.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:45:46 AM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

A simple search will take you to Cipriano's former lawyer who made public that Metodo3 had attempted to lean on him in order to discredit Amaral.

I thought that providing credible sources to substantiate allegations when possible was part of the forum rules on here. Or is this no longer considered important?

Offline Mr Gray

do you have quote to support this..as per forum rules...or is it forum gossip

Offline Carana

do you have quote to support this..as per forum rules...or is it forum gossip

I just asked the same thing. As a senior mod, I would have thought that Angelo would have had the links at his fingertips.

Forum Rules, first para:

Please treat all members with respect, avoid speculation and ensure that any material posted is accompanied by the relevant links.

Perhaps he's busy and will come back with credible links to substantiate what he asserted.

Offline John

It might never be known who if anyone instructed Método 3 in relation to discrediting Amaral but we know for sure who was paying them.

I thought that providing credible sources to substantiate allegations when possible was part of the forum rules on here. Or is this no longer considered important?

This has been covered in some depth previously.  Two lawyers both of whom seperately acted for Leonor Cipriano have accused Método 3 of attempting to coerce them into finding dirt against Gonçalo Amaral.

Extract from SIC magazine
15 February 2009

Leonor Cipriano was defended during the entire PJ torture investigation by the lawyer João Grade dos Santos but, "on the eve of the start of trial, the client waived the services of the lawyer,"

Acting on behalf of the McCanns, Método 3, tried to recruit Leonor Cipriano's lawyer, João Grade dos Santos, explaining that his help would be very helpful to their investigations, given the similarities between the two cases.  Método 3 stated that "spending money was no problem" and pulled to the fore the theme "Gonçalo Amaral".  Only months later, having already refused to work for the Spanish agency, Grade realized that Método 3 had their own "agenda".  This "agenda" was, according to SIC, to get a lawyer to put Gonçalo Amaral "out of operation", since, in both cases, the detective seemed to want the same: the culpability of the parents.

Faced with the refusal of João Grade dos Santos, Método 3 approached another lawyer - the young Marcos Aragão Correia, who came to participate in searches of Madeleine as a medium and subsequently became involved in investigations related to the Joana case, eventually being engaged to defend Leonor Cipriano in the trial against the five inspectors from Faro.

Read it for yourself here.

www.miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3500.msg133640#msg133640
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:44:40 PM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

This has been covered in some depth previously.  Two lawyers both of whom seperately acted for Leonor Cipriano have accused Método 3 of attempting to coerce them into finding dirt against Gonçalo Amaral.

15 February 2009

Leonor Cipriano was defended during the entire PJ torture investigation by the lawyer João Grade dos Santos but, "on the eve of the start of trial, the client waived the services of the lawyer,"

Acting on behalf of the McCanns, Método 3, tried to recruit Leonor Cipriano's lawyer, João Grade dos Santos, explaining that his help would be very helpful to their investigations, given the similarities between the two cases.  Método 3 stated that "spending money was no problem" and pulled to the fore the theme "Gonçalo Amaral".  Only months later, having already refused to work for the Spanish agency, Grade realized that Método 3 had their own "agenda".  This "agenda" was, according to SIC, to get a lawyer to put Gonçalo Amaral "out of operation", since, in both cases, the detective seemed to want the same: the culpability of the parents.

Faced with the refusal of João Grade dos Santos, Método 3 approached another lawyer - the young Marcos Aragão Correia, who came to participate in searches of Madeleine as a medium and subsequently became involved in investigations related to the Joana case, eventually being engaged to defend Leonor Cipriano in the trial against the five inspectors from Faro.

Where is the quote from either lawyer...what you have posted is an article by a journalist called Peter Rabbit making accusations..not convincing..is this the best evidence you can find
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:45:10 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Brietta

15 February 2009

Acting on behalf of the McCanns, Método 3, tried to recruit Leonor Cipriano's lawyer, João Grade dos Santos, explaining that his help would be very helpful to their investigations, given the similarities between the two cases.  Método 3 stated that "spending money was no problem" and pulled the fore the theme "Gonçalo Amaral".  Only months later, having already refused to work for the Spanish agency, Grade realized that Método 3 had their own "agenda".  This "agenda" was, according to SIC, to get a lawyer to put Gonçalo Amaral "out of operation", since, in both cases, the detective seemed to want the same: the culpability of the parents.

Probably way off topic but interesting all round; I would have thought that Marcos Aragão Correia would have welcomed the opportunity to dig some dirt, particularly as Dr Amaral was quite keen to have him committed to an asylum.

Dr Amaral sued Marcos Aragão Correia for defamation and lost the case; I believe Dr Amaral had to pay compensation and costs which were substantial and contributed to Dr Amaral's parlous financial situation. 

I must say I have never heard of a police chief suing a lawyer for acting on behalf of his client in court. 

Also, prior to giving up representing Leonor Cipriano Joao Grade was arrested for carrying a bag with amphetamines and ecstasy tablets into Beja prison; subsequently his plea that he did not know the drugs were in his possession was accepted by a court. As I say, interesting.

Original Source: Correio_da_Manha: 06_Oct 2010
[Paper addition only] 06 October 2010

The Public Ministry accuses lawyer Marcos Aragao Correia of defamation against Goncalo Amaral, a former PJ coordinator, due to a document in which he recounts supposed torture acts against Leonor Cipriano, who in 2005 was condemned to a 16-year prison sentence over the death of her daughter, Joana, and the concealment of the child's cadaver.

The lawyer - who represents Leonor Cipriano - has sent the aforementioned document to the Association against Exclusion for Development (ACED), and its head, Antonio Dores, also stands accused of the crime of defamation.

After filing the complaint against the lawyer, Goncalo Amaral requested for Aragao Correia to be considered unimputable, even suggesting his commitment to a psychiatric hospital.

Within the case of alleged aggressions against Leonor, Goncalo Amaral was condemned to a one-and-a-half-year suspended sentence over false deposition.

The former PJ coordinator is represented by Joao Grade, Cipriano's former lawyer

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/42oct10/Correio_da_Manha_06_10_10.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

And, of course, Joao Grade, Leonors Lawyer was at Amarals 50th birthday bash in Portimao

They sound pretty close.

Allegedly, dunno if it is true, Joao Grade was going to take Amaral into his prcatice and train him to become a Lawyer.

Guess that all finished when Amaral was found by the Courts to be a perjurer and made a criminal.?

Offline Carana

Where is the quote from either lawyer...what you have posted is an article by a journalist called Peter Rabbit making accusations..not convincing..is this the best evidence you can find

I didn't see a byline by Peter Rabbit. Perhaps it was co-authored along with Jeremy Fisher and Miss Puddleduck?

Offline John

When you are finished taking the proverbial, let me introduce renowned journalist Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit).

Profile of Portuguese journalist Peter Rabbit oka Pedro Coelho

Renowned Portuguese journalist Pedro Coelho.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:57:20 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

When you are finished taking the proverbial, let me introduce renowned journalist Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit).

Profile of Portuguese journalist Peter Rabbit oka Pedro Coelho

Renowned Portuguese journalist Pedro Coelho.

renowned journalist.....google seems never to have heard of him