Author Topic: Terfenadine for hayfever in 2007?  (Read 16168 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Terfenadine for hayfever in 2007?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 08:39:50 AM »
What’s your problem?

Terfenadine is used as a brand name and not as a generic antihistamine.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »
A medicação mais vezes utilizada nos casos leves a moderados são os anti-histamínicos orais que bloqueiam o receptor H1 da histamina, um dos principais mediadores responsável pelos sintomas. Alguns destes medicamentos são a terfenadina, astemizole, loratadina e fexofenadina.[22]

so why is the current portugues wiki page suggesting terfenadina as  atreatment for hay fever when the drug was phased out some 10 years ago

Is that 10 years ago as in 2009 or 1999 ?

Does this phasing out apply in Portugal, or is it a UK thing? Different rules do apply in different countries.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:21:40 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 08:44:08 AM »
Yes, I know, did you not follow Davel’s reasoning?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 08:46:44 AM »
I may take a Piriton if I have hay fever, it doesn’t mean that I actually used that brand every time, it’s just the word I use rather than the clunkier antihistamine.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 08:55:52 AM »
See opening post.  Billy hasn’t provided the source of the quote.

Yeah - I did. His witness statement (September 2007).

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 09:00:46 AM »
Yes, I know, did you not follow Davel’s reasoning?

Yes I did.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 09:04:02 AM »
I may take a Piriton if I have hay fever, it doesn’t mean that I actually used that brand every time, it’s just the word I use rather than the clunkier antihistamine.

This was a witness statement, nor everyday conversation, a statement in which Gerry used brand names for every other drug they had brought to Portugal. Why do you think he would change that solely on this drug ?

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »
To feed to his kids obviously!!

Yes I’m sure there would be some that speculate on that except that terfenadine doesn’t fit the sedation narrative (unlike Phenergan)

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 09:18:42 AM »
Where does GM quote the medicines used?  Is it his wit stat?
Someone may have answered this already but it was from "GERALD PATRICK MCCANN ' STATEMENT AS AN ARGUIDO
(from DVD)

September 7/2007 16.05 to 20.50  at Portimao"  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 09:21:18 AM »
Biro is a brand name but used generically

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
A medicação mais vezes utilizada nos casos leves a moderados são os anti-histamínicos orais que bloqueiam o receptor H1 da histamina, um dos principais mediadores responsável pelos sintomas. Alguns destes medicamentos são a terfenadina, astemizole, loratadina e fexofenadina.[22]

so why is the current portugues wiki page suggesting terfenadina as  atreatment for hay fever when the drug was phased out some 10 years ago

The WHO lists how not all countries acted at the same time. But the statement to me reads like these four drugs were what they brought with them. It actually being Phenergan and a mis-translation makes more sense, IMO.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
Biro is a brand name but used generically

As I’ve said Gerry used the band name of everything else so why not Terfenadine ?

For the record I don’t think if the children were sedated Terfenadine was used but it’s interesting why supporters are  adverse to Gerry admitting he had it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 09:25:01 AM »
This was a witness statement, nor everyday conversation, a statement in which Gerry used brand names for every other drug they had brought to Portugal. Why do you think he would change that solely on this drug ?
Was it actually Calpol, or was it a Calpol like product they had?  Do we have photographic proof of all these deadly drugs, and if not why not?  Why does Gerry own up to having the drug that supposedly he was feeding to all his kids?  Is he deranged?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 09:25:40 AM »
As I’ve said Gerry used the band name of everything else so why not Terfenadine ?

For the record I don’t think if the children were sedated Terfenadine was used but it’s interesting why supporters are  adverse to Gerry admitting he had it.
What do you think they were sedated with then?  Heroin?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 09:27:14 AM »
Was it actually Calpol, or was it a Calpol like product they had?  Do we have photographic proof of all these deadly drugs, and if not why not?  Why does Gerry own up to having the drug that supposedly he was feeding to all his kids?  Is he deranged?

Read my post above.