Author Topic: Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?  (Read 41021 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »
Amaral lied to the judge over the altered timesheets so an appeal cannot alter that fact. Ironically, had he not been involved with the McCann case he would not have been convicted nor lost his job.  C'est la vie!!

Nothing to do with The Mccanns.  The documents were falsified way back in 2005, long before we even heard of Madeleine Mccann.

Now, come on Angelo .... just why did Amaral lose his job?  Let's get at the truth here please

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »
Nothing to do with The Mccanns.  The documents were falsified way back in 2005, long before we even heard of Madeleine Mccann.

Now, come on Angelo .... just why did Amaral lose his job?  Let's get at the truth here please

He resigned.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 03:40:53 PM »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
Yes he did
Angelo is wrong

No, lost job can be voluntary or involuntary.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
He resigned.
Since when have you been called Angelo ?

And I  expect a response from Angelo on BOTH points

expect a response from Angelo on both points

Do you also acknowledge, Angelo, that The Mccanns had nothing to do with Amaral being convicted. 
To remind you Amarals perjury was in 2005, long before The Mccanns came on the scene.

Please can you amend your post.

BTW, it was my understanding that Amaral had upset the heirachy by criticizing the British Police.  Might they have been ultra kind and called it resignation?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »
Since when have you been called Angelo ?

And I  expect a response from Angelo on BOTH points

Do you also acknowledge, Angelo, that The Mccanns had nothing to do with Amaral being convicted. 
To remind you Amarals perjury was in 2005, long before The Mccanns came on the scene.

Please can you amend your post.

BTW, it was my understanding that Amaral had upset the heirachy by criticizing the British Police.  Might they have been ultra kind and called it resignation?

Sorry dear open forum, posters can reply to who they please.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2016, 04:05:58 PM »
No, lost job can be voluntary or involuntary.
dont talk rubbish
You don't LOSE your job voluntarily

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »
dont talk rubbish

If your position is made intolerable then you may still resign which is voluntary.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »
If your position is made intolerable then you may still resign which is voluntary.
No you don't
You stand up for yourself
That's what I would do but perhaps I'm made of stronger stuff than you or amaral

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

Or one may take Voluntary Redundancy.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 05:52:55 PM »
http://truthofthelie.com/the-book/

Copy of the forward from the French version -

“Certainly, this book responds to the need I felt to defend myself, having been discredited by the institution for which I worked for more than twenty-six years, without being given any chance to explain myself, publicly or within the institution itself. I made the request several times, but it was never heard. I, therefore, scrupulously respected the rules of the police judiciaire and I refrained from making any comment. But this goes without saying: I experienced that silence to which I was constrained as an attack on my dignity. Later, I was removed from the investigation. It was then that I understood that it was time to speak. To do that, I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »
dont talk rubbish
I've done it, and I'm aware of many others doing the same.
What's up, old man?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2016, 07:12:04 PM »
http://truthofthelie.com/the-book/

Copy of the forward from the French version -

“Certainly, this book responds to the need I felt to defend myself, having been discredited by the institution for which I worked for more than twenty-six years, without being given any chance to explain myself, publicly or within the institution itself. I made the request several times, but it was never heard. I, therefore, scrupulously respected the rules of the police judiciaire and I refrained from making any comment. But this goes without saying: I experienced that silence to which I was constrained as an attack on my dignity. Later, I was removed from the investigation. It was then that I understood that it was time to speak. To do that, I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely.

Thanks.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2016, 01:10:10 AM »
I've done it, and I'm aware of many others doing the same.
Losing your job is something you are forced to accept
It is not a voluntary action

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2016, 01:14:33 AM »
Losing your job is something you are forced to accept
It is not a voluntary action
Rubbish.
What's up, old man?