Author Topic: The Felicia Cabrita story about the 14 bottles of wine.  (Read 34938 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: The Felicia Cabrita story about the 14 bottles of wine.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
I don't see the point of this thread. There was obviously a misunderstanding. Though holidayers drink more because wine is much cheaper in Portugal, these people were certainly not drunk.
When you drink your capacity of attention diminishes, one more reason to have invested on a baby sitter.

Offline gilet

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »
I don't see the point of this thread. There was obviously a misunderstanding. Though holidayers drink more because wine is much cheaper in Portugal, these people were certainly not drunk.
When you drink your capacity of attention diminishes, one more reason to have invested on a baby sitter.

This thread has served an excellent purpose in that it has demonstrated once again that believing the nonsense claimed in the newspapers without referring back to the actual PJ files is sheer insanity.

It has demonstrated that the news story was simply incorrect.

It has also shown that the myths regarding this evening meal being a drunken affair, in which the McCanns and their friends could not have behaved responsibly, which was based entirely on this inaccurate story are also without foundation.

It has in fact enabled people to see what the truth really is about the matter.

I am quite shocked that you don't see the point in threads which enable the truth to be demonstrated in this way. I am equally shocked that Redblossom is still promoting the myths rather than facing up to the truth.

Offline Carana

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »

A bit of a serious blunder for an investigative journalist, though, one that just happened to reinforce anti-British sentiment.

And as it was repeated ad nauseum, it became a troo fact that they were blind drunk with all the negative implications that that entailed.

Offline Carana

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 10:53:23 AM »
I'm also curious as to her source for that...

Redblossom

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »
This thread has served an excellent purpose in that it has demonstrated once again that believing the nonsense claimed in the newspapers without referring back to the actual PJ files is sheer insanity.

It has demonstrated that the news story was simply incorrect.

It has also shown that the myths regarding this evening meal being a drunken affair, in which the McCanns and their friends could not have behaved responsibly, which was based entirely on this inaccurate story are also without foundation.

It has in fact enabled people to see what the truth really is about the matter.

I am quite shocked that you don't see the point in threads which enable the truth to be demonstrated in this way. I am equally shocked that Redblossom is still promoting the myths rather than facing up to the truth.

Promoting?I already said to me it seemed an excessive number for such a short period of time...though I would have no problem accepting it for any other evening, because 14 bottles is just less than a bottle and half each!...and if they normally spent their evenings until midnight and past, its not such a big deal, I  merely added some background on the drink habits, with sources, so people can think for themselves what they want to think and outside the box.

I concede the number 14 seems to have been plucked out of the restaraunt sheet for the whole evenings diners, I  merely offered a possibility that it was a copy made for just one table...after all arent way out possibilities always offered up by some people as explanations for x y and z?

I guess you arent going to be expecting any newspaper to be printing 100% truths then, not back then not now or in the future.

That goes to Sadie as well!

Offline gilet

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
Promoting?I already said to me it seemed an excessive number for such a short period of time...though I would have no problem accepting it for any other evening, because 14 bottles is just less than a bottle and half each!...and if they normally spent their evenings until midnight and past, its not such a big deal, I  merely added some background on the drink habits, with sources, so people can think for themselves what they want to think and outside the box.

I concede the number 14 seems to have been plucked out of the restaraunt sheet for the whole evenings diners, I  merely offered a possibility that it was a copy made for just one table...after all arent way out possibilities always offered up by some people as explanations for x y and z?

I guess you arent going to be expecting any newspaper to be printing 100% truths then, not back then not now or in the future.

That goes to Sadie as well!

Promoting it? Yes.

The evidence that there is nothing to show that the McCanns and their friends EVER drank that amount has been given to you.

And even when faced with that evidence you are still suggesting that it is true or could have been true.

That is simply continuing to promote a myth that has been disproved and as such is sheer folly when the aim, surely, is to find the truth. Persisting with unfounded rumour is promoting myth not seeking truth.

And unless I have some kind of corroboration I don't believe what I read in the papers. No.

I prefer fact to tabloid quackery and baseless myths.

And I am glad that the truth about this matter has been exposed. The claim regarding 14 bottles was entirely inaccurate.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:36:27 AM by gilet »

Redblossom

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 11:43:19 AM »
Well gilet you dont haveto give yourself a hernia each time you post you know
 @)(++(*

So, they didnt drink 14 bottles of wine that night,case closed

Offline gilet

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
Well gilet you dont haveto give yourself a hernia each time you post you know
 @)(++(*

So, they didnt drink 14 bottles of wine that night,case closed

No health problems here.

Thank you for finally accepting the evidence and admitting that this was a myth.

A myth, I might add, which has contributed to the forming of opinions about the McCanns. Such opinions are too often based on such erroneous details from newspapers which never bothered to check the facts.

Redblossom

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
No health problems here.

Thank you for finally accepting the evidence and admitting that this was a myth.

A myth, I might add, which has contributed to the forming of opinions about the McCanns. Such opinions are too often based on such erroneous details from newspapers which never bothered to check the facts.

You cant lay down the law and speak for others, that particular story bore no relation whatsoever to any opinions I formed about them. Neither did any others for that matter.

Offline gilet

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
You cant lay down the law and speak for others, that particular story bore no relation whatsoever to any opinions I formed about them. Neither did any others for that matter.

Whatever you say! A shame your own earlier posts seem to contradict you though.

Redblossom

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
Whatever you say! A shame your own earlier posts seem to contradict you though.

Shame you presuppose to know what opinions I have about what issues and where and when I formed them and why.
 @)(++(*

For you it seems, the media and Mr Amaral controlled any opinions, not so, the picture is far bigger and more complex than that. And it works the other way around too.

ETA People can be influenced, but its so very arrogant to suggest no one has their own mind or ability to make it up.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:51:16 PM by Redblossom »

Offline gilet

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
Shame you presuppose to know what opinions I have about what issues and where and when I formed them and why.
 @)(++(*

For you it seems, the media and Mr Amaral controlled any opinions, not so, the picture is far bigger and more complex than that. And it works the other way around too.

ETA People can be influenced, but its so very arrogant to suggest no one has their own mind or ability to make it up.

I have no presuppositions. My knowledge of your opinions comes directly from the posts you make such as the one you made above which based on no evidence at all speculates that the McCanns might have regularly drunk 14 bottles on other evenings.

And it does you no credit to make allegations about me having presuppositions when you include such presuppositions about me in your own post. Quite hypocritical of you in fact.

Redblossom

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 01:06:47 PM »
I have no presuppositions. My knowledge of your opinions comes directly from the posts you make such as the one you made above which based on no evidence at all speculates that the McCanns might have regularly drunk 14 bottles on other evenings.

And it does you no credit to make allegations about me having presuppositions when you include such presuppositions about me in your own post. Quite hypocritical of you in fact.

if you are hell bent on being so argumentative you may as  well stick to the facts, nowhere did I say or speculate they might have regularly drunk 14 bottles a night as you put it. I added information from various places to show they it seems they did drink a fair deal every night, maybe not the same each night,thats all. And even if they did, so what? No law against it is there?

As for this

@)(++(*

case rested

stephen25000

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:22 PM »
The Mccanns drinking habits are a matter of record and given by witness statements by the waiters serving them.

I have provided a link to the Daily Mail article before which summarizes some of those.

Whatever excuses are given , the effects of alcohol consumption are well known.

Offline gilet

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »
if you are hell bent on being so argumentative you may as  well stick to the facts, nowhere did I say or speculate they might have regularly drunk 14 bottles a night as you put it. I added information from various places to show they it seems they did drink a fair deal every night, maybe not the same each night,thats all. And even if they did, so what? No law against it is there?

As for this

@)(++(*

case rested

There is no information anywhere in the files that states they ever drank 14 bottles a night.

You are now resorting to lying to defend yourself because at 11:18 today you did post such speculation. I quote:

I already said to me it seemed an excessive number for such a short period of time...though I would have no problem accepting it for any other evening, because 14 bottles is just less than a bottle and half each!...and if they normally spent their evenings until midnight and past, its not such a big deal, I  merely added some background on the drink habits, with sources, so people can think for themselves what they want to think and outside the box.

You were speculating based on nothing but an erroneous news report. Quite pathetic in itself but to lie and pretend you didn't do it makes you look very silly indeed.