Author Topic: The Felicia Cabrita story about the 14 bottles of wine.  (Read 34933 times)

Offline gilet

Re: The Felicia Cabrita story about the 14 bottles of wine.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
The Mccanns drinking habits are a matter of record and given by witness statements by the waiters serving them.

I have provided a link to the Daily Mail article before which summarizes some of those.

Whatever excuses are given , the effects of alcohol consumption are well known.

There is nothing anywhere which suggests the McCanns were in any way incapbable of performing all normal tasks because of alcohol.

I challenge you to provide quotes from these statements which suggests what you are claiming.

As for your reliance on a news article. Sorry, thats just silly but unfortunately to be expected.

Redblossom

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »
There is no information anywhere in the files that states they ever drank 14 bottles a night.

You are now resorting to lying to defend yourself because at 11:18 today you did post such speculation. I quote:

You were speculating based on nothing but an erroneous news report. Quite pathetic in itself but to lie and pretend you didn't do it makes you look very silly indeed.

yada yada

I speculated it was possible given the reasons I gave, never stated it as any fact neither speculated as you CLAIMED they did this or could have done this every night, now who is the one looking silly..again the accusations of lies , yawn

Edited typo
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:38:43 PM by Redblossom »

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »
There is nothing anywhere which suggests the McCanns were in any way incapbable of performing all normal tasks because of alcohol.

I challenge you to provide quotes from these statements which suggests what you are claiming.

As for your reliance on a news article. Sorry, thats just silly but unfortunately to be expected.

Alcohol effects people in a variety of ways, as you will well know.

The drinking occurred on all the nights they visited the Tapas Bar.

Merely because you don't act tipsy, does not mean alcohol inhibits physiological and psychological responses. It is also of course acts as a  depressant, but I'm sure you know that already.

As to the newspaper article it is still available.

On the night in question, they had barely started their drinking, before Madeleine 'disappeared'.

As to the most important issue here, well that's very simple isn't it.

The Mccanns and associates socializing came before childcare.

You may want to discount it, but that is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

Offline sadie

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
Let's put this myth to bed.

first of all these were not drinkers Red.

It is my understanding that a bottle of wine per person was available free as part of the package, yet usually they only had 4bottles total.  Please correct me, if I am wrong on this. but I have seen it somewhere.

The waiter who served them
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RICARDO-A-D-L-OLIVEIRA.htm

Questioned, he affirms that the group would normally consist of nine people (including Madeleines parents), and would normally dine around 20H30 and 20H40. They would not all arrive at once and before they all arrived, some would have cocktails. On the day of the disappearance, all were seated at the table between 20H35 and 20H45. He remembers them arriving as usual. Had they arrived late, this would have been noted by the staff. He does not remember if they were served cocktails. When they were all together, the group sat at the table, he took their orders, including the starters. As already mentioned, on this occasion, he would immediately take two white and two red bottles of wine and one bottle of water to the table. Their main courses would normally be ready 25 to 30 minutes after their order? a time they used to consume the starters. After starters, the group would normally spend about 15 minutes finishing the main course. Generally, during dinner, he would serve four bottles of wine (two white and two red), which the group completely consumed. On that day, he did not serve any more wine. It was also normal for certain members of the group to order dessert. After this, they would normally stay at the table until after 24H00 but would always leave before 00H00, the time when the bar closed. One or more of them, on another night, asked for an after-dinner drink. He remembers this clearly because they asked for Amareto and the bar did not stock it.

Offline gilet

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 01:40:15 PM »
yada yada

I speculated it was possible given the reasons I gave, never stated it as any fact neither speculated as you CLAIMED they did this or could have done this every night, now who is the one looking silly..again the accusations of lies , yawn

Edited typo

So when caught out in a direct lie all you can offer as explanation is "yada, yada". That is very informative about your attitude if nothing else.

There is nothing silly about my claim only your continuance with this nonsense.

Offline sadie

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 01:40:38 PM »

Merely because you don't act tipsy, does not mean alcohol inhibits physiological and psychological responses. It is also of course acts as a  depressant, but I'm sure you know that already.

On the night in question, they had barely started their drinking, before Madeleine 'disappeared'.

Are you teetotal or something Steven?  Narrow minded?

Get your facts right.  Read the waiters statements FGS

stephen25000

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
Let's put this myth to bed.

first of all these were not drinkers Red.

It is my understanding that a bottle of wine per person was available free as part of the package, yet usually they only had 4bottles total.  Please correct me, if I am wrong on this. but I have seen it somewhere.

The waiter who served them
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RICARDO-A-D-L-OLIVEIRA.htm

Questioned, he affirms that the group would normally consist of nine people (including Madeleines parents), and would normally dine around 20H30 and 20H40. They would not all arrive at once and before they all arrived, some would have cocktails. On the day of the disappearance, all were seated at the table between 20H35 and 20H45. He remembers them arriving as usual. Had they arrived late, this would have been noted by the staff. He does not remember if they were served cocktails. When they were all together, the group sat at the table, he took their orders, including the starters. As already mentioned, on this occasion, he would immediately take two white and two red bottles of wine and one bottle of water to the table. Their main courses would normally be ready 25 to 30 minutes after their order? a time they used to consume the starters. After starters, the group would normally spend about 15 minutes finishing the main course. Generally, during dinner, he would serve four bottles of wine (two white and two red), which the group completely consumed. On that day, he did not serve any more wine. It was also normal for certain members of the group to order dessert. After this, they would normally stay at the table until after 24H00 but would always leave before 00H00, the time when the bar closed. One or more of them, on another night, asked for an after-dinner drink. He remembers this clearly because they asked for Amareto and the bar did not stock it.

Sadie.

This issue has been dealt with repeatedly, on here and elsewhere.

Once again here's the link to the mail article which some prefer to ignore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491693/Portuguese-police-Were-Kate-Gerry-drunk-night-Madeleine-vanished.html

On the night in question they were up to the 4 th bottle.

on other nights they consumed as a group a lot more, not counting any drinks they had individually before arriving at the Bar.

Like I've said many times before, socializing  came first.

Offline gilet

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

Most adults drink a little when they have a meal on holiday.

Your pathetic attempt to make something of this is quite ridiculous.

Newspapers are not evidential material in such matters. Are you so naive as to think they always contain truth?

The witness statement as provided by Sadie is however factual evidence.

What you care about does not much concern me. I am concerned with getting at the truth and this thread has demonstrated beyond any doubt that the McCanns' reputation was tarnished by lies in the press, by the likes of anti McCanns continuing with the myth/lie about 14 bottles and by the likes of those here who still cannot accept the truth and prefer to speculate and hound the parents of a missing child rather than face the actual evidence.

Redblossom

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2013, 01:46:23 PM »
Sadie,

- Gerry Mccann himself states in his september interview, right at the end, it was normal for each of them to have more or less a bottle each per night, thats excluding pre dinner and after dinner drinks
- Some waiter statements support this
- No one has said they were drunk every night
- End of, out of this discussion

Redblossom

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
So when caught out in a direct lie all you can offer as explanation is "yada, yada". That is very informative about your attitude if nothing else.

There is nothing silly about my claim only your continuance with this nonsense.

Sour grapes? I didnt lie, but I couldnt really give two hoots what you think and how you twist things, have bunches more respect for honest posters....
 8((()*/

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 01:49:51 PM »
Most adults drink a little when they have a meal on holiday.

Your pathetic attempt to make something of this is quite ridiculous.

Newspapers are not evidential material in such matters. Are you so naive as to think they always contain truth?

The witness statement as provided by Sadie is however factual evidence.

What you care about does not much concern me. I am concerned with getting at the truth and this thread has demonstrated beyond any doubt that the McCanns' reputation was tarnished by lies in the press, by the likes of anti McCanns continuing with the myth/lie about 14 bottles and by the likes of those here who still cannot accept the truth and prefer to speculate and hound the parents of a missing child rather than face the actual evidence.

Complete rubbish.

The bottom line remains.

The Mccanns put socializing above childcare.

Offline gilet

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »
Sadie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491693/Portuguese-police-Were-Kate-Gerry-drunk-night-Madeleine-vanished.html

on other nights they consumed as a group a lot more, not counting any drinks they had individually before arriving at the Bar.

As I have said your reliance on news articles is pathetic when the evidence is in the files.

However I will indulge you and quote directly from that article.

But the group's waiter, Jose Baptista, said they were 'very sensible' about their drinking and usually had eight to ten bottles over the course of two or three hours.

Thats a bottle of wine each over three hours. That is normal in most people's eyes. Perhaps not in blinkered eyes of anti McCanns though.

And "very sensible" is the direct quote. Not what you are suggesting at all even though it is you offering this article as evidence. I suggest you read what you post before exaggerating for effect.

As for your claim they drank a lot more on other nights please prove that or we can discard it as yet more exaggeration from you.

Offline gilet

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »
Complete rubbish.

The bottom line remains.

The Mccanns put socializing above childcare.

So you cannot answer the points made and simply retaliate by calling the post rubbish. I am sure people will be able to draw their own conclusions from that failure on your part.

And of course the bottom line remains that your opinion matters not a jot because it is not the opinion of the Prosecutor in Portugal who had far more access to files and witnesses than you have and who concluded that the McCanns did NOT do as you claim. That there was no case to answer for neglect or abandoning their children and that the McCanns had in place a perfectly sound (even if not perfect) system of regularly checking on the children.

I know whose opinion matters most to me and it is not yours.

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Sadie.

How is it that, according to you, the media have more credibility than the police files as a source for case information?

Offline gilet

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 01:59:05 PM »
How is it that, according to you, the media have more credibility than the police files as a source for case information?

There are so many examples of anti McCanns preferring to believe the media rather than the PJ files.

It does them no credit at all to be seen as naively believing what newspapers tell them.

It makes them look extremely silly in fact.