Author Topic: The Jane Tanner surveillance of Robert Murat episode.  (Read 43166 times)

Offline Angelo222

The Jane Tanner surveillance of Robert Murat episode.
« on: September 02, 2013, 01:49:29 PM »
Mr Murat was put in the frame from day one simply because of the comments made by several members of the tapas group who claimed go have seen him lurking by the resort on the night that Madeleine disappeared.  The poor b....r only wanted to help, he had a daughter back home in Old Blighty and felt some of what the McCanns were feeling for a lost daughter.

It was unfortunate for Murat that his home lay a matter of a few hundred metres in the direction that Bundleman was seen heading by Jane Tanner.  Was it coincidence therefore that Tanner was taken out in a police van secretly in order to view him?

In Mr Amaral's own words...

"Before the search, we want to assure ourselves that Jane Tanner recognises him as the individual she saw on the night of the disappearance."

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/robert-murat-criminal-complaint-against.html

Tanner says she thought it was Murat whom she saw that night carrying Madeleine but later thought better of it and this dubious sighting became a non sighting.  It wasn't Murat, just someone who looked like him.

She just thought it was him at the time??

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:05:23 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

Re: The Jane Tanner surveillance of Robert Murat episode.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:30:52 PM »
In Mr Amaral's own words...

"Before the search, we want to assure ourselves that Jane Tanner recognises him as the individual she saw on the night of the disappearance."

www.joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/robert-murat-criminal-complaint-against.html

You believe Amaral?

Or are you being ironic?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »
To get back to events.  When Robert Murat was effectively 'fingered' by Tanner the scope of the investigation widened.  That net saw the Malinka connection revealed and all that it brought with it.

Undoubtedly Mr Amaral thought he was onto a Russian Mafia child sex ring, something which was well established on the Spanish Costas at that time.

Linked repaired Carana.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:40:29 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 02:40:09 PM »
When Robert Murat was effectively 'fingered' by Tanner ...

No evidence it ever happened.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »
When Robert Murat was effectively 'fingered' by Tanner ...

No evidence it ever happened.

Maybe the undercover observation of Robert Murat by Amaral and Tanner using an unmarked police van never happened either??

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
Maybe the undercover observation of Robert Murat by Amaral and Tanner using an unmarked police van never happened either??

It is recorded (in the files) that an attempt was made to give JT an opportunity to identify the man she saw carrying a child.

It is also recorded that they met Murat en route to the van and chatted to him.

If JT was going to recognise him, it surely would have been at that point.  But there's no evidence she did.

It is recorded in the files that at the crucial moment when Jane was about to make the sighting, a car pulled out and blocked her view.

Offline Carana

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »

Where do you get the idea that Amaral was in the van? I'm not even sure that Bob Small was.

What makes you think that Jane would invent such a story to the UK police, knowing that both police forces could verify whether any such incident had occurred or not?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:44:59 AM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »

Amaral was no where near the van. He was sitting in the police station waiting for result. He also said it was a car, Jane was in. She was on her way to meet Bob Small and the GNR officers.

Amaral also made the bullshit up about Murat taking Jane to court. Did it happen? NO!

If you have to use Morais as a source, then god help us!

And you reckon you have read the statements.  >@@(*&)

So we then carried on and I met Bob SMALL and Russell wrote down the number plate of the car just in case I was taken away.  And, erm, then Bob drove me up to where, erm, the rest of the team were to do the surveillance.   Erm, so I went off in the back of this like refrigerated, well it was pretending to be a refrigerated, erm, van and took it round to the point on the road and obviously, in hindsight now, I realise they were probably calling Robert MURAT to try and get him to walk across, across the top of the road so that, you know, I could see.  But it was a bit odd because there was a car, where we were parked there was a car that moved just at that point that he appeared and then two other people walked by, so I didn’t really, but I didn’t even recognise it as the person I’d been talking to five minutes before, well, you know, half an hour before, so.  Erm, and then, erm, then went, I think because it has gone a bit wrong because this car had been there and then tried to set it up elsewhere, but again I couldn’t really see, I couldn’t really see that well and, you know, it didn’t look, it didn’t jog, jog any memories”.

4078    “Now you are left with that mental image in your head about the man carrying the child”.

Reply    “Umm”.

4078    “And you said, you described his hair quite well.  Having seen MURAT then and obviously in the papers since, could you link the two of those?”

Reply    “I don’t think so.  I mean, I don’t, phew, I don’t, I don’t think it, no, there doesn’t, there’s no, but then the person I see in the paper doesn’t really look like my recollection of the person I met on the way to meet Bob SMALL.  It’s really annoying because normally I would have probably taken more notice but I was so worried about what I was going to do, because I didn’t know at this point at all, I didn’t really take any notice, but I think it was too short and I remember it being, being long into the neck and not so.  Again, I don’t really, when I saw Robert MURAT outside his house he looked quite little to me, but then when you see him on the telly he seems quite bit, so I can’t, again, I don’t think the build, the build was right, I don’t”.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:11:19 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

ferryman

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »
so I didn’t really, but I didn’t even recognise it as the person I’d been talking to five minutes before, well, you know, half an hour before,

That's the key bit, isn't it?

They met a man en route to the van JT was (later) sure was definitely Robert Murat.

But when it came to the "sighting" she didn't even recognise him as the man she was speaking to minutes before ...

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 04:14:05 PM »
To get back to events.  When Robert Murat was effectively 'fingered' by Tanner the scope of the investigation widened.  That net saw the Malinka connection revealed and all that it brought with it.

Undoubtedly Mr Amaral thought he was onto a Russian Mafia child sex ring, something which was well established on the Spanish Costas at that time.

Angelo - what is your source for "When Robert Murat was effectively 'fingered' by Tanner"?   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:47:04 AM by ShiningInLuz »

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »
Are there not strict rules and protocols about the conduct of identity parades and, in particular, that a person suspected by police being lined up alongside others, ruled out in advance, so that the person asked to make the identification can be more certain to have made an accurate identification?

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »
According to AnneGuedes in another thread, this was an illegal identity parade, justified because it was an "emergency" .....
A

Offline sadie

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
Yes, I agree about the media hype and the scramble to print the next fantasy tale, a bit like the one by the Mail and posted by Sadie on the other thread this morning.

And yes, I have read the files at great length.  Murat was put in the frame from day 1 for some reason.  The poor b....r only wanted to help, he had a daughter back home in Old Blighty and felt some of what the McCanns were feeling for a lost daughter.
What's fantasy about a sighting by a sensible woman, a Doctor, Angelo ?

Oh I see it is fantasy like Jane Tanners fantasy, is it? .... Jeez !

Offline sadie

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »
Just another forum myth Angelo ... and encouraged by Amaral.  Pls dont forget that Amaral is a convicted liar.

Can you find anything in the files, Angelo, that says what you are saying? 

Nah!

Offline Albertini

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
It is recorded (in the files) that an attempt was made to give JT an opportunity to identify the man she saw carrying a child.

It is also recorded that they met Murat en route to the van and chatted to him.

If JT was going to recognise him, it surely would have been at that point.  But there's no evidence she did.

It is recorded in the files that at the crucial moment when Jane was about to make the sighting, a car pulled out and blocked her view.

Jane Tanner talking about Robert Murat:

Reply    “You know, or said yeah, had said that he wasn’t there on the night, so you know was immediately, I think it was immediately, I’m not trying to push anything onto Robert MURAT’s door, cos as I say I don’t think it was him that I saw”.
4078    “No”.
Reply    “But I just thought it was”.

At what point in your opinion did Ms Tanner think it was Murat?

By saying she thought it was she is clearly saying at some point she did identify Murat.

When do you think that was?