Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535390 times)

Offline John

in theory  GA can now  counter  sue the  mccans and anyone  online  etc that has slandered/libelled   him  right  ??

Absolutely, this was always on the cards.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

I must say its good to see people power beating the MSM at their own game.

if you are referring to amaral I think you are totally wrong....much of what he has said has been shown to be lies

Offline pegasus

Here is image of last paragraph of the decision
(full portuguese text at  http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/ )
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:51:52 PM by pegasus »

Offline Alice Purjorick

Out of principle, I'm sure they will appeal. Amaral will have to hope his supporters have very deep pockets.
If they have leave to appeal they don't really have a great deal of choice but Sr Amaral will not need much dosh if the McCanns appeal.
He just sits tight and does not even have to turn up in court. He needs a brief to turn up on the day of the appeal just in case.
The cost will be to the McCanns for their brief to enter the grounds for the appeal and appear before the judge(s).
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

Which court is this going to be ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

if you are referring to amaral I think you are totally wrong....much of what he has said has been shown to be lies

If the appeal decision is shown to be as reported, new ground rules will need to be observed in comments about him. As has already been mentioned, he may decide to pursue those posting on the Internet for libel.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline John

Looks like your prediction was wrong?   ?{)(**
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Which court is this going to be ?

The Supreme Court ?
It could be it will come down to dosh. ie can they afford it?
Would you take it on on a conditional fee basis?
I would want a wedge up front the client having just lost the previous round. I would imagine it will need a bit of cute (expensive) legal tap dancing to find grounds for appeal now.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

And just to clarify
"RR apelantes" = GA et al
"AA apelados" = GM et al

Offline carlymichelle

If the appeal decision is shown to be as reported, new ground rules will need to be observed in comments about him. As has already been mentioned, he may decide to pursue those posting on the Internet for libel.

he would be  in his right  to do so wouldnt he?? especally    certian forums and facebook groups

Offline Alice Purjorick

he would be  in his right  to do so wouldnt he?? especally    certian forums and facebook groups

There will be a lot of folk "hull down" having severe bouts of ring twitter if that is true.

Offline Montclair

Where are those who insisted that the lower court judge's decision was watertight and that there was no way that GA as well as the others who appealed could win?

Offline misty

Why?  Libellous posts about the McCanns have been permitted on here ever since I've posted.

Offline misty

Where are those who insisted that the lower court judge's decision was watertight and that there was no way that GA as well as the others who appealed could win?

Let's wait for the translation. Apparently the 3 judges have refuted the evidence provided by the McCann court witnesses. Perhaps Pegasus would elaborate.

Offline G-Unit

Could this have anything to do with the pointless 'Police hope to find Madeleine alive' story? Are we going to see 'McCanns lose libel trial appeal' stories next?  &%+((£
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0