Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535447 times)

Offline carlymichelle

That will  go with the judgement.

GA  has  every right to have it unfrozen i would imagine??

Offline carlymichelle

Appeal court judges reject McCanns' ‘libel win’

Almost a year to the day that former PJ detective Gonçalo Amaral learnt that the parents of missing Madeleine McCann had successfully sued him over his book “The Truth of the Lie”, three appeal court judges have ruled that there is essentially no case to answer.

Ferreira de Almeida, Catarina Manso and Alexandrina Branquinho have unanimously overturned the ruling of a lower court, freeing Amaral from a €500,000 bill for damages and another €106,000 in legal costs.

The McCanns are “almost certain” to appeal - but the fact that the judges were united over their 16-page decision speaks volumes.

For further details, see our printed edition, out on Thursday morning.

http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99

Offline Eleanor

also not  getting the 5 millon pounds or whatever they asked  for  right?

Are you at all aware of what is going on?

Offline carlymichelle

Are you at all aware of what is going on?

yes are you??  loverly  comment in the daily mail uk btw

Offline John

Appeal court judges reject McCanns' ‘libel win’

Almost a year to the day that former PJ detective Gonçalo Amaral learnt that the parents of missing Madeleine McCann had successfully sued him over his book “The Truth of the Lie”, three appeal court judges have ruled that there is essentially no case to answer.

Ferreira de Almeida, Catarina Manso and Alexandrina Branquinho have unanimously overturned the ruling of a lower court, freeing Amaral from a €500,000 bill for damages and another €106,000 in legal costs.

The McCanns are “almost certain” to appeal - but the fact that the judges were united over their 16-page decision speaks volumes.

For further details, see our printed edition, out on Thursday morning.

http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99

I predict the Supreme Court will uphold this decision if asked to rule on it.  Portuguese society holds their right to free speech a long fought for privilege.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline carlymichelle

I predict the Supreme Court will uphold this decision if asked to rule on it.

i would imagine so if they all agreed  with each other

stephen25000

I predict the Supreme Court will uphold this decision if asked to rule on it.

I agree on that, presuming it goes to the Supreme Court.

Maybe this time the mccanns will have to lick their wounds.

Offline carlymichelle

I agree on that, presuming it goes to the Supreme Court.

Maybe this time the mccanns will have to lick their wounds.

also their supporters.......... this isnt over   GA has every right to sue the mcanns and supporters and  newspapers if thats what he  wants to do

stephen25000

also their supporters.......... this isnt over   GA has every right to sue the mcanns and supporters and  newspapers if thats what he  wants to do

Most certainly those who libeled him.

That could well include elements of the UK press.

Offline carlymichelle

Most certainly those who libeled him.

That could well include elements of the UK press.

also australian  newspapers and media and other  countries  because they got the sources  from the uk press

ferryman

I must say its good to see people power beating the MSM at their own game.

People power?

Offline pegasus

What is the deadline by which a supreme court appeal must be filed?

Offline mercury

What is the deadline by which a supreme court appeal must be filed?

Does it matter? Its all over now....if the mccanns have any sense at all they will leave it now and save ther money for "the search"

ferryman

I predict the Supreme Court will uphold this decision if asked to rule on it.  Portuguese society holds their right to free speech a long fought for privilege.

What does "free-speech" have to do with the dissemination of the content of Amaral's book?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:01:56 PM by Admin »

Offline mercury

What does "free-speech" have to do with the dissemination of the content of Amaral's book?

Overly exaggerated,as well as misrepresented, as per norm,the judges have decided, thats it,accept it
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:02:24 PM by Admin »