Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535392 times)

Offline Eleanor

I think as amaral received a suspended sentence for lying we are safe to point this out

Perjury would be better.

Offline Eleanor

Could we have a new 'slag off Amaral' thread in the members section so that Davel and Ferryman and others  can abuse him to their heart's content?

Suck it and see.

Offline jassi

What's wrong with us expressing our opinion on the slagging off the McCanns thread

Is there a specific one ? - then fine by me.  I just thought this particular thread was getting filled up with irrelevant  junk which makes it more difficult for people to catch up,
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

To say whatever he liked.  There are two sides to that coin.

I am of the opinion that some are not interested in the law, they don't even want vengeance they want a reckoning.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

I don't suppose it's crossed anyone's mind that Portugal would rather have ECHR rule on this than have to do it themselves?

It certainly hadn't crossed mine, but now that you have raised the question it is certainly worth thinking about.  Who knows how many internal problems it may solve when one remembers the many active and pending cases going through the Portuguese courts at the moment, the nature of them and the persons accused.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

Only if the lying is a component of the original case and the appeal.
Now it would appear that the courts took all this into account so why are you so pissed off about it?
Is it your money? are you, your friends and family involved?
As no one knows what happened on May 3rd 2007 apart from the perps you seem to be rattled over events you are dreaming up in your own mind.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:10:02 PM by Slartibartfast »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

Only if the lying is a component of the original case and the appeal.
Now it would appear that the courts took all this into account so why are you so pissed off about it?
Is it your money? are you, your friends and family involved?
As no one knows what happened on May 3rd 2007 apart from the perps you seem to be rattled over events you are dreaming up in your own mind.

Well said Alice.  8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

ferryman

None the less he won his appeal.

You acknowledge that he lied, and are interested, only, that he won his appeal.

What's to say?

Offline jassi

You acknowledge that he lied, and are interested, only, that he won his appeal.

What's to say?

That what this thread is about in case you hadn't noticed.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Moderation seems a bit on-sided today as well , but why am I surprised?

You might have to prove that.  But you won't be able to.  Or are you completely incapable of understanding that a Moderator's opinion is not reflected in their Moderating?
Would it be if you were a Moderator?

Offline jassi

Its not what you post as opinion that I'm commenting about, rather what you permit to remain, or not that others post.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

Its not what you post as opinion that I'm commenting about, rather what you permit to remain, or not that others post.

You will have to talk to John about that.  He knows what we all do.

ferryman

That what this thread is about in case you hadn't noticed.

Exploration of why he won his appeal is invited by the topic-title, as is expressions of surprise (that he won his appeal) as well as fleshing out the reasons for that surprise ...

Offline slartibartfast

When Amaral attributed to Harrison the assertion that Harrison had said Madeleine is definitely dead, was Amaral incompetent?

Or did Amaral lie?

When Amaral suggested Harrison hinted Madeleine's own parents (Kate and Gerry) might even be responsible (for Madeleine's death), was Amaral incompetent?

Or did Amaral lie?

All ways up, Amaral made assertions (purporting to be 'truth') that were actually untrue, and that traduced the reputations of Kate and Gerry:

PROVED!

We're you present at every conversation between Amaral and Harrison?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

Exploration of why he won his appeal is invited by the topic-title, as is expressions of surprise (that he won his appeal) as well as fleshing out the reasons for that surprise ...

By introducing claims about insanity and fascism, you mean?

Or maybe not -