Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535360 times)

Offline jassi

Haven't you got the message yet, the book and video are easily accessed on the net.

It's too late for the mccanns.

And the more fuss that is made about it, the more people will attempt to read it - just like this celebrity injunction farce.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

And the more fuss that is made about it, the more people will attempt to read it - just like this celebrity injunction farce.

Precisely.

Offline G-Unit

The mccanns are going to be very disappointed as both the book and video are easily accessible on the net.

..and I feel sure after yesterday even more people will want to see what his thesis was.

Someone might want to tell the mccanns that.

Apparently the case was a popular search on google yesterday; 11th on google trends.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

Didn't someone comment on the futility of an injunction that stops at Hadrian's Wall ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

Would that apply in this case?  Would Scotland require a separate legal  writ  to England ?

Can any of our self proclaimed legal experts  give an opinion?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:38:56 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline mercury

In England no one can get away with writing a book saying X dunit after a full and exhaustive enquiry has conclusively demonstrated that X didn't (do it!)

This (latest) court ruling on Amaral's book tends to suggest that in Portugal, you can.

I think England has the better balance ...

It was not concluded at all, if it was, none of this would be happening

ferryman

It was not concluded at all, if it was, none of this would be happening

It was concluded that the McCanns are innocent.

And a second enquiry was launched because, although the initial enquiry firmly established the innocence of the McCanns, it made little headway in establishing the identity of perpetrator(s) of crime(s) against Madeleine or finding her.

Hence the second enquiry ....

Offline Eleanor

Would that apply in this case?  Would Scotland require a separate legal  writ  to England ?

Are you suggesting that Amaral's book can be published in English, in England?  Find a Publisher.  Ditto Scotland.

Is this censorship?  That might be an interesting question.

Offline mercury

Scotland has its own legal system, separate from england and wales, not sure of the ins and outs though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-36071568

Offline mercury

And a second enquiry was launched because, although the initial enquiry firmly established the innocence of the McCanns, it made little headway in establishing the identity of perpetrator(s) of crime(s) against Madeleine or finding her.

No FM, things are not as you portray them

ferryman

Are you suggesting that Amaral's book can be published in English, in England?  Find a Publisher.  Ditto Scotland.

Is this censorship?  That might be an interesting question.

Amaral would be free to publish in England; the McCanns, free to sue.

I imagine the same would be true in Scotland (which has separate legislature from England).

stephen25000

Innocent of what ferryman ?

The first investigation was shelved due to the lack of evidence.

The crime is unknown.

Stop trying to twist the truth.

ferryman

No FM, things are not as you portray them

I have portrayed it exactly as it is.

stephen25000

No you haven't.

Offline mercury

You have not. You seldom do on contentious issues,