Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535335 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1080 on: April 22, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
As a reminder Eleanor, the mccanns failed to prove many of the claims they made.

Have you forgotten ?

So, No Opinion, then.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1081 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »
I'm afraid you have completely misunderstood, just as people did when giving their opinions on the appeal. Montclair seems to have had the most accurate view on that.

Taken from;
Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.

OxfordBloo;  I cannot see what his grounds for appeal could possibly be.

Montclair;    I have read the judge's decision, thank you very much. Her decision is her decision and there is no reason why it cannot be overturned. Her arguments are more or less the same as the ones used by the judge in February 2010 and that ruling was overturned by the Tribunal de Relação.

I'd forgotten about that short-lived 'expert' on Portuguese law.   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1082 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »
Amaral seeking damages 'his good name has been called into question'    he was an 'arguido' at the time he was co-ordinator.    I think his 'good name' had already been called into question.

Anyway,    the same goes for him doesn't it,   it was no one else's fault but his own that he messed up the case and got thrown off it.

He was the case coordinator.

He did not mess up the case.

He was removed from the case after he complained of interference.

Try sticking to the facts.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1083 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
Actions speak louder than words.

"Police said they had also investigated more than 60 persons of interest.
A total of 650 sex offenders have also been considered as well as reports of 8,685 potential sightings of Madeleine around the world.

Operation Grange, which was launched in 2011, will continue but will have the number of full time officers working on the case reduced from 29 to just four.
Detectives have taken 1,338 statements and collected 1,027 exhibits, but a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “While there remain lines of inquiry to follow, the vast majority of the work by Operation Grange has been completed.”

Obviously they are going to reduce the officers working on the case if the bulk of the investigation has been completed,  such as going through the files and following up statements etc.

They are now down to a dedicated four who are following their main lines of investigation.

stephen25000

« Reply #1084 on: April 22, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
So, No Opinion, then.

You could not be more wrong.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1085 on: April 22, 2016, 10:25:10 AM »
Obviously they are going to reduce the officers working on the case if the bulk of the investigation has been completed,  such as going through the files and following up statements etc.

They are now down to a dedicated four who are following their main lines of investigation.

Yeah, yeah, if you say so.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1086 on: April 22, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
I'd forgotten about that short-lived 'expert' on Portuguese law.   @)(++(*

He was always de-bunking off, one way or the other. 8)--))

Offline Lace

« Reply #1087 on: April 22, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »
He was the case coordinator.

He did not mess up the case.

He was removed from the case after he complained of interference.

Try sticking to the facts.

He didn't have 5a secured as a crime scene,   he didn't immediately get road blocks,  he didn't understand the forensic results  and then didn't like it when people told him to investigate other lines,   he got very annoyed about that,  as he couldn't have anyone telling him he could be wrong.

stephen25000

« Reply #1088 on: April 22, 2016, 10:28:04 AM »
Yes,  SY are searching thank god,  no thanks to Amaral.

Really ?

So which members of the team of 4 are in Portugal searching ?

After all, kate mccann says she thinks that's where Madeleine is, and who are we to doubt her word. 8(0(*

Offline Lace

« Reply #1089 on: April 22, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »
Yeah, yeah, if you say so.

I don't say so,  SY do.

stephen25000

« Reply #1090 on: April 22, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
He didn't have 5a secured as a crime scene,   he didn't immediately get road blocks,  he didn't understand the forensic results  and then didn't like it when people told him to investigate other lines,   he got very annoyed about that,  as he couldn't have anyone telling him he could be wrong.

So 1 man has all that power, amazing.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1091 on: April 22, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »

That crime scene was tampered with before the the GNR arrived nevermind the PJ. And who took ages to call the police?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1092 on: April 22, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
He was always de-bunking off, one way or the other. 8)--))

He joined another forum after he stamped out of here, but he lasted no time at all on there. I did wonder when the appeal verdict came out if he was going to return and give us his expert opinions once again.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #1093 on: April 22, 2016, 10:32:49 AM »

No,  that's why he was thrown off the case.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1094 on: April 22, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »

it would have helped  too if the mcanns had looked after their  kids