Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535443 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1485 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »
You are assuming she is alive which I severely doubt.  Even dead she needs to be found and given a proper burial.

Agreed, Angelo.

There can be no closure for Madeleine's family until there is definitive proof of what happened to her one way or another.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #1486 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
Why don't we ask the judge who ruled in favour of the McCanns?

28. (Items 27 & 28) It is proved that the facts in the book and in the documentary, concerning the investigation, are mostly facts that took place in the investigation and are documented as such.

Although;28. The Judge does note that some of the facts in the book are not complete, and some facts that are in the book are not in the case files, including Jane Tanner's alleged "informal" recognition of Robert Murat.

He knew things which didn't end up being documented in the files, it seems. That is perfectly possible.

Anne Guide's spin ....

Probably more like proved (that Amaral wrote these things in his book).

Comparison (of the content of Amaral's book) with the content of the files demonstrates precisely the factual discrepancies (one with another) I highlight.

What are thoughts on whether Amaral lied or was incompetent.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1487 on: April 23, 2016, 11:40:02 AM »
The truth is neither you or I or Amaral know the truth.

So why portray it as the truth?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1488 on: April 23, 2016, 11:41:05 AM »
FACTS they are not facts though are they?   Nothing was proven otherwise the McCann's would have been arrested and  charged.

No, they would have been arrested and charged if there was any physical evidence of an abduction or other theory- they were suspected,and questioned as I would expect as they claim to be the last KNOWN persons to have seen their daughter alive.

1  when Kate was with her 'angels' before bedtime
2 when Gerry saw his daughter 'sleeping'- on his last visit.

The last independent sighting of young Maddie was hours earlier...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1489 on: April 23, 2016, 11:41:16 AM »
I consider that Amaral's influence over the public view is inflated out of all proportion by those who don't like what he says.

I can't see a confession from the person responsible, unless a deathebed confession, but others close to that person might be subsequently wracked with guilt.

Indeed.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #1490 on: April 23, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »
Yes,  I've written one myself,  and?

Have you seen gerry mccanns thesis  8((()*/

Offline Lace

« Reply #1491 on: April 23, 2016, 11:42:59 AM »
No, they would have been arrested and charged if there was any physical evidence of an abduction or other theory- they were suspected,and questioned as I would expect as they claim to be the last KNOWN persons to have seen their daughter alive.

1  when Kate was with her 'angels' before bedtime
2 when Gerry saw his daughter 'sleeping'- on his last visit.

The last independent sighting of young Maddie was hours earlier...

No proof no facts.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1492 on: April 23, 2016, 11:43:29 AM »
Have you seen gerry mccanns thesis  8((()*/

What are you talking about?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1493 on: April 23, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »
It really has nothing to do with a missing child, or indeed any other crime.
It is the application of law according to that country. The fact that the application is different to UK is irrelevant - the Court sits in Portugal.
A similar trial set in USA may well have a given a different result to that expected by a UK citizen

The quote is not mine ... it is a quote from the learned judges in explanation of their ruling on Goncalo Amaral's behalf.

It matters not what jurisdiction one would bring such a case to ... there are no guarantees as to outcome ... but in this case very interesting as to the reasoning behind how this particular one was reached.

The interpretation which has been put on the McCann's media appearances by the appeal court judges says rather a lot about them and the thought processes which enabled them to reach their lawful decision.

As we can see ... it is not Holy Writ ... it is their interpretation.

I haven't had time to read any further than that ... but it does give a flavour of things to come.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1494 on: April 23, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »
Oh Please, Dr Amaral, SIR, please, please do stop accusing us of killing our daughter, disposing of her remains and launching a fraudulent 'fund' in our (dead) daughter's name.

Please, please, PRETTY please

Is that how you think they should have gone about it?

If you had been similarly accused, is that how you would have gone about it?
Kindly provide a cite as to Amaral accusing the McCanns of killing Madeleine or stop with this particular theme.

Unless my memory is ****, Amaral's theory revolves around Madeleine falling off the sofa and suffering accidental death.

Accidental death is not the same as killing.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1495 on: April 23, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »
The quote is not mine ... it is a quote from the learned judges in explanation of their ruling on Goncalo Amaral's behalf.

It matters not what jurisdiction one would bring such a case to ... there are no guarantees as to outcome ... but in this case very interesting as to the reasoning behind how this particular one was reached.

The interpretation which has been put on the McCann's media appearances by the appeal court judges says rather a lot about them and the thought processes which enabled them to reach their lawful decision.

As we can see ... it is not Holy Writ ... it is their interpretation.

I haven't had time to read any further than that ... but it does give a flavour of things to come.

The same principle in two different trials. That should give a clue which way this is likely to go.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1496 on: April 23, 2016, 11:56:41 AM »
Kindly provide a cite as to Amaral accusing the McCanns of killing Madeleine or stop with this particular theme.

Unless my memory is ****, Amaral's theory revolves around Madeleine falling off the sofa and suffering accidental death.

Accidental death is not the same as killing.

GA has never  said the  mcanns  killed  maddie imo  ferryman saying he   did  say that is  against the forum rules     GA has  said he will sue people/forums now   and he is right to do so imo

stephen25000

« Reply #1497 on: April 23, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »
What are you talking about?

His abduction thesis of course.

With nae evidence to back it up.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1498 on: April 23, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
His abduction thesis of course.

With nae evidence to back it up.

Taken by a paedophile gang, wasn't it?  - Of which OG have found no trace, I believe.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1499 on: April 23, 2016, 12:01:29 PM »
No proof no facts.

or evidence supporting the parents 'innocence' ...stale mate! The parents  told a story,there is nothing to back up their claim about abduction.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin