Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535957 times)

Offline Mr Gray

IMO, they were seeking revenge and money from a man who was doing his job, just as any other copper would have done.

Have they pursued any other copper with the same views ?

in your opinion...in your opinion
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:45:43 AM by John »

stephen25000

in your opinion...in your opinion

'He deserves to be miserable and feel fear'  Kate Mccanns own words.

As to pursuing money, FACT.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:45:56 AM by John »

Offline Benice

I have changed the word frame to blame and removed the word false since to frame someone requires the introduction of false evidence, in addition it is not known yet what is false and what is fact. The Portuguese were entitled to pursue the McCanns and Murat and designate them arguidos on the basis of the evidence before them.  That is procedure in the real world.

The claim that the dogs proved that someone must have died in 5A is false evidence  according to the experts.   His book is littered with false evidence - which has  been discussed on here recently and shown to be false by comparing them with the files.

e.g. Madeleine did not speak to her parents on the morning of 2nd May which was the morning after Mrs Fenn heard a child crying  - it was the day after that  - the 3rd May. 

A great deal of time is spent on her by people endeavouring to prove the McCanns lied.   I don't see why the same cannot be applied to Amaral - as long as  it can be backed up.

Anyway - must go out now.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

The claim that the dogs proved that someone must have died in 5A is false evidence  according to the experts.   His book is littered with false evidence - which has  been discussed on here recently and shown to be false by comparing them with the files.

e.g. Madeleine did not speak to her parents on the morning of 2nd May which was the morning after Mrs Fenn heard a child crying  - it was the day after that  - the 3rd May. 

A great deal of time is spent on her by people endeavouring to prove the McCanns lied.   I don't see why the same cannot be applied to Amaral - as long as  it can be backed up.

The claim has neither been proved or disproved Benice.

You need to remember, SY had no problems in deploying dogs themselves in Portugal, and it is not hard to surmise what they were looking for.

Redwood himself, admitted, Madeline may have not left the apartment alive.

Offline Jean-Pierre

IMO, they were seeking revenge and money from a man who was doing his job, just as any other copper would have done.

Have they pursued any other copper with the same views ?

Really Stephen?  Did they sue Amaral for actions taken while he was employed by the PJ?  And while he was doing his job as coordinator of the case? 

Sorry, I must have missed that - perhaps you would be kind enough to explain. 

stephen25000

Really Stephen?  Did they sue Amaral for actions taken while he was employed by the PJ?  And while he was doing his job as coordinator of the case? 

Sorry, I must have missed that - perhaps you would be kind enough to explain.

As a result of jp.

Now tell me, if they had ignored his book, which would have disappeared into obscurity but for the mccanns actions, court action would never have been necessary.

Other published books have also accused the mccanns as well.

Have the mccanns pursued these people through the courts ?

Offline John

The Portuguese Police were entitled to form an opinion and pursue enquires based on all the evidence available to them much of which is not in the public domain.  People make the mistake of believing that the inquiry was based entirely on the released files, that is a fallacy. One cannot second guess Amaral without knowing all the facts.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

The McCanns (from the point of imposition of their arguido status) were murder suspects, as the culmination to a murder enquiry.

It's all in the report.

I don't know why you continue to infer this ferryman, the McCanns have never been suspects in any murder.  The arguido status was imposed because the Portuguese police and AG suspected them of covering up an accidental death and concealing a cadaver.  Harrison's brief related specifically to intruder abduction and murder.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Jean-Pierre

As a result of jp.

Now tell me, if they had ignored his book, which would have disappeared into obscurity but for the mccanns actions, court action would never have been necessary.

Other published books have also accused the mccanns as well.

Have the mccanns pursued these people through the courts ?

So they didn't "seek revenge and money from a man who was doing his job, just as any other copper would have done" then. 

They sued him because he wrote a book accusing them of being criminals. 

It is important to at try to get your facts straight. 

Offline Mr Gray

The Portuguese Police were entitled to form an opinion and pursue enquires based on all the evidence available to them much of which is not in the public domain.  People make the mistake of believing that the inquiry was based entirely on the released files, that is a fallacy. One cannot second guess Amaral without knowing all the facts.

it is clear on the same evidence SY do not consider parents suspects...your claim that there is more evidence is pure speculation

Offline John

Post removed

When you invite a police officer to investigate something you don't define rigid boundaries.  Harrison was free to make his own mind up and come to his own conclusions which in the end he did do.  The whole idea that Harrison was invited to Portugal to investigate Madeleine's disappearance only on Portuguese terms is ridiculous.

One of the scenarios espoused by him was that Madeleine was abducted, murdered and dumped at sea.

To repeat, the McCanns were designated arguidos on the basis that they were being interviewed in relation to covering up an accidental death and concealing a cadaver.  In the end however the police found no evidence to support their suspicions, the Madeleine McCann case remains as much unresolved as it was in 2007.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:19:49 PM by John »

Offline John

it is clear on the same evidence SY do not consider parents suspects...your claim that there is more evidence is pure speculation

Certainly isn't speculation, it is based on my professional experience over many years.  Amaral will have seen and heard many things which framed his and his colleagues views on the suspects, the juicy bits in his book are there merely to create impact and stimulate debate.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:29:57 PM by John »

stephen25000

So they didn't "seek revenge and money from a man who was doing his job, just as any other copper would have done" then. 

They sued him because he wrote a book accusing them of being criminals. 

It is important to at try to get your facts straight.

He had a thesis,  neither proved or disproved.

As I said the mccanns have given publicity to a book which would have disappeared into obscurity otherwise.

So why haven't the mccanns sued writers of other books who have accused the mccanns of nefarious deeds ?

Offline Mr Gray

Certainly isn't speculation, it is based on my professional experience over many years.  Amaral will have seen and heard many things which framed his and his colleagues views on the suspects, the juicy bits in his book are there merely to create impact.

we know what framed his opinions...the dog alerts and his misunderstanding of the dna evidence..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:30:37 PM by John »

Offline John

we know what framed his opinions...the dog alerts and his misunderstanding of the dna evidence..

And nobody has proven the dogs wrong yet.