Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844120 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1440 on: July 27, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
@)(++(*

good one B
nice to have a bit of humour sometimes in this depressing board

Ty mercury.      I'm sorry you find the board depressing - I think it's a fantastic forum - as it's the only one I know of where (thanks to the mods)  both 'sides' can debate their very different opinions with one-another.       

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline mercury

« Reply #1441 on: July 27, 2015, 09:28:01 AM »
Ty mercury.      I'm sorry you find the board depressing - I think it's a fantastic forum - as it's the only one I know of where (thanks to the mods)  both 'sides' can debate their very different opinions with one-another.     

depressing as in the subject matter

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1442 on: July 27, 2015, 09:32:51 AM »
Lorraine Kelly , Kate Garraway and Fiona Phillips from GMTV has said "we've all done it" then qualified it with " I wouldn't personally" do it
Most people remember this,not  my problem if you don't or wish to accuse me of "making it up"

PS If I have time I will try and fish videos out from youtube IF they still exist

so you cannot supply an exact quote

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1443 on: July 27, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »
No, the point is you can't have proof if proof isn't possible, with remnant scent on it's own,doesn't mean the cadaver dog alert "means nothng"

I said that that the existence of remnant scent cannot be proven

Offline mercury

« Reply #1444 on: July 27, 2015, 09:36:06 AM »
Not at the mo so was "obviously making it up"... just for fun

Offline mercury

« Reply #1445 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:03 AM »
I said that that the existence of remnant scent cannot be proven

No it was me who said that, your mantra is the dog alerts mean nothing

Offline Benice

« Reply #1446 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:47 AM »
depressing as in the subject matter

Oh right.  OK.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #1447 on: July 27, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »

So dave, how many people have done what the mccanns did ?

I give credit to Eleanor for admitting to doing it.

One of my students parents left their young son in a hotel room which was unlocked in Tenarife about 15 years ago. He got out (he was 3 years old at the time). The rest of the family were out to dinner, but fortunately for them, other people recognized their son and brought him back after he was wondering down a local road. They were lucky.

stephen25000

« Reply #1448 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »
your usual ad hominem attack

Can you back up all the claims you have made ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #1449 on: July 27, 2015, 09:41:35 AM »
So dave, how many people have done what the mccanns did ?

I give credit to Eleanor for admitting to doing it.

One of my students parents left their young son in a hotel room which was unlocked in Tenarife about 15 years ago. He got out (he was 3 years old at the time). The rest of the family were out to dinner, but fortunately for them, other people recognized their son and brought him back after he was wondering down a local road. They were lucky.

What's that got to do with 'Amaral and the dogs'?    Another opportunity for you to repeat the 'left the children' AGAIN Stephen.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1450 on: July 27, 2015, 09:45:07 AM »
In my opinion,   Eddie smelt an aroma  that could have been from anything left on the floor after one of the people who stayed there after the McCann's.     Eddie was called back so many times in my opinion he barked at the smell because he wanted to end the exercise.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1451 on: July 27, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
In my opinion,   Eddie smelt an aroma  that could have been from anything left on the floor after one of the people who stayed there after the McCann's.     Eddie was called back so many times in my opinion he barked at the smell because he wanted to end the exercise.
So you think the dog got fed up, and just wanted his tennis ball or biscuit quick, and alerted to "anythng" on the floor, maybe it was a sweaty flip flop? from a later holiday maker, but no chance the possibility of the Mccanns child, interesting sort of blanket denial

@)(++(*

@ Benice no problems, I did say before, but got deleted

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1452 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »
What's that got to do with 'Amaral and the dogs'?    Another opportunity for you to repeat the 'left the children' AGAIN Stephen.
well they did didnt they??

stephen25000

« Reply #1453 on: July 27, 2015, 10:00:17 AM »

Have you researched that ?

ferryman

« Reply #1454 on: July 27, 2015, 10:11:45 AM »
The whole question of dog-alerts is just too fraught with unanswered questions:

Why could Eddie detect no scent on clothing in the villa he (apparently!) could (exactly the same clothing!) in the gym?

Was cuddle-cat an error of commission?

Or an error of omission?

Why were the 'inspections' of all other holiday apartments whistle-stop; yet the inspection of apartment 5a long-drawn out and protracted?

Why did Mark Harrison, in his report, expressly disavow UK involvement in those inspections he had nothing to do with (the places Madeleine never lived in or went near).

And so on ....