Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844098 times)

stephen25000

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3510 on: August 23, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
What forensic results? 

It isn't possible to define what is in a death scent.  It could be Pig Scent from the garden.

Are you saying that the scent molecules remain stationary in the air ?

Obviously they wouldn't.

They would be coming from a source and if therw was a pig residue it would have shown up from the samples collected.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3511 on: August 23, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »

Obviously they wouldn't.

They would be coming from a source and if therw was a pig residue it would have shown up from the samples collected.

What samples?

Lyall

« Reply #3512 on: August 23, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »
I just had a thought,   Grime says Eddie wouldn't alert to any edible pig products, such as pork,  pork chop,  bacon etc.    He used piglets not fit for human consumption,  by that I think he means they were decomposing piglets.  Yet he took a piece of pork drenched it in petrol,  burnt it, hid it,  and Eddie alerted to it.   Surely if you took say a pork chop drenched it in petrol, burnt it, hid it,  Eddie would alert to that too, it's all pork at the end of the day and I would think burnt pork would give off the same scent no matter what shape of food it started off in,  wouldn't it?

&%&£(+

A pork chop is not decomposed, and neither is it the whole animal. Dogs are trained on decomposing whole animals (pigs).

stephen25000

« Reply #3513 on: August 23, 2015, 05:58:45 PM »
I just had a thought,   Grime says Eddie wouldn't alert to any edible pig products, such as pork,  pork chop,  bacon etc.    He used piglets not fit for human consumption,  by that I think he means they were decomposing piglets.  Yet he took a piece of pork drenched it in petrol,  burnt it, hid it,  and Eddie alerted to it.   Surely if you took say a pork chop drenched it in petrol, burnt it, hid it,  Eddie would alert to that too, it's all pork at the end of the day and I would think burnt pork would give off the same scent no matter what shape of food it started off in,  wouldn't it?

So in the burnt sample there was something to detect.

Now what did the forensics show ???

stephen25000

« Reply #3514 on: August 23, 2015, 05:59:38 PM »
What samples?

What do you think the FSS were analysing ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3515 on: August 23, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »
Trouble is all a wrong bleep says is you have failed to find the metal.
So? 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3516 on: August 23, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »
What do you think the FSS were analysing ?

Human Blood.  None of it Madeleines.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3517 on: August 23, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »

Obviously they wouldn't.

of course scent molecules do not remain stationary in the air...they would disperse in wind and rain....so how many molecules would remain for the dog to detect...ask Avogadro...I reckon it would be none...but it is nearly 50 years since I studied my science s levels...so I just may have forgotten a little

stephen25000

« Reply #3518 on: August 23, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »
Human Blood.  None of it Madeleines.

Can you provide the link to that please ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #3519 on: August 23, 2015, 06:07:50 PM »
So in the burnt sample there was something to detect.

Now what did the forensics show ???

What are you on about Stephen?    Grime just showed how Eddie would detect a piece of pork that had been burnt, whilst training Eddie,  I don't think forensics would have been involved as it was a piece of pork Grime had required not from a murdered pig.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3520 on: August 23, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »
&%&£(+

A pork chop is not decomposed, and neither is it the whole animal. Dogs are trained on decomposing whole animals (pigs).

Right got it     8((()*/    but it would still contain blood?

stephen25000

« Reply #3521 on: August 23, 2015, 06:09:22 PM »
of course scent molecules do not remain stationary in the air...they would disperse in wind and rain....so how many molecules would remain for the dog to detect...ask Avogadro...I reckon it would be none...but it is nearly 50 years since I studied my science s levels...so I just may have forgotten a little

That's not in 'S' levels dave.

Moles and Avogadro's Constant are taught in G.C.S.E. these days, and 'O' Levels when I learned it.

Offline Benice

« Reply #3522 on: August 23, 2015, 06:10:28 PM »
The curtain was sent to the FSS because Keela reacted. 

No blood was found by the FSS.

Signalling error by Keela

Is that the white curtain - the same curtain which Keela did not alert to on the first visit?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #3523 on: August 23, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
What are you on about Stephen?    Grime just showed how Eddie would detect a piece of pork that had been burnt, whilst training Eddie,  I don't think forensics would have been involved as it was a piece of pork Grime had required not from a murdered pig.

If there was any pig residue in the samples, it would have shown up in the forensics results.

What part of that don't you get exactly ?

ferryman

« Reply #3524 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »

In training the dog has accurately alerted to a 1 cm cube of pork soaked in

petrol for 1 week and then burnt until only a residue remains.

(Martin Grime)