Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411080 times)

Offline lordpookles

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 04:31:41 PM »
The gate was unbolted sure, but psychologically you are within the confines of what I assume you regard as your haven. The two scenarios, your house and an unlocked apartment within a resort with free access to the general public seems very different to me....

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:27 PM »
On a related topic I don't know if you have seen gone girl but I thought they conveyed the way the media shapes public perception in cases like this very well.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:22 PM »
Of course but you think I would care about that if I have a missing child? Least of my concerns...

Strange … you think that breaking down a door, causing fear and alarm to those inside would progress the search for a missing child?  The police can’t do it without either a warrant or just cause, why do you think it acceptable a vigilante should?

I should also point out ... it would be difficult to search for anyone from a prison cell.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:22:21 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
On a related topic I don't know if you have seen gone girl but I thought they conveyed the way the media shapes public perception in cases like this very well.
I've seen it now.  I loved the way they portrayed the TV Criminal profiler, it made me think of Pat Brown.  I wonder what she thinks?  @)(++(*

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
Strange … you think that breaking down a door, causing fear and alarm to those inside would progress the search for a missing child?  The police can’t do it without either a warrant or just cause, why do you think it acceptable a vigilante should?

I should also point it ... it would be difficult to search for anyone from a prison cell.
I can't think of any examples of mothers / fathers of high profile missing persons breaking down doors, can you?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »
Ok. I have read some of the files and I know they didn't call home till much later and yes there may be some variance in regard to peoples reactions in extreme situations. What I'm actually trying to drive at is I think their behaviour as a whole is odd and not what one would expect. Whether this is purely a false distorted perception created through the media or is real is difficult to tell. Still we are discussing this case and to comment on their behaviour in many scenarios so far seems appropriate...

Good Lord ... is there a manual they should have read on how they should modify their behaviour to suit the casual observer when their much loved daughter was abducted?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 05:40:29 PM »
I can't think of any examples of mothers / fathers of high profile missing persons breaking down doors, can you?

I'm not even sure I have ever heard of the parents taking part in the searches once it has been established a child is missing. In fact, I believe it is discouraged.

There are good reasons for that; one of which is, there may be parental involvement and s/he may take the opportunity to interfere with or contaminate evidence. 

Another involves the crime scene; should a parent find the body of a child s/he may ruin DNA or other trace evidence left by a perpetrator by clasping the body or disturbing the immediate area.

In the immediate aftermath of a disappearance … the parents have to be available to answer any questions the police who are coordinating the searches may need to ask them.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
I'm not even sure I have ever heard of the parents taking part in the searches once it has been established a child is missing. In fact, I believe it is discouraged.

There are good reasons for that; one of which is, there may be parental involvement and s/he may take the opportunity to interfere with or contaminate evidence. 

Another involves the crime scene; should a parent find the body of a child s/he may ruin DNA or other trace evidence left by a perpetrator by clasping the body or disturbing the immediate area.

In the immediate aftermath of a disappearance … the parents have to be available to answer any questions the police who are coordinating the searches may need to ask them.
A third reason is to protect the parents from the trauma of happening upon the remains of their loved one.  It doesn't bear thinking about tbh.

ferryman

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
A third reason is to protect the parents from the trauma of happening upon the remains of their loved one.  It doesn't bear thinking about tbh.

It (the practice of loved-ones searching for the possible remains! of a loved-one) is discouraged in England.

The Ocean Club protocol was clearly well-developed and I'm sure would have embraced that concept ...

stephen25000

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
Basically, they had a little stroll on the beach the following morning, and that was that. 8(0(*

Offline Benice

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 10:16:16 PM »
Basically, they had a little stroll on the beach the following morning, and that was that. 8(0(*

Another spiteful myth.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:47 PM »

Oh, Stephen.  How can you be so unkind?

Offline Poppy123

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 10:48:30 PM »

Despicable but totally predictable.

stephen25000

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 06:51:20 AM »

Another spiteful myth.

When did they go physically searching after that ?

Let's not forget the hundreds of people who searched that night and for several successive days after Madeleine's disappearance.

The mccanns did other things, AND they are well known, but unless someone can provide  evidence/proof to the contrary, but it didn't include searching.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:58:21 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 07:29:33 AM »
[ moderated ]

I lost my daughter years ago. Stupidly my husband forgot to lock our front door, and i had only left her minutes. I was outside running like a mad women crying and my heart was in my mouth, but i found her strolling a long the bush path looking at flowers.

If I hadnt found her i would have rang the police, and I know they would have asked me to stay in the house incase she came back and I was needed. What good would I do i was a mess on the point of collapse.

We all deal with things differently. There were searches lots of them. I cant comment on anything else about running etc, because my way of coping and dealing with bad things is to clean, and clean and clean.....we all have coping mechanisms.

Oh dear i suppose i will be accused again of being a fraud hey ho lol. (But i dont believe she was moved at 10pm).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:45:11 PM by John »