Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414529 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #930 on: July 13, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
No-one checked that the window lock button was pressed (Source: statements in files).
With it not pressed, window and shutter can be opened from outside without force in 24 secs (Source: Heriberto video).
"the facts occurred on the day 3 of May of 2007, in a time period, understood to be between 21H05 and 22H00" (Source: Intro of Final Report).
The opening of window and shutter from outside is indeed likely to have occurred within that time period.
However as I have demonstrated (by working it through step by step) the opening is likely to have resulted in the opener leaving without entering and the child going into another room.
The actual physical disappearance from the premises I think is temporally a seperate event and is likely to be considerably outside the bounds of that time period stated in the Intro of the Final Report.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:08:19 PM by pegasus »

Offline John

« Reply #931 on: July 16, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
Madeleine_McCann could have been abducted in less than a minute!
by Heriberto Janosch González

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:23:07 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #932 on: July 16, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
As Heriberto does point out on his site -
the first and second of the three initial shutter raisings in his video are unnecessary.

The complete procedure to open the shutter and window in the video
starts at 14 secs
and ends at 38 secs.

It takes Heriberto only 24 seconds to get from fully closed window and shutter, to fully open.
I think a real burglar would do it in about 15 seconds.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:38:41 PM by pegasus »

Offline John

« Reply #933 on: July 17, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »
As Heriberto does point out on his site -
the first and second of the three initial shutter raisings in his video are unnecessary.

The complete procedure to open the shutter and window in the video
starts at 14 secs
and ends at 38 secs.

It takes Heriberto only 24 seconds to get from fully closed window and shutter, to fully open.
I think a real burglar would do it in about 15 seconds.

I would hazard a bet that the intruder had tried this particular shutter previously in order to ascertain that it was easily lifted.  Some of the older shutters have a tendency to jam when lifted from the outside and can only be raised a few inches.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #934 on: July 18, 2014, 01:43:32 AM »
I would hazard a bet that the intruder had tried this particular shutter previously in order to ascertain that it was easily lifted.  Some of the older shutters have a tendency to jam when lifted from the outside and can only be raised a few inches.
Not necessarily the 5A shutter, but yes, he would almost certainly have on previous dates done same with some other windows/shutters of block 5 and surrounding blocks.
In the earlier attempted burglary at the 5G (Fenn) apartment, it is highly likely the perp entered through the window which the witness reported had been opened..
Using Heriberto's simple 3-stage method.
And before anyone says - oh that is impossible because it was an upstairs apartment he would have to climb to do that - here is the easy solution.
The entry point at 5G is likely to be the window which opens onto the publically accessible first-floor walkway.
So that window to a burglar is as easy as a groundfloor window

Offline Brietta

« Reply #935 on: July 18, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »
Not necessarily the 5A shutter, but yes, he would almost certainly have on previous dates done same with some other windows/shutters of block 5 and surrounding blocks.
In the earlier attempted burglary at the 5G (Fenn) apartment, it is highly likely the perp entered through the window which the witness reported had been opened..
Using Heriberto's simple 3-stage method.
And before anyone says - oh that is impossible because it was an upstairs apartment he would have to climb to do that - here is the easy solution.
The entry point at 5G is likely to be the window which opens onto the publically accessible first-floor walkway.
So that window to a burglar is as easy as a groundfloor window

I think the following may be proof that little time is required to raise the shutter of the apartment; any subsequent noise either being ignored or unheard; and the person/s carrying out the procedure being able to do so unobserved.

- Snipped -

- Back at 5A of the Ocean Club, on 26 September someone forced up the external blinds of the front bedroom to an oblique angle. There appeared to be no attempt to force open the window. The security guard stated between 21:00 and 21:05 he had done the 'rounds' of the block, then walked down to the supermarket and back again whereupon he found the damage which he called in immediately.

- He and a colleague from the same security detail had conversed shortly before 21:00 noting that neither had seen any strangers other than two Canadian television journalists, a man and a woman, who had been seen at a nearby bar.

- Given the limited damage and that there had been many people at that location [presumably during the previous days and all authorised] there was no attempt to retrieve fingerprints, but inquiries were made of TV crews and journalists in and around Luz and Lagos, without result.
Processos Vol XI Pages 2945 – 2952
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DCCB_LETTER.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #936 on: July 18, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »
So they employed security guards after the alleged abduction.  Talk about closing the barn door after the horse had bolted.  Quite something!

Offline jassi

« Reply #937 on: July 18, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
So they employed security guards after the alleged abduction.  Talk about closing the barn door after the horse had bolted.  Quite something!

Would you not be criticising them if they had ignored the lesson to be learned and had not employed guards?

Their earlier risk assessment had proved  wrong and they modified it accordingly. Good business practice.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Admin

« Reply #938 on: July 19, 2014, 07:08:26 AM »
I believe the point being made was that Ocean Club should have had security in place already given the number of intruders reported by guests and owners. It was in effect a disaster waiting to happen.

Offline jassi

« Reply #939 on: July 19, 2014, 08:28:13 AM »
I believe the point being made was that Ocean Club should have had security in place already given the number of intruders reported by guests and owners. It was in effect a disaster waiting to happen.

Its easy to be wise after the event.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #940 on: July 19, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »

The upgrade of the street lighting indicates that they took this on board too.
Even if part of a general civic revamp, I'll bet it was speeded up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:32:31 PM by Admin »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #941 on: September 01, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
Clarence Mitchell

"I'm not going into the detail, but I can say that Kate and Gerry are firmly of the view that somebody got into the apartment and took Madeleine out the window as their means of escape, and to do that they did not necessarily have to tamper with anything. They got out of the window fairly easily."
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #942 on: September 01, 2014, 01:34:44 PM »

Prof David Barclay, one of Britain's top forensic consultants said: "I think it's impossible for somebody to get in and out, through that window without leaving a forensic trace. Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that."

Offline Brietta

« Reply #943 on: September 01, 2014, 01:40:38 PM »
Prof David Barclay, one of Britain's top forensic consultants said: "I think it's impossible for somebody to get in and out, through that window without leaving a forensic trace. Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that."

Oh dearie me ... the window ledge of 5a WAS NOT "covered with green lichen" ... just another forum myth.  Why do you keep on repeating them?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #944 on: September 01, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »
Oh dearie me ... the window ledge of 5a WAS NOT "covered with green lichen" ... just another forum myth.  Why do you keep on repeating them?

That's what Barclay said, blame him.

He's right though, the window was opened from the inside & nobody climbed out of it.