Author Topic: Mark Redwine v 16 cadaver dogs  (Read 61792 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Mark Redwine v 16 cadaver dogs
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 09:43:45 PM »
Oh Davel we finally agree on something!

Note: “The dog has also been trained to identify cadaver scent contamination where there is no physically retrievable evidence, due to scent adhering to pervious material such as carpet or the upholstery in motor vehicles”

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2019, 09:45:04 PM »
I've only read the extract which imo isn't abstract  8)--))

Can you link me to the extract please?
There is a link above.

OK my memory wasn't perfect OK  "Brand new carpet squares 20 cm  20 cm were purchased and used as the
medium for the odor transport. Before the initiation of this investigation, the
carpet squares were stored in airtight containers outside the boundaries of the
Institute of Legal Medicine.

The two bodies were placed in a supine position on top of a new and clean
table and a separate table was used for each individual. A cotton blanket was
wrapped around each body to preclude the direct contamination of the carpet
squares with the bodies while at the same time simulating a thin layer of
clothing covering each individual."

So at some stage they are taken out of the airtight containers but a cotton blanket is the separation between the cadaver and the carpet square.

"Abstract" is the right word to use for an enticement to purchase the main article.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »
Transference of Cadaver odour could provide an answer to the thorny problem of post Mortem timing.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2019, 09:52:00 PM »
Note: “The dog has also been trained to identify cadaver scent contamination where there is no physically retrievable evidence, due to scent adhering to pervious material such as carpet or the upholstery in motor vehicles”

i agree...the idea that the scent would deposit on hard surfaces in sufficient amount to last several years seems unlikely...and of course there have been no tests to see how long it would last on carpet squares

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »
There is a link above.

OK my memory wasn't perfect OK  "Brand new carpet squares 20 cm  20 cm were purchased and used as the
medium for the odor transport. Before the initiation of this investigation, the
carpet squares were stored in airtight containers outside the boundaries of the
Institute of Legal Medicine.

The two bodies were placed in a supine position on top of a new and clean
table and a separate table was used for each individual. A cotton blanket was
wrapped around each body to preclude the direct contamination of the carpet
squares with the bodies while at the same time simulating a thin layer of
clothing covering each individual."

So at some stage they are taken out of the airtight containers but a cotton blanket is the separation between the cadaver and the carpet square.

"Abstract" is the right word to use for an enticement to purchase the main article.

I was just being facetious  8)--))

So the bottom line is inanimate objects can become contaminated with the odour without direct contact with a corpse.  Said items can then be moved to a completely different environment and still emit the odour. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »
I was just being facetious  8)--))

So the bottom line is inanimate objects can become contaminated with the odour without direct contact with a corpse.  Said items can then be moved to a completely different environment and still emit the odour.

Pervious objects.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2019, 10:10:07 PM »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2019, 10:10:45 PM »
Pervious objects.

In the Shannon Matthews case the contamination involved second-hand furniture which I've no idea whether pervious or not.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »
i agree...the idea that the scent would deposit on hard surfaces in sufficient amount to last several years seems unlikely...and of course there have been no tests to see how long it would last on carpet squares

What did the second-hand furniture amount to in the case of Shannon Matthews?

The article re the carpet samples is based on tests over 65 days.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »
In the Shannon Matthews case the contamination involved second-hand furniture which I've no idea whether pervious or not.

I dont think it wa sever confirmed the alerts were to the furniture

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2019, 10:16:06 PM »
What did the second-hand furniture amount to in the case of Shannon Matthews?

The article re the carpet samples is based on tests over 65 days.

how were the tiles stored over 65 days

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2019, 10:17:28 PM »
I dont think it wa sever confirmed the alerts were to the furniture

The properties the dogs searched contained a high level of second hand furniture bought from dwellings where someone had died.  This resulted in numerous indications that required further investigation to confirm whether they were connected to the investigation, or to previous owners of the furniture.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
how were the tiles stored over 65 days

Please refer to the full article provided by Robbitybob1.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2019, 10:22:13 PM »
The properties the dogs searched contained a high level of second hand furniture bought from dwellings where someone had died.  This resulted in numerous indications that required further investigation to confirm whether they were connected to the investigation, or to previous owners of the furniture.

so furter investiagtion was required...what rules out a false alert...a la coconut