Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535481 times)

ferryman

You have not. You seldom do on contentious issues,

What do you think I've got wrong?

Offline Eleanor

Amaral would be free to publish in England; the McCanns, free to sue.

I imagine the same would be true in Scotland (which has separate legislature from England).

Well, I suppose he could always Self Publish.  But that's about it.  If he wants to take on that.  But why should he?

Offline Eleanor

Innocent of what ferryman ?

The first investigation was shelved due to the lack of evidence.

The crime is unknown.

Stop trying to twist the truth.

Et tois aussi.

Offline mercury

What do you think I've got wrong?

Your post is your personal interpretation of events and facts...eg no official  bod has ever stated let alone concluded the mccanns are innocent

stephen25000

Et tois aussi.

What truth am I twisting Eleanor ?

La verite ?

Offline jassi

Are you suggesting that Amaral's book can be published in English, in England?  Find a Publisher.  Ditto Scotland.

Is this censorship?  That might be an interesting question.

I'm not suggesting anything.
The McCanns view regarding publication of Amaral's book has never been tested in  law because sellers/publishers have so far declined to take it to court.
I was wondering whether separate writs would be required for England & Scotland.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline mercury

Are you suggesting that Amaral's book can be published in English, in England?  Find a Publisher.  Ditto Scotland.

Is this censorship?  That might be an interesting question.

Very.
Furnish the board with a list of "banned" books in the uk

Who bans books?

They would have been MILES better off today  if they hadnt created this pointless exercise

Offline jassi

Well, I suppose he could always Self Publish.  But that's about it.  If he wants to take on that.  But why should he?

He may have little difficulty in finding publishers/sellers outside of UK.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

Would that apply in this case?  Would Scotland require a separate legal  writ  to England ?

Can any of our self proclaimed legal experts  give an opinion?

Separate legal system ... same intolerance for libel.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

Only libel if it isnt true though, isnt it? And seeing as its a cold unsolved case, a theory cant be libel

ferryman

Your post is your personal interpretation of events and facts...eg no official  bod has ever stated let alone concluded the mccanns are innocent

There was no need for any official bod to.

The McCanns were accused (but not charged) by the Portuguese arguido system then the status was dropped after a year-long investigation adduced no evidence against them.

Same for Robert Murat.

Offline jassi

And presumably additional cost.

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

Only libel if it isnt true though, isnt it? And seeing as its a cold unsolved case, a theory cant be libel

Then he won't have a problem finding a publisher to publish it and a bookseller to stock it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

The evidence of this latest ruling in Portugal would seem to suggest that's true there; certainly not in England, and I very much doubt, in Scotland.

Offline jassi

I suppose he might find a printer/publisher somewhere in Europe and then sell by mail order.

Or maybe not -