Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535208 times)

stephen25000

NO ....It's you that is wrong John....thought I would have a look at my previous posts on this....looks like my prediction was absolutely correct

Amaral is basically bankrupt...both financially and morally. He has been humiliated totally by the court in his own country. He has a choice of handing all his money to the McCanns or appealing. The appeal won't cost him apenny because he has nothing. He can count on the financial support of a handful of misguided supporters and who knows...if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time...and if he doesn't...he has lost nothing

Not anymore.

You need a rapid dose of reality.

The mccanns lost big time in the Portuguese appeal court.

Offline jassi

Shouldn't that have been check? Maybe not..... @)(++(*

Money, Money, Money  (apologies to ABBA)    @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Did I say that, NO.

However , it would be poetic justice.

You really need some lessons in comprehension

yes you did

Offline Brietta

Who does the duty to shut up about a case you were involved in apply to then?

I really don't know where these judges were coming from their attitude seems remarkably archaic with no understanding at all of the importance of publicising of a missing child.

My interpretation of the part of the decision I have read so far is that it reveals a total misconception about what it was the McCanns were doing when they made themselves available for interview with the press.

Apparently the efforts they made to publicise their missing child negated their rights and was looked upon as them expressing an opinion.

Which tit for tat in the eyes of the judges meant … they were pushing their theory of abduction, therefore Goncalo Amaral was entitled to write a book to promote his.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Money, Money, Money  (apologies to ABBA)    @)(++(*

You got it.

Plus of course REVENGE on Amaral.

That hasn't worked out.

stephen25000

Would big-time be an apt description of a major misapplication of Portuguese law?

May be ....

No, the mccanns lost.

Get over it.

Offline Mr Gray

Not anymore.

You need a rapid dose of reality.

The mccanns lost big time in the Portuguese appeal court.

to correct the mistake posted by several posters that my prediction was wrong...it was not...I was spot on....

I predicted that amaral would appeal and that he may well be successful...I now predict that the McCanns will appeal and may well be successful

stephen25000

to correct the mistake posted by several posters that my prediction was wrong...it was not...I was spot on....

I predicted that amaral would appeal and that he may well be successful...I now predict that the McCanns will appeal and may well be successful

CITE.

Offline jassi

Which also  means they may not.  Not much of a prediction, Mystic Davel
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

@)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

but those who claim my prediction was wrong...are themselves wrong

Offline jassi

but those who claim my prediction was wrong...are themselves wrong

Not me, I just think you talk crystal balls

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

CITE.

Amaral is basically bankrupt...both financially and morally. He has been humiliated totally by the court in his own country. He has a choice of handing all his money to the McCanns or appealing. The appeal won't cost him apenny because he has nothing. He can count on the financial support of a handful of misguided supporters and who knows...if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time...and if he doesn't...he has lost nothing

its on about pg 4 of the other thread.....

Offline Mr Gray

Not me, I just think you talk crystal balls

it's all probably totally over your head

Offline pegasus

NO ....It's you that is wrong John....thought I would have a look at my previous posts on this....looks like my prediction was absolutely correct

Here again we have the use of the remarkable old english unit of measure - the handful.
From the child's bed to the restaurant was only a "handful" of yards, and Mr Amaral has only a "handful" of supporters. What this unit lacks in scientific accuracy it more than makes up for in slipperyness and charisma. Perhaps we mathematicians could suggest it at the next CGPM as a welcome addition to to the boringly accurate SI system Davel?