Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535259 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1065 on: April 22, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
The mccanns have lost the civil case.

Meanwhile his assets will be increasing next week, with the re-release of the book and video.

You should be rejoicing that more people can know hisa side of the story and not the propaganda prevalent in the UK media for much of the last 7 years.

after all no one likes  censorship do they??

ferryman

« Reply #1066 on: April 22, 2016, 09:51:18 AM »
The mccanns have lost the civil case.

Meanwhile his assets will be increasing next week, with the re-release of the book and video.

You should be rejoicing that more people can know hisa side of the story and not the propaganda prevalent in the UK media for much of the last 7 years.

Why should anyone 'rejoice' that Amaral's clear and demonstrable lies can once more be legally read, to hinder the search for a missing little girl?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1067 on: April 22, 2016, 09:52:49 AM »

Would anyone care to express an opinion on why The McCanns won the judgement at the first trial?  The one that has just been overturned.

stephen25000

« Reply #1068 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:41 AM »
Why should anyone 'rejoice' that Amaral's clear and demonstrable lies can once more be legally read, to hinder the search for a missing little girl?

I was waiting for that cliche.

The case has nothing to do with searching.

Aren't SY doing that ?

ferryman

« Reply #1069 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:56 AM »
after all no one likes  censorship do they??

Depends.

If certain people wrote certain things about you, I bet you'd suddenly be all for censorship, and I would be on your side, in standing up against abuse directed at you (or in favour of censorship)

stephen25000

« Reply #1070 on: April 22, 2016, 09:57:00 AM »
Would anyone care to express an opinion on why The McCanns won the judgement at the first trial?  The one that has just been overturned.

As a reminder Eleanor, the mccanns failed to prove many of the claims they made.

Have you forgotten ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1071 on: April 22, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »
So screwed up times 3?

But emphatically screwed up.

I'm afraid you have completely misunderstood, just as people did when giving their opinions on the appeal. Montclair seems to have had the most accurate view on that.

Taken from;
Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.

OxfordBloo;  I cannot see what his grounds for appeal could possibly be.

Montclair;    I have read the judge's decision, thank you very much. Her decision is her decision and there is no reason why it cannot be overturned. Her arguments are more or less the same as the ones used by the judge in February 2010 and that ruling was overturned by the Tribunal de Relação.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #1072 on: April 22, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »

Must have missed the posts.

If I'd spotted them, I certainly would have.

The moderators are pretty hot on this board, and would doubtless have removed abusive posts (rightly so)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:00:04 PM by ShiningInLuz »

ferryman

« Reply #1073 on: April 22, 2016, 10:08:46 AM »
I'm afraid you have completely misunderstood, just as people did when giving their opinions on the appeal. Montclair seems to have had the most accurate view on that.

Taken from;
Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.

OxfordBloo;  I cannot see what his grounds for appeal could possibly be.

Montclair;    I have read the judge's decision, thank you very much. Her decision is her decision and there is no reason why it cannot be overturned. Her arguments are more or less the same as the ones used by the judge in February 2010 and that ruling was overturned by the Tribunal de Relação.

Ignoring that Amaral breached judicial secrecy was an unpardonable blunder (by the appeal-court judges).

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1074 on: April 22, 2016, 10:12:56 AM »

One thing should be clear to all - SY were searching for a body with British police dogs like in 2007 to nail the evil perps.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1075 on: April 22, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
One thing should be clear to all - SY were searching for a body with British police dogs like in 2007 to nail the evil perps.

so they   clearly   were  unsure   that maddie was alive then and  clearly  didnt  think so??

Offline Lace

« Reply #1076 on: April 22, 2016, 10:18:34 AM »
Amaral seeking damages 'his good name has been called into question'    he was an 'arguido' at the time he was co-ordinator.    I think his 'good name' had already been called into question.

Anyway,    the same goes for him doesn't it,   it was no one else's fault but his own that he messed up the case and got thrown off it.   

Offline Lace

« Reply #1077 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »
so they   clearly   were  unsure   that maddie was alive then and  clearly  didnt  think so??

Obviously they would search for a body,  but no body was found,   they search for both a person who could be dead and a person who could still be alive.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1078 on: April 22, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »
I was waiting for that cliche.

The case has nothing to do with searching.

Aren't SY doing that ?

Yes,  SY are searching thank god,  no thanks to Amaral.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1079 on: April 22, 2016, 10:21:39 AM »

Actions speak louder than words.

"Police said they had also investigated more than 60 persons of interest.
A total of 650 sex offenders have also been considered as well as reports of 8,685 potential sightings of Madeleine around the world.

Operation Grange, which was launched in 2011, will continue but will have the number of full time officers working on the case reduced from 29 to just four.
Detectives have taken 1,338 statements and collected 1,027 exhibits, but a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “While there remain lines of inquiry to follow, the vast majority of the work by Operation Grange has been completed.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11960669/Madeleine-McCann-investigation-to-be-drastically-scaled-back-Scotland-Yard-says.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:38:25 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.