Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535497 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1845 on: April 27, 2016, 06:56:47 PM »
Those who say the McCanns were declared innocent when the PJ files were archived, those who insist the 'libel' trial was about Amaral's 'lies', those who said he had no grounds to appeal, those who say there is a joint UK/Prtugal investigation, those who say the re-opened Portuguese investigation said the McCanns are not suspects. We can all make lists.

DCI wrote

Here you are. From one of the horses mouths.

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30
Post FSoares Today

Claudia79 wrote:

I've just been told that apparently Pedro do Carmo, from the PJ, informed the media the new line of investigation excludes the McCanns as suspects. I didn't know that and don't know if it is accurate.

It's accurate! I do not know how many more official statements some people still need.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2781.msg94673#msg94673

In the post from another place the poster is in absolutely no doubt that Pedro do Carmo informed the media that the McCanns are not suspects in the Portuguese investigation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1846 on: April 27, 2016, 06:59:11 PM »
Those who say the McCanns were declared innocent when the PJ files were archived, those who insist the 'libel' trial was about Amaral's 'lies', those who said he had no grounds to appeal, those who say there is a joint UK/Prtugal investigation, those who say the re-opened Portuguese investigation said the McCanns are not suspects. We can all make lists.

well I am glad I didn't say any of those....although you probably wrongly think I did

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1847 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:23 PM »
I don't know what some of you are on about, but the above only confirms what Gonçalo Amaral has always said. There was a preliminary report which confirmed Madeleine's DNA in the car and in the final report, it was the complete opposite.

no there wasn't...amaral completely misunderstood

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1848 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
Strange that the final report should be so different.

The only thing strange about the FSS report is the misinterpretation of it by Goncalo Amaral.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #1849 on: April 27, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »
I don't know what some of you are on about, but the above only confirms what Gonçalo Amaral has always said. There was a preliminary report which confirmed Madeleine's DNA in the car and in the final report, it was the complete opposite.

If that's the case, it can't be one of the DNA documents in the files.

So... either he's only stating what is in the publicly accessible files, or he isn't.

Which is it?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1850 on: April 27, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
The only thing strange about the FSS report is the misinterpretation of it by Goncalo Amaral.

Indeed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1851 on: April 27, 2016, 07:09:13 PM »
whe will the sceptic posters understand that amaral ...the very experienced detective did not understand the forensic evidence ad drew all his own incorrect conclusions...that is a fact

stephen25000

« Reply #1852 on: April 27, 2016, 07:12:55 PM »
whe will the sceptic posters understand that amaral ...the very experienced detective did not understand the forensic evidence ad drew all his own incorrect conclusions...that is a fact

I am afraid to remind you once again that the accidental death theory has not been disproved by any means.

Likewise,  another forum myth saying that Amaral accused the mccanns of killing Madeleine is pure baloney as well.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1853 on: April 27, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »
I am afraid to remind you once again that the accidental death theory has not been disproved by any means.

Likewise,  another forum myth saying that Amaral accused the mccanns of killing Madeleine is pure baloney as well.

This reply to Davel has nothing to do with his comment.

I hope you aren't goading again.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1854 on: April 27, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »

Within the terms of the writ that was being tried what Sr Amaral thought about DNA was irrelevant.
You may recall the judge in the lower court said the case was about "did the contents of book film etc harm the search and did they cause the damage as defined in the writ" not whether the content of the book was true.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #1855 on: April 27, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
This reply to Davel has nothing to do with his comment.

I hope you aren't goading again.

It is a matter of opinion who is doing the goading Eleanor.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1856 on: April 27, 2016, 07:21:53 PM »

the fact you have once again not addressed the point in my post shows you have absolutely do defence for the total failure of amaral to understand the evidence

stephen25000

« Reply #1857 on: April 27, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
the fact you have once again not addressed the point in my post shows you have absolutely do defence for the total failure of amaral to understand the evidence

You need to read old posts davel.

Likewise it is time you realized once and for all the ramifications of last week's decision.

Have you actually read through the transcript of Saturdays program yet.

At the moment on this thread, you are clutching at straws.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1858 on: April 27, 2016, 07:25:58 PM »
It is a matter of opinion who is doing the goading Eleanor.

Not on this occasion.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1859 on: April 27, 2016, 07:34:25 PM »
I think its important to point out that amaral wrote a book...which is at the centre of this trial in which he demonstrated his pure ignorance of all things forensic

Keep saying it as long as you like. You may well be correct but it doesn't matter. The case was not judged on Sr Amarals forensic knowledge it was judged on other matters and will now continue to be judged on points of law.
Thus far the judgment has been in Sr Amaral's favour.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey