Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535270 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1890 on: April 28, 2016, 01:08:00 AM »
My prediction is that no appeal will be made to the supreme court.

Offline misty

« Reply #1891 on: April 28, 2016, 02:35:36 AM »
My prediction is that no appeal will be made to the supreme court.

Is that because you believe arrests will be made before the deadline for appeal submission?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1892 on: April 28, 2016, 02:44:38 AM »
Is that because you believe arrests will be made before the deadline for appeal submission?
It's because not appealing is less of a defeat than appealing and losing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:47:03 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1893 on: April 28, 2016, 03:00:33 AM »
It's because not appealing is less of a defeat than appealing and losing.

The McCanns are very tenacious & the latest ramblings of their opponent will only heighten their desire to proceed. IMO.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1894 on: April 28, 2016, 03:10:01 AM »

This is such good publicity.  Probably worth every penny.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1895 on: April 28, 2016, 05:38:00 AM »
....and when did the evil book come out?

Why, 2008, well b....r me!

Exactly.

Not sure why people are going over and over the same point like a rolling stone lol.... *&*%£

The courts found for Amaral, finally justice.

I personally think the McCanns made a huge mistake taking him to court in the first place. By their doing this for me, it gave me the impression they had something to hide. If they are innocent then head up high. The point being too the book would have died a death but by keeping it constantly in the news via the McCanns actions makes people want to read it more to see what is actually in there. Mind you its still freely downloadable on the Internet.

The only thing he said was the accidental death, which he said in 2007 way before the book.  He wasnt arrested then was he for slander etc....it was only when there was a chance he may make some money they got annoyed.

I think they should let it lie now personally, and I do think it will fade away.  No one is bothered anymore sadly its been ongoing too long with no resolution, like it was a dream and never happened. I know my friends gave up on it, as they said, that justice will be never done for the child anyway its all been covered up. They have resigned themselves to that fact.

I do find it odd, that even with the best police force they cant find anything, as perhaps they are not allowed to lift up the right carpets.....

Poor baby, she will never get justice.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1896 on: April 28, 2016, 07:08:05 AM »
The Portuguese judiciary ceased to have exclusive rights on 21st July 2008 at which point members of the public could have sight if they wished. Sr Amaral's book was published 24th July 2008.
Rule one when reading any legal or contract document. Read the definitions section first. It's usually the first one for a very good reason.

The files weren't available to the media until 4 August. 21 July was when the AG announced the archival.

Although the book was launched on 24 July, he started a pre-launch media blitz some weeks before that.

It's not difficult to imagine that his bleating about death and cover-up made for far more sensational reading than the conclusions of the archiving report.

14. on the 21st July 2008 the General Prosecution of the Republic divulged a note to the media announcing the archiving of the criminal investigation and that the same could be reopen by the initiative of the Public Ministry or any interested parties if new elements of evidence that would lead to pertinent diligences (article 20 of Base Instrutória) .

26. On the day of its launch, 24.07.08, the book was also sold with the newspaper Correio d Manhã.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk

On 4 August 2008 access to the case file was granted to the 'media' by the Portuguese authorities. In compliance with Portuguese law certain documents had been withheld by the Portuguese authorities for reasons recorded in the file.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/04.htm

stephen25000

« Reply #1897 on: April 28, 2016, 07:40:54 AM »

The files weren't available to the media until 4 August. 21 July was when the AG announced the archival.

Although the book was launched on 24 July, he started a pre-launch media blitz some weeks before that.

It's not difficult to imagine that his bleating about death and cover-up made for far more sensational reading than the conclusions of the archiving report.

14. on the 21st July 2008 the General Prosecution of the Republic divulged a note to the media announcing the archiving of the criminal investigation and that the same could be reopen by the initiative of the Public Ministry or any interested parties if new elements of evidence that would lead to pertinent diligences (article 20 of Base Instrutória) .

26. On the day of its launch, 24.07.08, the book was also sold with the newspaper Correio d Manhã.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk

On 4 August 2008 access to the case file was granted to the 'media' by the Portuguese authorities. In compliance with Portuguese law certain documents had been withheld by the Portuguese authorities for reasons recorded in the file.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/04.htm

The information was already in the media and on the internet, even then.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1898 on: April 28, 2016, 07:45:59 AM »
The information was already in the media and on the internet, even then.

No it wasn't Stephen,  it had never been mentioned, we just imagined it......

Kate tells of nightmare

Daily Mirror

Lori Campbell In Praia Da Luz
09/09/2007

"They want me to lie - I'm being framed.

"Police don't want a murder in Portugal and all the publicity about them not having paedophile laws here, so they're blaming us."

"They are basically saying, 'If you confess Madeleine had an accident, and that I panicked and hid the body in a bag for a month then got rid of it in a hire car, I'd get two or three years' suspended sentence.'

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id16.html

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1899 on: April 28, 2016, 07:49:37 AM »

it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

No, that didn't happen.....it was all just a bad dream.

'Kate tells of nightmare'
09/09/2007
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1900 on: April 28, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »
Lots of information was in the public domain by early July;

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id129.html
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1901 on: April 28, 2016, 09:08:12 AM »
You mean you feel the need  to make a desperate tit for tat response?

Nothing said on here, or elsewhere will make the slightest bit of difference, so you may as well save your fingers.

Amaral has won his case, subject to any final appeal - live with it.

still amuses me    for  7  years supporters  said  GA had no chance  and  he is doing better then the mcanns  now 8)--))

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1902 on: April 28, 2016, 09:14:43 AM »
Exactly.

Not sure why people are going over and over the same point like a rolling stone lol.... *&*%£

The courts found for Amaral, finally justice.

I personally think the McCanns made a huge mistake taking him to court in the first place. By their doing this for me, it gave me the impression they had something to hide. If they are innocent then head up high. The point being too the book would have died a death but by keeping it constantly in the news via the McCanns actions makes people want to read it more to see what is actually in there. Mind you its still freely downloadable on the Internet.

The only thing he said was the accidental death, which he said in 2007 way before the book.  He wasnt arrested then was he for slander etc....it was only when there was a chance he may make some money they got annoyed.

I think they should let it lie now personally, and I do think it will fade away.  No one is bothered anymore sadly its been ongoing too long with no resolution, like it was a dream and never happened. I know my friends gave up on it, as they said, that justice will be never done for the child anyway its all been covered up. They have resigned themselves to that fact.

I do find it odd, that even with the best police force they cant find anything, as perhaps they are not allowed to lift up the right carpets.....

Poor baby, she will never get justice.

Good post. 8((()*/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #1903 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
....and when did the evil book come out?

Why, 2008, well b....r me!

It is the fact that Amaral who was the Police co-ordinator at the time wrote a book,  more or less accusing the McCann's of hiding Madeleine's body,   getting his DNA WRONG,   that is disgusting.    Anyone reading a book especially in Portugal,  by a person who was the co-ordinator in the case would be likely to believe what he says,  if it had just been left in the files,  then everyone could see the real DNA results and know there was no evidence at all.

stephen25000

« Reply #1904 on: April 28, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
It is the fact that Amaral who was the Police co-ordinator at the time wrote a book,  more or less accusing the McCann's of hiding Madeleine's body,   getting his DNA WRONG,   that is disgusting.    Anyone reading a book especially in Portugal,  by a person who was the co-ordinator in the case would be likely to believe what he says,  if it had just been left in the files,  then everyone could see the real DNA results and know there was no evidence at all.

It was a thesis.

...and it has not been disproved.