Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535272 times)

Offline John

Apparently the delightfully magnanimous Goncalo Amaral is muttering darkly against the dastardly bounders who have put his book free on the internet ....

I thought he was grateful that the only place his book could be read not so long ago was on the internet?   &%+((£
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

ferryman

Stephen, try not to get your disappointment (that the McCanns have lodged an appeal!) get to you too much.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:14:16 PM by John »

Offline jassi

Is everyone feeding off everyone else at the moment with no definitive source ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

Is everyone feeding off everyone else at the moment with no definitive source ?
The lack of a reliable source does make me wonder.  Time will tell.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

Hands up all those who expected the McCanns would not appeal the last judgement.
I know this will incur the wrath of some but it is the next card to play in the game so why should it come as a surprise or be anything to become agitated about or even comment upon when it is played ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

Hands up all those who expected the McCanns would not appeal the last judgement.
I know this will incur the wrath of some but it is the next card to play in the game so why should it come as a surprise or be anything to become agitated about or even comment upon when it is played ?

It is a veritable disgrace that a book should ever have been allowed to see light of day.

Allegations that lower reputation are the antithesis of free speech and the ruling (of the court of first-instance) should never have been contested (aside, possibly, on grounds that the level of compensation to the McCanns was too low).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:09:57 PM by John »

Offline John

They said they would appeal it so have to follow through Alice.  However, it will be interesting to see on what basis Sra Duarte has made the submission and more to the point whether the Supreme Court will accept it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:20:11 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

As I said ages ago there will be no appeal to the supreme court IMO

Offline Montclair

They said they would appeal it so have to follow through Alice.  However, it will be interesting to see on what basis Sra Duarte has made the submission and more to the point whether the Supreme Court will accept it.

Isabel Duarte does what her clients, the McCanns, tell her to do. I wouldn't have expected them not to lodge an appeal.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:13:05 PM by Montclair »

Offline Alice Purjorick

Oh yes. If the submission has been made and when[ if ] it is rejected you could write "the friend's" script for them couldn't you  8(0(*

Edit.
first word of main sentence changed to "if" such that the sense remains the same which is the point of the post not arguments about whether an appeal has been made and where it is recorded.
lots of love AP  ?{)(**

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:10:48 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline ShiningInLuz

Oh yes. The submission has been made and when[ if ] it is rejected you could write "the friend's" script for them couldn't you  8(0(*
Is there a source for the part in bold?  Thanks.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

Is there a source for the part in bold?  Thanks.

Not that I am aware of ; just passing on popular scuttlebutt.
Very remiss I know but it's catching on here today [being remiss that is].

stephen25000

Stephen, try not to get your disappointment (that the McCanns have lodged an appeal!) get to you too much.

I have been waiting for it.

and we know what happened last time they went to the Supreme Court. 8)--))

Offline pegasus

No appeal has been made. If one is (I doubt it) it will be posted at http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Offline jassi

No appeal has been made. If one is (I doubt it) it will be posted at http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm certainly surprised that we haven't seen an official announcement anywhere as yet.

All very subdued.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:16:10 PM by Brietta »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future