Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 286090 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #510 on: January 22, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »

What we need to establish is how do we define 'poor'? The poor need rich people to provide for them do they not?
****************************************************************************************

Re: the claims about what Churchill  wanted. It is the voters who say what they want not the policticians, even though this seems not to be the case in many instances. I do not believe he wanted a unified EU which included Turkey.

The EU is undemocratic and costly- they refused to change -  so we hopped out. I do believe many more will follow.
One thing that Brexit has achieved is to unify Europe - they’ve all seen the absolute turmoil we’ve been through in the last two years and I don’t think any EU country is eager to follow suit in the near future.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #511 on: January 22, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
One thing that Brexit has achieved is to unify Europe - they’ve all seen the absolute turmoil we’ve been through in the last two years and I don’t think any EU country is eager to follow suit in the near future.  IMO.

I won't hold my breath. Italy and some eastern countries are certainly don't like the way the land lays.

The main issue I have with the EU  and its non democratic mind set is: when the population are being shafted and ignored  they feel undermined, lost, aggireved and this opens the door to fascism.

How do you think we got  a rise in right wing parties getting a platform. Not beause the new voters love fascists, but it was the only way they could let the  great and good see the mess they created for the rest of us to live in.

We now have 'hate crime'  why do you think we have these laws?  to shut us up and continue with the social engineering? well maybe ., but I think it is more to do with nolt dealing with the issues of injustice with regards to housing and benefits being abused by many thousands of undeserving illegal immigrants(who, when caught- claim asylum)- not genuine asylum seekers or people applying for work permits/residency.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2019, 08:20:23 PM »
They are entitled to a vote but it was Churchill who said the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter ..
I don't think whetherbwe should stay in Europe should be decided by those who on the whole... Don't have a clue

It must be galling to have to rely on the voters to keep you in your job, mustn't it? Politucal power is bestowed or withheld by the electorate, whether politicians like it or not.

I take it you think you're one of those who do have a clue?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2019, 08:21:16 PM »
I won't hold my breath. Italy and some eastern countries are certainly don't like the way the land lays.

The main issue I have with the EU  and its non democratic mind set is: when the population are being shafted and ignored  they feel undermined, lost, aggireved and this opens the door to fascism.

How do you think we got  a rise in right wing parties getting a platform. Not beause the new voters love fascists, but it was the only way they could let the  great and good see the mess they created for the rest of us to live in.

We now have 'hate crime'  why do you think we have these laws?  to shut us up and continue with the social engineering? well maybe ., but I think it is more to do with nolt dealing with the issues of injustice with regards to housing and benefits being abused by many thousands of undeserving illegal immigrants(who, when caught- claim asylum)- not genuine asylum seekers or people applying for work permits/residency.
Illegal immigrants by their very definition are not from the EU and therefore nothing to do with our EU membership, nor either is our current benefits system.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #514 on: January 22, 2019, 08:25:04 PM »
It must be galling to have to rely on the voters to keep you in your job, mustn't it? Politucal power is bestowed or withheld by the electorate, whether politicians like it or not.

I take it you think you're one of those who do have a clue?

You will be very surprised to hear I dint have enough knowledge to make an informed choice... I probably have more than average... But that isn't enough.. We probably needed some real public debate by experts to educate us ..
It does appear that only poorer countries wish to join..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:28:06 PM by Davel »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #515 on: January 22, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
Illegal immigrants by their very definition are not from the EU and therefore nothing to do with our EU membership, nor either is our current benefits system.

Oh Dear... you really have no clue. or you are pretending not to hear. ok fair enough.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #516 on: January 22, 2019, 08:53:35 PM »
Oh Dear... you really have no clue. or you are pretending not to hear. ok fair enough.
Pardon??  How is leaving the EU going to solve the illegal immigrant problem?  How is our current benefits system controlled by thr EU?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #517 on: January 22, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »
You will be very surprised to hear I dint have enough knowledge to make an informed choice... I probably have more than average... But that isn't enough.. We probably needed some real public debate by experts to educate us ..
It does appear that only poorer countries wish to join..

I'm not surprised to hear that you don't have enough knowledge, but I'm surprised to see you admitting it.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2019, 07:50:32 AM »
I'm not surprised to hear that you don't have enough knowledge, but I'm surprised to see you admitting it.  @)(++(*

That's an admission from you that you have misjudged me... It's not the absence of knowledge that's the problem but the presumption of knowledge from people such as you.... I doubt there is anyone on this forum that has the knowledge to make an informed decision

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2019, 07:58:12 AM »
With such vast wealth he can live anywhere in the world he wishes, jetting frequently between various abodes when required, including Dodington Park, a French chateau vineyard and a Chelsea townhouse.  And now maybe "above the shop" in Singapore. To think that Hoover and Electrolux cocked a snook at his cyclone invention in the early days and now he's having the last laugh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2889054/Not-bad-fancy-vacuum-cleaner-Inventor-James-Dyson-owns-land-England-Queen.html

Taxes paid here it's claimed, although the reality might be somewhat different.
According to today’s Times, the company’s relocation to Singapore will cost the UK £60m in tax receipts. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »
As the Daily Mail comments are sometimes used in this forum as a barometer of public opinion, it might be instructive to post the most popular comment under theDyson news which received nearly 5000 green arrows versus a paltry 500 red:

“Dyson that moved manufacturing to Asia , decided that Singapore was the best place to build his cars and now moving his Head Office there as well , another Brexiteer that wants cheap labour without import tariffs on his goods . Brexit was always about the elite and not about the working people of Britain and the sooner people wake up the better for British manufacturing , services and workers” .

I don’t think this news has gone down very well with the GBP. 

Offline Carana

« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
Of course there is no need to panic, the EU needs the UK more than we need them and history has proven this over the last century. If it wasn't for Britain and its allies the whole of Europe would be one huge Germanic state ruled by Nazis by now reaching from Norway to Turkey to Portugal and most probably half of Africa.  Anyone who cannot see that by now has really buried their head in the sand.

In which ways does the EU need the UK more than the UK needs the EU, do you think?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #522 on: January 23, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
In which ways does the EU need the UK more than the UK needs the EU, do you think?
I’d like to know that too.  27 need 1 more than 1 needs 27 does not somewhow make sense.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2019, 09:24:33 AM »

I don't think it's that simple... We are net contributers and net importers... Norway, Canada. Switzerland don't need them and to me it seems only poorer countries want to join

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #524 on: January 23, 2019, 09:26:33 AM »

But what does he know...

“The country’s most senior counterterrorism officer has said that he finds the prospect of Britain leaving the EU without a deal “incredibly concerning”.

Neil Basu warned that a no-deal Brexit would leave the UK and Europe in a “very bad place” if police could not share data and intelligence on suspected criminals and terrorists.”