Author Topic: How many times do persons search the McCann apartment, who, when, and for what?  (Read 42 times)

Online Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
Kate mentions company personnel doing searches of their apartment.  It has been dawning on me that in the end it seemed to be rather frequent.  Why was it done repeatedly?

Can we finally get definite answer to the question of how many times do persons search the McCann apartment, who were they, when did they do it, and for what were they looking for?
Ones that come to mind were
1. Kate
2. Gerry
3 Fiona
4 Amy
Did these people also?
5. Emma Knights?
6. Silvia Batista?

7.  I forgot the GNR did an internal search as well.

From Emma Knights statement "The hotel manager, John Hill arrived at the location from which the searches were being organised and I can confirm that he called the police. John stayed at the location and I several times went to search the grounds. I went with Amy and we searched the highest part of the complex behind the apartments. The search lasted for about 10 minutes and then we returned. At that moment John asked me to go to the apartment the girl had disappeared from and, on behalf of Mark Warner, provide all the help the family might need.

I went to the McCann's apartment, entered by the patio doors and introduced myself to Kate and Mrs Payne. I entered the apartment living room and Kate and Mrs Payne stayed in the main bedroom, from where I could hear them both crying."

There seems to be a whole hour missing in her recollection "I do not remember the exact sequence of events at this time, but I do remember that I phoned John, who informed me that the police were on their way.

I remember that the police arrived between 00.00 and 00.30, entered by the main door and went to the kitchen with Gerry." 
No mention of the GNR arriving and the presence of Silvia Batista.

Silvia Batista admits to a degree of searching "She opened the wardrobes of that room in order to confirm that Madeleine wasn't eventually hiding there."  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:32:03 PM by Robittybob1 »
What are you doing to find Madeleine?

Online Robittybob1

• Executive Member
we've looked at Amy Tierney and she openly admits to searching the apartment.

We are all familiar with Kate's search.  So what about Gerry and Fiona?

Gerry does NOT mention looking through the apartment himself in the 10th May statement.

In his arguido statement he says "--- He remembers that after it was known that Madeleine had disappeared he looked for her all over the apartment. He particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms at the same time that Kate told him she had looked everywhere."

and later:
"--- When asked about the contents of the wardrobe in his room that can be seen in the photographs, he says that on top is a suitcase and below a pile of dirty clothes that he cannot make out. This wardrobe was opened to look for Madeleine." 

I'm certain that means he opened it to look as Gerry looked throughout the apartment.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:33:19 PM by Robittybob1 »

Online Robittybob1

• Executive Member
Fiona describes a search of the apartment in her rogatory statement: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

"And I looked, I looked throughout the whole apartment and I looked in all the cupboards, under the drawers, under the beds, behind the curtains, everywhere, erm, just, you know, trying to, knowing it had already been done, but you just do. Erm, tut, I looked, when I went into the room that Madeleine was sleeping in, the room was dark, Madeleine, erm, Madeleine's bed was sort of folded back, the sheets, quite kind of neatly really, erm, Sean and Amelie were fast asleep in their cots, they didn't stir, you know, I was opening the cupboards in the room and moving around the room, they didn't stir at all, which that was, that was odd. Erm, we were trying to ascertain whether Madeleine could have got out, and I've already said earlier the shutters were very heavy, and I was almost trying to convince Kate that she could have opened the shutter and climbed out, although knowing that wasn't a likely thing, but at that point we were just trying to pacify Kate in that Madeleine was going to be alright. Erm, and I, I think I touched the webbing in that room"

She then talks of mucking around with the shutters on the outside, so I'm sure that must have been after her perimeter search.