Author Topic: Tapas Bar And Restaurant And Other Amenities  (Read 756 times)

Online ShiningInLuz

Re: Tapas Bar And Restaurant And Other Amenities
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 04:37:01 PM »
Ok thanks I think I've got it now!  But if I'm looking at the right thing the extreme ends are within touching distance?  The bar has a tiled roof and the restaurant appears to be under canopy?

I've never been in the Tapas Restaurant so I can't tell you whether the roof is solid or a canopy.  You're go-to poster is Sadie, who has eaten there.

I suspect that passageway might be where the BBQ meals were cooked, but again, I don't know for certain.
Ooh, a snowflake!

Offline sadie

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »
Have you heard of the organisation called Care of aged and sick horses?  Or when abbreviated CASH?

No CASH passed between our hands.   No one there at reception and in any case we are not the sort who bribe.

It was very quiet that night.

Online G-Unit

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 06:27:12 PM »
No CASH passed between our hands.   No one there at reception and in any case we are not the sort who bribe.

So was it "a canopied outdoor addition to the bar" as Kate described it, or a separate building with a tiled roof as Sil says?
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online ShiningInLuz

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 06:41:04 PM »
So was it "a canopied outdoor addition to the bar" as Kate described it, or a separate building with a tiled roof as Sil says?

For clarity, I have said that I don't know whether the restaurant has a solid roof or a canopy.

I know that it does not have tiles.
Ooh, a snowflake!

Online G-Unit

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 07:11:18 PM »
For clarity, I have said that I don't know whether the restaurant has a solid roof or a canopy.

I know that it does not have tiles.

I thought the building you identified as the restaurant didn't have a canopied roof? Sorry if I'm being dim.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 07:59:15 PM »

How was the meal paid for?  I'm not talking about bribes.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 01:04:49 AM »

Sorry Gunit, but it has been a long time since I was there  ... and i wasn't looking at the roof. 

Certainly it wasn't flapping at all like a canopy and i think the restaurant was as big or bigger than the bar.  My impression was of a building with solid, maybe brick or similar, corners, but large openings where a wall would normally be,
To the south, that wall might have been solid and permanent.  The Tapas Restaurant felt like a permanent structure, but with opportunities to change its layout according to the weather .

When we were there it had full length large cllear plastic sheeting for the entire north (pool) facing wall.

I have a feeling, but dont know, that the plastic sheeting windows could be taken down in hot weather to provide protection from either the rain or the sun but allow any breezes to cool holiday makers.

Several times I have come across photos, which I question as to being of the OC Tapas Restaurant.  They show what appears to be a long poolside wall with small windows in it.   I dont think it is block 5 Tapas Restaurant, but I truly dont know for sure.   Whilst I can no longer remember the chairs and tables they dont seem familiar to me.

But I am happy to be proven wrong on that one

Back to the roof.  There are photos showing the roof somewhere, but having looked briefly, soz I can't find them.  I think it was a roof probably designed to last bout 30 years, but really my recollections of same are very faint.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:11:37 PM by sadie »

Offline misty

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 01:54:04 AM »
Here's a photo of the Tapas Bar/restaurant, showing part of the roof, taken on morning of 4th May 2007.

Offline Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 02:12:44 AM »
Here's a photo of the Tapas Bar/restaurant, showing part of the roof, taken on morning of 4th May 2007.
Can you see the large table with at least 9 chairs around it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 02:19:58 AM »
Can you see the large table with at least 9 chairs around it?

Yes, it's just to the right of centre in the photo.
I think the area under the blue/turquoise striped pelmet was where they cooked the steaks & the dividing low wall which can be seen was where Jane placed her baby monitor.
There are, of course, some who believe the table for 9 wasn't there on previous nights & was brought in on the morning of the 4th for a special event....but that's another story on another blog.  ?>)()<

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 08:32:42 AM »

This explains it, I think.  If you view the image from GE you can see a darkish grey canopy with sort of lines underneath that are also reflected on the ground below ie shadows.  To my eyes the structure is as per your image with a canopy of sorts over the top. 

https://earth.google.com/web/@37.08832976,-8.73079193,34.40890387a,77.56818206d,35y,0.00000001h,58.62959111t,359.9999999r
Setting the pussy among the pigeons!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2019, 08:43:28 AM »
I thought the link above would go straight to tapas at OC but its just GE homepage.

Anyway I can't find the play park KM refers to?  I assumed this was something with swings n slides etc?

Online G-Unit

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »
Yes, it's just to the right of centre in the photo.
I think the area under the blue/turquoise striped pelmet was where they cooked the steaks & the dividing low wall which can be seen was where Jane placed her baby monitor.
There are, of course, some who believe the table for 9 wasn't there on previous nights & was brought in on the morning of the 4th for a special event....but that's another story on another blog.  ?>)()<

My thoughts are;

The table was described as being situated on the esplanade. (terrace)
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ARLINDO-PELEGA.htm

From the restaurant a waiter was able to see two of the group searching the gardens near the bar. He couldn't see the table though, he had to go to the esplanade;

The witness went to the esplanade zone and saw that the table that had previously been occupied by nine adults was now occupied only by the older woman
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RICARDO-A-D-L-OLIVEIRA.htm

Looking at the ceiling it's got foliage from trees coming in, so this isn't a photo taken inside a roofed buildng.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »
My thoughts are;

The table was described as being situated on the esplanade. (terrace)
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ARLINDO-PELEGA.htm

From the restaurant a waiter was able to see two of the group searching the gardens near the bar. He couldn't see the table though, he had to go to the esplanade;

The witness went to the esplanade zone and saw that the table that had previously been occupied by nine adults was now occupied only by the older woman
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RICARDO-A-D-L-OLIVEIRA.htm

Looking at the ceiling it's got foliage from trees coming in, so this isn't a photo taken inside a roofed buildng.

So it seems then everything is in order here?  The group ate and spent the evenings in the so-called tapas restaurant under that grey roofed canopy which hangs over some sort of beam like structure?  Then on the 2nd May they ventured into the bar and it seems that green canopy is let down?

Online G-Unit

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 01:49:32 PM »
So it seems then everything is in order here?  The group ate and spent the evenings in the so-called tapas restaurant under that grey roofed canopy which hangs over some sort of beam like structure?  Then on the 2nd May they ventured into the bar and it seems that green canopy is let down?

I don't really inderstand your post, sorry.

Sil argues that the restaurant and bar are seperate buidings with a cleat gap between them. Kate McCann describes the restaurant as an open-air canopied addition to the bar. The staff say the group's table was near the bar on the esplanade. Misty thinks it was among the other tables not on the esplanade. I still don't know who's right.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything