Author Topic: What is the distance from the Millenium Restaurant to the Tapas Bar?  (Read 2988 times)

ferryman

What is the distance from the Millenium Restaurant to the Tapas Bar?

Do we know?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:09:40 AM by Mr Moderator »

icabodcrane

Re: What is the distance from the Millenium Restaurant to the Tapas Bar?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »
Sorry I can't tell you exactly ferryman,  but in her book Kate mentions that the Millenium restaurant was nearly half a mile from their base

ferryman

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
That's very helpful, thank you.

Since the apartment and the restaurant were in close proximity, it seems reasonable to infer that the two restaurants would have been about the same distance apart (about half a mile or a little less than a kilometre).

icabodcrane

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »
That's very helpful, thank you.

Since the apartment and the restaurant were in close proximity, it seems reasonable to infer that the two restaurants would have been about the same distance apart (about half a mile or a little less than a kilometre).

I think that would be a fair estimate, yes

Redblossom

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:20:54 PM »
Is this a guess what I'm thinking about quiz?
if so, pass
 8**8:/:

BTW I think it was more around half a km away not half a mile
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:45:48 PM by Redblossom »

ferryman

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »
Is this a guess what I'm thinking about quiz?
if so, pass
 8**8:/:

BTW I think it was more around half a km away not half a mile

I was wondering how long it would have taken to carry news of Madeleine's disappearance to the other restaurant.  Clearly not very long ...

Offline gilet

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 01:55:04 AM »
As no-one knows what route the McCanns would have taken between the apartment and the Millenium Restaurant it would seem to be pretty much a pointless question unless someone can enlighten us about that matter.

There are two very practical routes.

The first is the shortest (about 520m / half a kilometre, or 580 yards / one third of a mile.) It goes north from the apartment along roads which would not probably have been familiar to the McCanns.

The second is slightly longer (about 700m/ seven tenths of a kilometre or 770 yards / 0.44 of a mile). This, I would suggest is possibly a more likely route as the McCanns would already know half of it as it passes the main reception where they would have picked up their keys and the kids clubs where the children went each day.

This latter distance also tallies very closely with the claim that Kate McCann made that the Millenium was nearly half a mile from their base (the apartment block).