Author Topic: Ricardo Paiva, "Kate McCann had a dream where she saw Maddie on a hillside"  (Read 104150 times)

Offline faithlilly

During the McCanns attempt to have Amaral's book banned Ricardo Paiva gave evidence of a telephone call made by Kate, while Gerry was absent.   He said that Mrs McCann told him in a tearful telephone conversation in late July 2007 that she had dreamt that Madeleine was on a hill and that police should search for her there. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6977977/Madeleine-McCann-mothers-dream-was-turning-point-in-investigation-court-hears.html

Of course Gerry, in front of the world's press, denied that Kate had ever had such a dream or that something must have been lost in translation ( unlikely as Paiva spoke perfect English).

What are we to make of this episode ?

Did Kate keep the phonecall from Gerry and, if so, why ?

Text amended in red to accord
with the newspaper article quoted.
Admin
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:17:11 AM by Admin »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

AnneGuedes

I was amazed hearing Mr McCann denying as if he had Mrs McCann's dreams under control.
Ricardo Paiva is a sworn inspector. What else ?

Offline Mrs. B

The only people who can answer this without resorting to idle speculation are the McCanns themselves.  Do you want us to idly speculate again "Faithlilly"?

The short answer to that would be; yes!

Offline Eleanor

So Kate was going to tell him where she dumped the body?  Why would she do that?

Offline Mrs. B

I was amazed hearing Mr McCann denying as if he had Mrs McCann's dreams under control.
Ricardo Paiva is a sworn inspector. What else ?

Maybe Kate hadn't told Gerry about her dream? But why not start a new thread on Paiva, that could certainly be an interesting exercise in speculation.

ETA Also, was dream interpretation part of Paiva's general job description within the PJ, or was that just a hobby he spent his free time pursuing?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:53:49 PM by Mrs. B »

Redblossom

KM writes in her book, she never dreamt of Madeleine until September 1st

Must all have been in Mr Paivas imagination I guess.
 >@@(*&)

ETA

From the diaries, in July, same time as Paiva said he got the call (probably refers to Krugel)

WEDNESDAY, JULY 18: It was suggested that Madeleine is dead and buried in an area close to the beach, behind the cliff.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:06:55 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Eleanor

If The PJ had found something then I might have sat up and taken notice.  But there was nothing there.

Offline faithlilly

Maybe Kate hadn't told Gerry about her dream? But why not start a new thread on Paiva, that could certainly be an interesting exercise in speculation.

ETA Also, was dream interpretation part of Paiva's general job description within the PJ, or was that just a hobby he spent his free time pursuing?

If you want to start a new thread on Paiva then feel free Mrs B.

Are you aware that Paiva didn't interpret the dream ?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mrs. B

Ah, too late, I see one thread has already turned into a thread about Paiva, & yes, Paiva DID try to interpret Kate's dream, he tried to interpret the meaning of the dream as a confession by Kate, which obviously it wasn't. So maybe he should have stuck to doing police work instead.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:28:08 AM by Mrs. B »

Offline faithlilly

Once Paiva had given evidence Kate would have had ample time to tell Gerry that, yes, she had called Pavia about her dream and it is nonsensical to think that isn't what happened. That Gerry then denied that the dream had ever happened means that someone is being less than honest, the question is who ?

Offline Mo Stache

How utterly desparate of the police to use a dream Kate had as a "turning point" in the hunt for evidence against the parents. Since when is dream interpretation an investigative tool in police work? 

Offline faithlilly

Ah, too late, I see one thread has already turned into a thread about Carana, & yes, Paiva DID try to interpret Kate's dream, he tried to interpret the meaning of the dream as a confession by Kate, which obviously it wasn't. So maybe he should have stuck to doing police work instead.

Kate is alleged to have said that she had dreamt that Madeleine was on a hill and that the PJ should search for her there. No interpretation needed really, is there ?

Offline faithlilly

How utterly desparate of the police to use a dream Kate had as a "turning point" in the hunt for evidence against the parents. Since when is dream interpretation an investigative tool in police work?

You obviously don't know much about police investigations Mrs B.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
During the McCanns attempt to have Amaral's book banned Ricardo Paiva gave evidence of a telephone call made by Kate, while Gerry was absent, relating a dream she had had in which her daughters's body was buried on a hillside in PDL.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6977977/Madeleine-McCann-mothers-dream-was-turning-point-in-investigation-court-hears.html

Of course Gerry, in front of the world's press, denied that Kate had ever had such a dream or that something must have been lost in translation ( unlikely as Paiva spoke perfect English).

What are we to make of this episode ?

Did Kate keep the phonecall from Gerry and, if so, why ?

You state,  "Gerry, in front of the world's press, denied that Kate had ever had such a dream"

Then contradict yourself, by asking "Did Kate keep the phonecall from Gerry and, if so, why?"

If as you say Gerry lied, in front of the world's press,surely you have a cite for that, lie.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:59:19 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Mo Stache

Once Paiva had given evidence Kate would have had ample time to tell Gerry that, yes, she had called Pavia about her dream and it is nonsensical to think that isn't what happened. That Gerry then denied that the dream had ever happened means that someone is being less than honest, the question is who ?
I have read that article twice and can't see any mentions of Gerry denying that the dream ever happened. Can you please provide the quote/statement, as I currently don't see it. Thank you.