You need to tell amaral because all he has been doing is trying to prove his thesis in court...you are wrong
Unless there are masses of mistranslations in Amarals book - it is full of lies, lies by omission, and spiteful innuendo which can easily be proved by comparing his versions of events with the files. .
I believe'' innuendo'' is considered libellous in this country - whether it is in Portugal I don't know.
Also IMO the fact that he deliberately misleads his readers into believing they are reading a first hand account is also extremely dishonest.
IMO the book can be proved to be libellous, but I don't see how it can be proved that it harmed the search for Madeline as how can you quantify that?
IMO the McCanns would be content just to have the book declared as libellous and are not bothered about any compensation. The only reason they asked for £1,000,000 is because that is the estimated profit Amaral made and they object to him making a penny out of their daughter. I can fully understand that.
Personally I find the whole Portuguese legal system totally bewildering and after seeing what happened in the Ciipriano case have very little faith that justice will be done in this case.