Author Topic: A charity/endowment in memory of June and Nevill Bamber  (Read 621 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

• Senior Moderator
  • Bamber Campaign For Freedom, How Can I Help?!
A charity/endowment in memory of June and Nevill Bamber
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »
The total value of Nevill and June Bamber's estate was said to be 435k as per CoA doc:

20. The Bamber family had interests in other farming properties in the area and also in the Osea Road Caravan site which was owned jointly by June Bamber, her sister Pamela Boutflour, Ann Eaton (June's niece) and the appellant. The value of the joint estate which the appellant stood to inherit after the killings was some 435,000

I assume this was the gross figure and the net figure significantly lower since capital tax (now known as inheritance tax) was payable on anything over 67k at 40% in the tax year 85/86.  Certain reliefs are allowable eg agricultural land and shares in certain types of companies.  In any event a significant amount of money would be left.  It has never been clear to me how much tax was paid, how it was raised (its payable before probate is granted) when it was paid and by whom.  Also I have never understood who got what.  I understand there was much disagreement between the interested parties:  Boutflours/Eatons V Pargeters.

Had the tragedy at WHF not occurred the relatives would not have benefited financially save for small bequests eg I think June left AE 100.

June and her family had long connections with the area.  Both June and NB were considered pillars of the local community.  Both were church wardens.  June took an active role in local fund raising events eg fetes and I believe other charity work eg calling on the elderly.  NB was a local magistrate on the Witham bench.  Given this background, the enormity of the tragedy and the fact that the motivation for the crime was said to be in part JB's greed would it not have been more appropriate for the relatives to have set up a charity or endowment in memory of June and NB using the proceeds of their estate perhaps to benefit the local community?

As far as I am aware the only memorials are a plaque and light within the church?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:59:34 AM by Holly Goodhead »
Justice for Sheila and Jeremy. Victims of poorly arranged baby scoop era adoptions. Australia has apologised. Time for the UK to do the same?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVbokTpYeg http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/92

Offline Stephanie

• I was conned by Simon Hall & many others
Re: A charity/endowment in memory of June and Nevill Bamber
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »
The total value of Nevill and June Bamber's estate was said to be 435k as per CoA doc:

20. The Bamber family had interests in other farming properties in the area and also in the Osea Road Caravan site which was owned jointly by June Bamber, her sister Pamela Boutflour, Ann Eaton (June's niece) and the appellant. The value of the joint estate which the appellant stood to inherit after the killings was some 435,000

I assume this was the gross figure and the net figure significantly lower since capital tax (now known as inheritance tax) was payable on anything over 67k at 40% in the tax year 85/86.  Certain reliefs are allowable eg agricultural land and shares in certain types of companies.  In any event a significant amount of money would be left.  It has never been clear to me how much tax was paid, how it was raised (its payable before probate is granted) when it was paid and by whom.  Also I have never understood who got what.  I understand there was much disagreement between the interested parties:  Boutflours/Eatons V Pargeters.

Had the tragedy at WHF not occurred the relatives would not have benefited financially save for small bequests eg I think June left AE 100.

June and her family had long connections with the area.  Both June and NB were considered pillars of the local community.  Both were church wardens.  June took an active role in local fund raising events eg fetes and I believe other charity work eg calling on the elderly.  NB was a local magistrate on the Witham bench.  Given this background, the enormity of the tragedy and the fact that the motivation for the crime was said to be in part JB's greed would it not have been more appropriate for the relatives to have set up a charity or endowment in memory of June and NB using the proceeds of their estate perhaps to benefit the local community?

As far as I am aware the only memorials are a plaque and light within the church?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/ea-life/farming-feature-janie-s-childhood-idyll-at-osea-remains-a-magical-place-1-2885047
"When flying monkeys come calling, just click your ruby slippers together and remember that even narcs can be defeated once you know the truth"