Author Topic: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".  (Read 259243 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »
There were only ever three TV programmes on the main channels that discussed the case impartially, and there's a lot none of those programmes mentioned. So it is possible to make one that isn't libelous which says things that may be new to people.

Problem for SP may be her film has been so hyped by now that kind of programme may not be enough for her supporters.

I doubt it will be.  Her supporters want definitive proof, which they ain't going to get.  But at least it is keeping us all going for the time being.

Offline Anna

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #316 on: January 02, 2015, 09:15:58 PM »
Everything has been done, down to the last nit picking detail.  We've just forgotten most of it.  So this could be a walk down memory lane.

She is also doing this for BL, So I think a lot of it will be coming from that side.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #317 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35:48 PM »
She is also doing this for BL, So I think a lot of it will be coming from that side.

I wish I believed that, Anna.  But sadly I don't think she is doing it for Brenda. 
I feel desperately sorry for the fact that Brenda Leyland was first attacked by some of the people who supposedly supported her Tweets and FaceBook offerings, but then left her to cope without any support at all.  And Sonia Poulton piling in now and raking it all up isn't going to help Brenda's family at all.

Offline Anna

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #318 on: January 02, 2015, 09:42:23 PM »
I wish I believed that, Anna.  But sadly I don't think she is doing it for Brenda. 
I feel desperately sorry for the fact that Brenda Leyland was first attacked by some of the people who supposedly supported her Tweets and FaceBook offerings, but then left her to cope without any support at all.  And Sonia Poulton piling in now and raking it all up isn't going to help Brenda's family at all.

As you know Eleanor, I too feel for her family. They must be wishing, that it will all just stop.
I don't think it will soon, though!
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline faithlilly

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
I wish I believed that, Anna.  But sadly I don't think she is doing it for Brenda. 
I feel desperately sorry for the fact that Brenda Leyland was first attacked by some of the people who supposedly supported her Tweets and FaceBook offerings, but then left her to cope without any support at all.  And Sonia Poulton piling in now and raking it all up isn't going to help Brenda's family at all.

The tweets from supporters who were stalking her long before her door stepping by Brunt are well documented and no revisionist nonsense can change that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #320 on: January 02, 2015, 10:20:32 PM »
As you know Eleanor, I too feel for her family. They must be wishing, that it will all just stop.
I don't think it will soon, though!

No, I don't think it will either.  I just don't understand what Sonia Poulton thinks she is going to accomplish.

No one is actually being deprived of their right to express an opinion, often even when it is libellous or threatening.  No one is actually shutting up anyone.

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #321 on: January 02, 2015, 10:22:13 PM »
The tweets from supporters who were stalking her long before her door stepping by Brunt are well documented and no revisionist nonsense can change that.

Do you mean McCann Supporters?

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #322 on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:06 PM »
Brenda was being stalked by McCann supporters was she?  Ah well, we'll get all the details in the video I guess (though I won't be holding my breath!)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #323 on: January 02, 2015, 10:45:18 PM »
Do you mean McCann Supporters?

That's what they claim.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #324 on: January 02, 2015, 11:02:26 PM »
That's what they claim.

Sorry, not with you.  I had never heard of Brenda Leyland before all of this tragic incident.  I just don't understand what Sonia Poulton is trying to do.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #325 on: January 02, 2015, 11:20:12 PM »
Sorry, not with you.  I had never heard of Brenda Leyland before all of this tragic incident.  I just don't understand what Sonia Poulton is trying to do.
It's childish tit-for-tat nonsense and nothing more IMO.

Offline Anna

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #326 on: January 02, 2015, 11:23:37 PM »
It's childish tit-for-tat nonsense and nothing more IMO.


I don’t think this video, is worth, getting too excited about.
There is no untold story to be told, that hasn’t been told already.  One would have to be invented IMO.
 
She can’t interview professionals involved, police or witnesses, while there is an investigation going on. Can she?

So where is this legitimate, information going to come from?
Could it be from, Twitters or twits or whatever it is, that they call  themselves and their posts?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2015, 11:29:46 PM »
It's childish tit-for-tat nonsense and nothing more IMO.

Indeed.  But it isn't doing Brenda's family a lot of good.  So what can Sonia Poulton hope to achieve?  She won't further her career, if that's what she thinks.

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #328 on: January 02, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »

I don’t think this video, is worth, getting too excited about.
There is no untold story to be told, that hasn’t been told already.  One would have to be invented IMO.
 
She can’t interview professionals involved, police or witnesses, while there is an investigation going on. Can she?

So where is this legitimate, information going to come from?
Could it be from, Twitters or twits or whatever it is, that they call  themselves and their posts?

Desperation is the mother of invention.  And we have seen a lot of that.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:53 PM »
She's said what it's about (partly): the media's treatment of this case.

But you could get a hundred different papers from a hundred people on that subject.

Very few of them mentioning lawyers I expect.