Author Topic: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".  (Read 259291 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #525 on: January 16, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »
Sonia Poulton has already stated that she doesn't care if this ends her "Journalistic Career", which is probably a good thing.
that's a bit reckless.  This video certainly won't be the making of her, and could end up destroying her career and bankrupting her into the bargain - oh well, I'm sure she knows what she's doing, just like Bennett knew what he was doing. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #526 on: January 16, 2015, 06:17:55 PM »


Do you not think that having it all on here in one thread showing both sides, is much better than bits all over the place.

On saying that, however, I do believe that she has her own webpage/blog. How informative that is, I do not know.

And I agree that there seems to be very little  information anywhere about her forthcoming video documentary, on the web, except for forums.

Sorry Anna we may have been at cross purposes here.
If one Googles the whole bit about Sonia Poulton and the video, the top result is this thread. I find it odd "we" are the top result; either not much is going on or it is "top secret" (hardly likely). Her webpage reveals next to nothing. Oh well no doubt we will find out in about eight to ten weeks. I can scarcely wait!
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Anna

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Sorry Anna we may have been at cross purposes here.
If one Googles the whole bit about Sonia Poulton and the video, the top result is this thread. I find it odd "we" are the top result; either not much is going on or it is "top secret" (hardly likely). Her webpage reveals next to nothing. Oh well no doubt we will find out in about eight to ten weeks. I can scarcely wait!

Yes, I hope it is worth the waiting, too, Alice.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #528 on: January 16, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »
Sonia Poulton has already stated that she doesn't care if this ends her "Journalistic Career", which is probably a good thing.

Easy to say that months before you release the thing. Hall certainly didn't throw caution to the wind, and I wouldn't expect Sonia too either. But the history shows us that a great many believe what happens in the Lisbon courts has implications for London, when it really doesn't (I think). I guess they may make that mistake again (assuming things turn out as they hope in Lisbon).

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #529 on: January 16, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
Easy to say that months before you release the thing. Hall certainly didn't throw caution to the wind, and I wouldn't expect Sonia too either. But the history shows us that a great many believe what happens in the Lisbon courts has implications for London, when it really doesn't (I think). I guess they may make that mistake again (assuming things turn out as they hope in Lisbon).

what happens in Lisbon has no implications for London

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #530 on: January 16, 2015, 06:46:59 PM »
what happens in Lisbon has no implications for London

We're not lawyers. EU law is obviously the same, but UK and Portuguese law different.

But in any case in London you do definitely have make some effort at least to be balanced, and I can't see the people Sonia has been communicating with being in the mood to do that. Hopefully she has got other advice also.

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #531 on: January 16, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
Easy to say that months before you release the thing. Hall certainly didn't throw caution to the wind, and I wouldn't expect Sonia too either. But the history shows us that a great many believe what happens in the Lisbon courts has implications for London, when it really doesn't (I think). I guess they may make that mistake again (assuming things turn out as they hope in Lisbon).

I think you might be right.  What she is doing at the moment could well be all hype just to get noticed.  A screeching harridan she might be, but I don't think she is stupid.

But why would Sonia Poulton think that what happens in Lisbon would affect London?  Who in London, do you think?

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #532 on: January 16, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »
I think you might be right.  What she is doing at the moment could well be all hype just to get noticed.  A screeching harridan she might be, but I don't think she is stupid.

But why would Sonia Poulton think that what happens in Lisbon would affect London?  Who in London, do you think?

I mean the courts in London. The people running the biggest forum discussing the case definitely thought that every time things went well for Mr Amaral they could go a bit further ignoring the court order and libel considerations over here. Even after Judge T told us no you can't some may still believe it.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #533 on: January 16, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »
We're not lawyers. EU law is obviously the same, but UK and Portuguese law different.

But in any case in London you do definitely have make some effort at least to be balanced, and I can't see the people Sonia has been communicating with being in the mood to do that. Hopefully she has got other advice also.

I don't have to be  a  lawyer to understand UK libel law...being balanced is neither here nor there

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #534 on: January 16, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »
I mean the courts in London. The people running the biggest forum discussing the case definitely thought that every time things went well for Mr Amaral they could go a bit further ignoring the court order and libel considerations over here. Even after Judge T told us no you can't some may still believe it.
Doesn't this tell you something about the intelligence and common sense of the people running the biggest forum discussing the case?

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #535 on: January 16, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
I don't have to be  a  lawyer to understand UK libel law...being balanced is neither here nor there

It is. Judge T told us so.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #536 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:38 PM »
Doesn't this tell you something about the intelligence and common sense of the people running the biggest forum discussing the case?

 &%+((£ Maybe.

Online Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #537 on: January 16, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »
I mean the courts in London. The people running the biggest forum discussing the case definitely thought that every time things went well for Mr Amaral they could go a bit further ignoring the court order and libel considerations over here. Even after Judge T told us no you can't some may still believe it.

Ah, yes, I see.  But they are mostly rabid anti Poulton, so they are going to tear her video to pieces, no matter what she says.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #538 on: January 16, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »
Ah, yes, I see.  But they are mostly rabid anti Poulton, so they are going to tear her video to pieces, no matter what she says.

I know, relationships are different now but remember in Feb 2013 the people now advising Sonia were saying Je suis Tony, and they were encouraging him before the court decision. Philosophies and shared beliefs were a lot closer then.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #539 on: January 16, 2015, 07:39:14 PM »
It is. Judge T told us so.

It isn't you must have misunderstood....perhaps you can provide a link....doesn't matter if it is balanced as Bennet found out...if one sentence is libellous....then it's libel