Author Topic: Lookout from the Jeremy Bamber forum.  (Read 19530 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Lookout from the Jeremy Bamber forum.
« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
I don't think MG was so specific about that Holly, only something about the investigation being below standard on the finding of the silencer about 13:00 minutes in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2CjYDJGTo

Also note that SM who was so gushing about a potential miscarriage has now parted company with JB and the campaign team... nuff said!

And don't you knock Sweden, or ABBA (they wrote some good toons and had two hotties), or IKEA (I have a few items although I got lost trying to find my way out), or Saab (nearly bought one once because it had a revolutionary heated driver's seat... you know what they say - "Warm goolies, Warm heart"... or I think that's how the saying goes). As for pickled herring, I guess it's a favourite dish of the the residents of HMP Wakefield...

I don't believe there was any big fall out between SM and JB.   He has since qualified as a barrister and if I had my way he would be back representing JB again.   

Offline Caroline

« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2018, 10:13:32 AM »
I don't believe there was any big fall out between SM and JB.   He has since qualified as a barrister and if I had my way he would be back representing JB again.   

They clearly had difference over where the case should go.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
They clearly had difference over where the case should go.

I don't have any evidence to support the above but you may well be right.  When I was communicating regularly with JB I found his ideas about his case seemed to follow the same themes we hear from the likes of Mike, CT et al all of which would be enough to drive the most patient lawyer stir crazy! 

As can be evidenced by debates on the forums its a time consuming business ironing out all the details and no matter how skilled a lawyer is there are no shortcuts.   JB has no income/capital and isn't eligible for any sort of legal aid until such time as his case is referred to CoA.  SM and any lawyer who agrees to take on JB's case will need to do so pro bono unless individual(s) can fund privately.

I understand when SM was representing JB his children were still very much dependent and he has obviously had to take time out to qualify as a barrister in addition to earning a living so it doesn't leave much time to act pro bono for JB.  Maybe it was just a personal/commercial decision he had to make.   

Offline Caroline

« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2018, 05:36:29 AM »
I don't have any evidence to support the above but you may well be right.  When I was communicating regularly with JB I found his ideas about his case seemed to follow the same themes we hear from the likes of Mike, CT et al all of which would be enough to drive the most patient lawyer stir crazy!

As can be evidenced by debates on the forums its a time consuming business ironing out all the details and no matter how skilled a lawyer is there are no shortcuts.   JB has no income/capital and isn't eligible for any sort of legal aid until such time as his case is referred to CoA.  SM and any lawyer who agrees to take on JB's case will need to do so pro bono unless individual(s) can fund privately.

I understand when SM was representing JB his children were still very much dependent and he has obviously had to take time out to qualify as a barrister in addition to earning a living so it doesn't leave much time to act pro bono for JB.  Maybe it was just a personal/commercial decision he had to make.

This was also my experience and I am sure it's still happening. Reading the documentation from the last submissions, there would seem to be lots that SM didn't use - no doubt that was the stuff that Jeremy (and the CT)  wanted to have included which would have just not made the grade.