Author Topic: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?  (Read 118835 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »
so are you, a moderator of this forum, stating as fact that the McCanns are liars?

Perish the thought !! I'm sure insider is only suggesting that having stated the fund to help look for Madeleine they found that, for the search's sake, it was much more important to convince people they weren't fibbing and how else could they do that than sue everyone who disagreed. It was a natural progression I'm sure you'll agree ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »
Perish the thought !! I'm sure insider is only suggesting that having stated the fund to help look for Madeleine they found that, for the search's sake, it was much more important to convince people they weren't fibbing and how else could they do that than sue everyone who disagreed. It was a natural progression I'm sure you'll agree ?
Very droll.  Now let's wait for Insider's answer, which should be a bit more interesting than yours, however he or she seems to have scarpered now....

Offline insider

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #467 on: October 11, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »
so are you, a moderator of this forum, stating as fact that the McCanns are liars?

They did though didn't they and mores to the point by their own admission.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:11:32 PM by insider »
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #468 on: October 11, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »
They did though didn't they and mores to the point by their own admission.
Just so we're clear - a moderator of this forum is impugning the McCanns which is against forum rules. 

Offline insider

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #469 on: October 11, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »
Just so we're clear - a moderator of this forum is impugning the McCanns which is against forum rules.

Why don't you get over yourself Alfred.  Kate admitted to lieing in her book, I'm just reminding you of it.

eta. If what I state is incorrect in your opinion I await your rebut.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:32:50 PM by insider »
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline insider

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #470 on: October 11, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »
Has Alfred gone off to consult the book per chance?
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #471 on: October 11, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
Why don't you get over yourself Alfred.  Kate admitted to lieing in her book, I'm just reminding you of it.

eta. If what I state is incorrect in your opinion I await your rebut.

I think it would be relevant to keep in mind that Dr McCann does not have a criminal conviction on the strength of it, nor would the alleged 'lie' have been actionable anyway.

However I don't think it is in any way commensurate with the campaigns of opprobrium directed at her.  It would appear to me to be more of an accusation than an alternative point of view.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #472 on: October 11, 2015, 05:45:03 PM »
Has Alfred gone off to consult the book per chance?

Don't use that word - it upsets the faithful   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline mercury

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #473 on: October 11, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »
I think it would be relevant to keep in mind that Dr McCann does not have a criminal conviction on the strength of it, nor would the alleged 'lie' have been actionable anyway.

However I don't think it is in any way commensurate with the campaigns of opprobrium directed at her.  It would appear to me to be more of an accusation than an alternative point of view.

Deciding for oneself if someone seems or is  trustworthy or not has zilch to do with the law

Your incessant use of the word campaigns is puzzling...there may be a couple of them that come to mind, which arguably fit the description, just, but IMO the vast majority of commentators on this cold case are just that, single commentators, with no strategy or goal

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:12:46 PM by mercury »

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #474 on: October 11, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »
Deciding for oneself if someone seems or is  trustworthy or not has zilch to do with the law

Your incessant use of the word campaigns is puzzling...there may be a couple of them that come to mind, which arguably fit the description, just, but IMO the vast majority of commentators on this cold case are just that, single commentators

Brietta used the word for one of two reasons.

Either she can't understand why people don't believe the mccanns, or she is here merely to defend them.

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #475 on: October 11, 2015, 06:19:29 PM »
Don't use that word - it upsets the faithful   @)(++(*

Not at all ... however it seems apparent that the what might upset the "faithful" doesn't appear to carry the weight of things that upset the faithless.

Again the use of "that word" while telling me volumes about the user ... is a very, very mild jeer in the oceans of alternative points of view directed at the Drs McCann and their campaign for Madeleine.

The use of the word "book" is almost as good a pointer as is how one pronounces "H" on the streets of Belfast.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline insider

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #476 on: October 11, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
Don't use that word - it upsets the faithful   @)(++(*

It was first used by redblossom many moons ago and appears to have stuck with me.  I can't think why  &%+((£
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline mercury

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #477 on: October 11, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »
Brietta used the word for one of two reasons.

Either she can't understand why people don't believe the mccanns, or she is here merely to defend them.

She can understand I'm sure as she is far from stupid, but can't stand that some don't believe them, rightly or wrongly, but honestly, and her attack on everyone who doesn't in some of the vilest of ways is my problem with her and a couple others in here

Its IMO very disingenuous plus also smacks of ther own "campaign"


Offline insider

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #478 on: October 11, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »
I think it would be relevant to keep in mind that Dr McCann does not have a criminal conviction on the strength of it, nor would the alleged 'lie' have been actionable anyway.

However I don't think it is in any way commensurate with the campaigns of opprobrium directed at her.  It would appear to me to be more of an accusation than an alternative point of view.

Yes I agree, neither McCann parents have a criminal conviction.  Telling the odd fib is not beyond anyone though.
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #479 on: October 11, 2015, 06:25:37 PM »
Cut the insults now, please.  They will be deleted.