Author Topic: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?  (Read 118815 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2015, 08:37:34 AM »
dear me, you really don't have a sense of humour do you?  Talk about too sensitive..

More insults? It sounds like the typical excuse used by bullies to me; 'I was only having a laugh'. Unlike the McCanns I'm not too sensitive, I don't care what you say because it's all wrong. I will point out when you break the rules by making personal attacks though. I'm also unlike the Mccanns in that I don't run away from unpleasant people who call me names. I won't retaliate in kind because I respect the rules of the forum and the hard work people do behind the scenes to keep it online.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2015, 08:37:59 AM »
OK, it seems that I am wrong, and it is permissable to say on this forum that the McCanns lied about the Fund, so fill your boots folks!

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2015, 08:42:19 AM »
More insults? It sounds like the typical excuse used by bullies to me; 'I was only having a laugh'. Unlike the McCanns I'm not too sensitive, I don't care what you say because it's all wrong. I will point out when you break the rules by making personal attacks though. I'm also unlike the Mccanns in that I don't run away from unpleasant people who call me names. I won't retaliate in kind because I respect the rules of the forum and the hard work people do behind the scenes to keep it online.

 8@??)( i agree  g unit

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
More insults? It sounds like the typical excuse used by bullies to me; 'I was only having a laugh'. Unlike the McCanns I'm not too sensitive, I don't care what you say because it's all wrong. I will point out when you break the rules by making personal attacks though. I'm also unlike the Mccanns in that I don't run away from unpleasant people who call me names. I won't retaliate in kind because I respect the rules of the forum and the hard work people do behind the scenes to keep it online.
OH dear. it strikes me that you really are rather over-sensitive, if it is OK to say this about the McCanns then why can't I say it about you?  of course I knew that you weren't really admitting to the things I had written about you but because of the way you had repeated them using the "I" pronoun, and did not put quote marks around them it could have been read as an admission on your part.  I was yanking your chain, silly (oops another shocking insult, I do apologise!). As was said to me the other day, lighten up!

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2015, 08:43:19 AM »
OK, it seems that I am wrong, and it is permissable to say on this forum that the McCanns lied about the Fund, so fill your boots folks!

can  you prove they didnt lie?  no you cant

Offline Eleanor

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #515 on: October 12, 2015, 08:46:26 AM »

This Thread is not about whether or not The McCanns lied.  Saying that they did is Libel.

So let's get back On Topic.

Offline jassi

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #516 on: October 12, 2015, 08:49:23 AM »
@)(++(*  Better tell that to the forum owner then and see if you can get the rules changed.

Why should I wish to change the rules?

The administrator will make decisions to safeguard the existence of the forum. He may well air on the side of caution rather than risk the wrath of the likes of Carter Ruck.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #517 on: October 12, 2015, 08:54:02 AM »
It was me who replied to say you were not there....

(something gone wrong here)

My apols - I was in a rush as family were due at any moment - and didn't notice that it wasn't Faith who had answered my post to her.   Sorry about that.



The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #518 on: October 12, 2015, 09:10:29 AM »
OH dear. it strikes me that you really are rather over-sensitive, if it is OK to say this about the McCanns then why can't I say it about you?  of course I knew that you weren't really admitting to the things I had written about you but because of the way you had repeated them using the "I" pronoun, and did not put quote marks around them it could have been read as an admission on your part.  I was yanking your chain, silly (oops another shocking insult, I do apologise!). As was said to me the other day, lighten up!

That would be because you are on a forum with rules which you have broken. I don't see it as being over sensitive to point that out. Unlike the McCanns I will stand my ground because I don't care about your opinions. Your behaviour reminds me of bullies, who often try to excuse themselves by saying they were only joking.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #519 on: October 12, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
That would be because you are on a forum with rules which you have broken. I don't see it as being over sensitive to point that out. Unlike the McCanns I will stand my ground because I don't care about your opinions. Your behaviour reminds me of bullies, who often try to excuse themselves by saying they were only joking.

Last time someone was accusing someone of passive aggressive behaviour, I found this.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/passive-aggressive-diaries/201011/10-things-passive-aggressive-people-say

Probably things all members should try and avoid.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
just for  everyone

1. "I'm not mad."

Denying feelings of anger is classic passive aggressive behavior. Rather than being upfront and honest when questioned about his feelings, the passive aggressive person insists, "I'm not mad" even when he or she is seething on the inside.

2. "Fine." "Whatever."

Sulking and withdrawing from arguments are primary strategies of the passive aggressive person. Since passive aggression is motivated by a person's belief that expressing anger directly will only make his life worse (Long, Long & Whitson, 2008), the passive aggressive person uses phrases like "Fine" and "Whatever" to express anger indirectly and to shut down direct, emotionally honest communication.

3. "I'm coming!"

Passive aggressive persons are known for verbally complying with a request, but behaviorally delaying its completion. If whenever you ask your child to clean his room, he cheerfully says, "Okay, I'm coming," but then fails to show up to complete the chore, chances are he is practicing the fine passive aggressive art of temporary compliance.

4. "I didn't know you meant now."

On a related note, passive aggressive persons are master procrastinators. While all of us like to put off unpleasant tasks from time to time, people with passive aggressive personalities rely on procrastination as a way of frustrating others and/or getting out of certain chores without having to directly refuse them.

5. "You just want everything to be perfect."

When procrastination is not an option, a more sophisticated passive aggressive strategy is to carry out tasks in a timely, but unacceptable manner. For example:

    A student hands in sloppy homework.
    An individual prepares a well-done steak for his or her spouse wife, knowing the spouse prefers to eat steak rare.
    An employee dramatically overspends the budget on an important project.

In all of these instances, the passive aggressive person complies with a particular request, but carries it out in an intentionally inefficient way. When confronted, he or she defends the work, counter-accusing others of having rigid or perfectionist standards.

6. "I thought you knew."

Sometimes, the perfect passive aggressive crime has to do with omission. Passive aggressive persons may express their anger covertly by choosing not to share information when it could prevent a problem. By claiming ignorance, the person defends inaction, while taking pleasure in a foe's trouble and anguish.

7. "Sure, I'd be happy to."

Have you ever been in a customer service situation where a seemingly concerned clerk or super-polite phone operator assures you that your problem will be solved. On the surface, the representative is cooperative, but beware of the angry smile; behind the scenes, he or she is filing your request in the trash and stamping your paperwork with "DENY."

8. "You've done so well for someone with your education level."

The backhanded compliment is the ultimate socially acceptable means by which the passive aggressive person insults you to your core. If anyone has ever told you, "Don't worry; you can still get braces, even at your age" or, "There are a lot of men out there who like plump women," chances are you know how much "joy" a passive aggressive compliment can bring.

9. "I was only joking"

Like backhanded compliments, sarcasm is a common tool of a passive aggressive person who expresses hostility aloud, but in socially acceptable, indirect ways. If you show that you are offended by biting, passive aggressive sarcasm, the hostile joke teller plays up his or her role as victim, asking, "Can't you take a joke?"

10. "Why are you getting so upset?"

The passive aggressive person is a master at maintaining calm and feigning shock when others, worn down by his or her indirect hostility, blow up in anger. In fact, the person takes pleasure out of setting others up to lose their cool and then questioning their "overreactions."

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2015, 09:48:35 AM »
just for  everyone

1. "I'm not mad."

Denying feelings of anger is classic passive aggressive behavior. Rather than being upfront and honest when questioned about his feelings, the passive aggressive person insists, "I'm not mad" even when he or she is seething on the inside.

2. "Fine." "Whatever."

Sulking and withdrawing from arguments are primary strategies of the passive aggressive person. Since passive aggression is motivated by a person's belief that expressing anger directly will only make his life worse (Long, Long & Whitson, 2008), the passive aggressive person uses phrases like "Fine" and "Whatever" to express anger indirectly and to shut down direct, emotionally honest communication.

3. "I'm coming!"

Passive aggressive persons are known for verbally complying with a request, but behaviorally delaying its completion. If whenever you ask your child to clean his room, he cheerfully says, "Okay, I'm coming," but then fails to show up to complete the chore, chances are he is practicing the fine passive aggressive art of temporary compliance.

4. "I didn't know you meant now."

On a related note, passive aggressive persons are master procrastinators. While all of us like to put off unpleasant tasks from time to time, people with passive aggressive personalities rely on procrastination as a way of frustrating others and/or getting out of certain chores without having to directly refuse them.

5. "You just want everything to be perfect."

When procrastination is not an option, a more sophisticated passive aggressive strategy is to carry out tasks in a timely, but unacceptable manner. For example:

    A student hands in sloppy homework.
    An individual prepares a well-done steak for his or her spouse wife, knowing the spouse prefers to eat steak rare.
    An employee dramatically overspends the budget on an important project.

In all of these instances, the passive aggressive person complies with a particular request, but carries it out in an intentionally inefficient way. When confronted, he or she defends the work, counter-accusing others of having rigid or perfectionist standards.

6. "I thought you knew."

Sometimes, the perfect passive aggressive crime has to do with omission. Passive aggressive persons may express their anger covertly by choosing not to share information when it could prevent a problem. By claiming ignorance, the person defends inaction, while taking pleasure in a foe's trouble and anguish.

7. "Sure, I'd be happy to."

Have you ever been in a customer service situation where a seemingly concerned clerk or super-polite phone operator assures you that your problem will be solved. On the surface, the representative is cooperative, but beware of the angry smile; behind the scenes, he or she is filing your request in the trash and stamping your paperwork with "DENY."

8. "You've done so well for someone with your education level."

The backhanded compliment is the ultimate socially acceptable means by which the passive aggressive person insults you to your core. If anyone has ever told you, "Don't worry; you can still get braces, even at your age" or, "There are a lot of men out there who like plump women," chances are you know how much "joy" a passive aggressive compliment can bring.

9. "I was only joking"

Like backhanded compliments, sarcasm is a common tool of a passive aggressive person who expresses hostility aloud, but in socially acceptable, indirect ways. If you show that you are offended by biting, passive aggressive sarcasm, the hostile joke teller plays up his or her role as victim, asking, "Can't you take a joke?"

10. "Why are you getting so upset?"

The passive aggressive person is a master at maintaining calm and feigning shock when others, worn down by his or her indirect hostility, blow up in anger. In fact, the person takes pleasure out of setting others up to lose their cool and then questioning their "overreactions."


So anyone who has ever said ....  'I'm only joking' ... is a bully?   Good grief!

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #522 on: October 12, 2015, 10:02:46 AM »
So anyone who has ever said ....  'I'm only joking' ... is a bully?   Good grief!

The author has also written about ...
Using Technology and Social Media Ethically ... http://signewhitson.com/books/bullying-in-elementary-school/

That might be something which could be of use for the participants in organised bullying campaigns to peruse.
Particularly as the target audience is adolescent.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #523 on: October 12, 2015, 10:13:07 AM »
The author has also written about ...
Using Technology and Social Media Ethically ... http://signewhitson.com/books/bullying-in-elementary-school/

That might be something which could be of use for the participants in organised bullying campaigns to peruse.
Particularly as the target audience is adolescent.

'target audience is adolescent.'

I can think of a certain book which could come under that heading. 8)--))

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #524 on: October 12, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
So anyone who has ever said ....  'I'm only joking' ... is a bully?   Good grief!

Who said that? No-one! it is a common tactic of bullies who have been exposed to excuse themselves with such phrases as 'I was only joking' and 'I was only teasing' when their behaviour was clearly malicious and not funny in the slightest. Most people understand how that works.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0