Author Topic: Did Gonšalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?  (Read 24704 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Gonšalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
Repetition of erroneous conclusions whatever one's motivation or justification may very well constitute dissemination of libel as far as British Courts are concerned.

However, whatever the legal position may be there must surely be an honourable position with regard to reiterating the content of a flawed and mistaken thesis.

Quite often members sail very close to the wind while discussing an individual's train of thought at a particular time ... it is also worth remembering that as the case co-ordinator Goncalo Amaral may very well have been directing the course the investigation was taking.
The misdirection of which may very well have been at least one of the issues which obliged his removal from the case.

We should also be careful when making libellous post making assumptions of reasons why GA was removed from the case
It is a lack of contrition that makes a person who has done wrong fixate on being proven blameless.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
Calpol is not a sedative
Children cannot die from falling off a sofa
Disproved very easily

Which side of the sofa?
It is a lack of contrition that makes a person who has done wrong fixate on being proven blameless.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 08:09:59 PM »
It is out of date news now and any intelligent person realises amaral got most of the important points wrong
Unfortunately some still think his summation of the evidence is correct

You seem very fond of the word 'intelligence'. Have we had your definition as a matter of interest?
I can speak only for myself, you will need to ask the 'some' the reasons why they hold their alleged views.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:12:53 PM by G-Unit »
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Davel

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 08:13:08 PM »
Which side of the sofa?

You explain how a child could die from falling off a sofa
The whole idea is ridiculous
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Online Davel

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »
You seem very fond of the word 'intelligence'. Have we had your definition as a matter of interest?
I can speak only for myself, you will need to ask the 'some' the reasons why they hold their alleged views.

If you need a definition then you are lacking

I know exactly why some hold their views
Like amaral they do not understand the evidence

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 08:15:10 PM »
You explain how a child could die from falling off a sofa
The whole idea is ridiculous

Why?

Online Davel

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »
Why?

Because of the mechanism of death from a head injury
Because it is not on record as happening before anywhere in the world...ever

Offline Brietta

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 08:17:17 PM »
I have not agreed with the report or with Amaral's conclusions so I fail to see what the problem is. If copying part of the official files onto this thread constitutes libel then so does the copying of chunks of the book onto another thread. There's no difference as far as I can see.

Amaral's book matched the findings and conclusions of the investigation just before he was moved off the case, therefore it can't really be judged in the light of what happened later. Had the court case not occurred it would be old out of date news by now.

If you fail to see the dichotomy that is your concern.  The files cannot be considered libellous as they stand in small part as a record of events although it must be remembered they are an incomplete record and therefore not to be relied upon.  It is misinterpretation of the files whether stated or implied that is problematic regarding defamation. 
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 08:21:45 PM »
Because of the mechanism of death from a head injury
Because it is not on record as happening before anywhere in the world...ever

A) why only a head injury?
B) do you have access to all the worlds records?

Online Davel

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
A) why only a head injury?
B) do you have access to all the worlds records?

We are talking of amarals thesis
Deaths are reported in newspapers

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »
If you need a definition then you are lacking

I know exactly why some hold their views
Like amaral they do not understand the evidence

If you think it's a simple concept easily understood by all I'm afraid it is you who are lacking.

Einstein said, "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." Socrates said, "I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." For centuries, philosophers have tried to pinpoint the true measure of intelligence.
http://bigthink.com/going-mental/what-is-intelligence-2
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 08:27:19 PM »
We are talking of amarals thesis
Deaths are reported in newspapers

He isn't a medical doctor so his terminology is not medical

Not all deaths.

Some light reading...

https://suesspiciousminds.com/2016/05/16/low-level-falls-and-head-injuries/

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »
If you fail to see the dichotomy that is your concern.  The files cannot be considered libellous as they stand in small part as a record of events although it must be remembered they are an incomplete record and therefore not to be relied upon.  It is misinterpretation of the files whether stated or implied that is problematic regarding defamation.

Dichotomy between what? Between the book and the report or between my quoting the files and others quoting the book? I don't follow that, sorry.

If the files cannot be considered libelous then there's no problem if I quote them. I didn't offer an interpretation of the quote I gave so still no problem. I'm glad that's cleared up now.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Davel

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 08:39:14 PM »
He isn't a medical doctor so his terminology is not medical

Not all deaths.

Some light reading...

https://suesspiciousminds.com/2016/05/16/low-level-falls-and-head-injuries/

nothing new here...its about parents trying to pass of head injuries caused by a parent as  a low level fall......low level falls rarely cause an  serious problem...if they do its a subdural haematoma which rarely results in death ...but when it does death is of the order of 24 hrs later...we have been through all this before ...amarals thesis does not hold water...thats why SY are looking for an abductor

stephen25000

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
nothing new here...its about parents trying to pass of head injuries caused by a parent as  a low level fall......low level falls rarely cause an  serious problem...if they do its a subdural haematoma which rarely results in death ...but when it does death is of the order of 24 hrs later...we have been through all this before ...amarals thesis does not hold water...thats why SY are looking for an abductor

We have been through this before and an accident could have happened earlier, e.g. the day before.

As we know, the mccanns left their children by themselves.

Your excuses don't hold weight.

BTW, this post is not goading.