Author Topic: Why did Bamber go from hiding under his cardigan to poser?  (Read 3743 times)

Offline APRIL

Re: Why did Bamber go from hiding under his cardigan to poser?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »
I think there is an element of enjoying the notoriety.  I have him down as an attention seeker who was enjoying what he thought would be his fifteen minutes of fame.  I don't think for a minute he thought the Crown would be able to nail him and he would soon be free to enjoy spending his money because he was too 'smart' to get caught.

He was nearly right in thinking he was going to get away with it ... it was a very close run thing.

Brietta, it was, indeed. Posters talk about his lack of intelligence. Academic he may not have been but he had more than his fair share of cunning. It wouldn't have been by accident had he got away with it. It would have been by design. It was by accident that he didn't.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 08:31:52 AM »

Brietta, it was, indeed. Posters talk about his lack of intelligence. Academic he may not have been but he had more than his fair share of cunning. It wouldn't have been by accident had he got away with it. It would have been by design. It was by accident that he didn't.

Cunning, yes

But not intelligent enough to be so cunning he thought of everything and every eventuality...hence why hed have come unstuck even without Julie

Remember, the police were suspicious of him long before Julie came clean

I dont believe it would have just fizzled out...hed have got caught soon enough
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 08:47:55 AM »

Cunning, yes

But not intelligent enough to be so cunning he thought of everything and every eventuality...hence why hed have come unstuck even without Julie

Remember, the police were suspicious of him long before Julie came clean

I dont believe it would have just fizzled out...hed have got caught soon enough

Without pressure from the relatives, I don't believe police -as a body. What individuals thought was irrelevant- would have changed stance. Taff Jones wasn't a man to be gainsaid. As for Jeremy not being cunning enough to think of everything, who could POSSIBLY have imagined a situation in which they have to make two suicide shots, therefore, how could anything have been done to prevent it when the outcome was largely in the victim's hands. All that was necessary was for her, albeit, inadvertently, to move her head.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »
I think there is an element of enjoying the notoriety.  I have him down as an attention seeker who was enjoying what he thought would be his fifteen minutes of fame.  I don't think for a minute he thought the Crown would be able to nail him and he would soon be free to enjoy spending his money because he was too 'smart' to get caught.

He was nearly right in thinking he was going to get away with it ... it was a very close run thing.

Providing he's guilty, I agree with all of this!