Author Topic: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?  (Read 59502 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

stephen25000

  • Guest
Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
Has hunt for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?

 Just months after police announced extra funding amid reports they were closing in on a suspect, we reveal they made just TWO flights to Portugal last year

Madeleine McCann detectives made just two flights to Portugal last year 

Earlier this year Scotland Yard chief said the investigation was far from over

Mark Rowley revealed new information and 'critical' leads were still coming in

Met Police confirmed in March that Home Office had approved extra funding


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4699346/Has-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-ground-halt.html#ixzz4mvBQz5yD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


So, as I and others predicted, the investigation appears to be going nowhere and grinding to it's inevitable shelving.

I wonder if this ties in to last weeks admission that the McCann's attempt to go to the E.C.H.R. is over ?

95
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:39:23 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:34:28 PM »
Has hunt for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?

 Just months after police announced extra funding amid reports they were closing in on a suspect, we reveal they made just TWO flights to Portugal last year

Madeleine McCann detectives made just two flights to Portugal last year 

Earlier this year Scotland Yard chief said the investigation was far from over

Mark Rowley revealed new information and 'critical' leads were still coming in

Met Police confirmed in March that Home Office had approved extra funding


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4699346/Has-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-ground-halt.html#ixzz4mvBQz5yD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


So, as I and others predicted, the investigation appears to be going nowhere and grinding to it's inevitable shelving.

I wonder if this ties in to last weeks admission that the McCann's attempt to go to the E.C.H.R. is over ?
I think most of us felt it was unlikely that Grange would solve the case but hoped it would give us a better understanding of what happened to Maddie
They have...they believe she was abducted
The case may not be shelved as you think but simply left open
Are you sure SY claimed they were closing in on suspects....more likely just tabloid talk
I don't see this has anything to do with the ECHR

Offline Brietta

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:01:27 PM »
The story seems to have arisen as a result of an answer to a FOI request that DCI Wall has only made two recent trips to Portugal.

So what?

There are Portuguese feet on the ground if that should be required ... and the wonders of modern technology have enabled instant worldwide conferencing and visual communication with other parties.

Madeleine sells papers whether there is anything constructive to say or anything to speculate about.  I'm content to wait and see.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »
In the end, this case will be shelved once more, and at some point, someone is going to have to justify the expenditure.

IMV, the cliche of having one more lead to pursue is looking increasingly ridiculous.

Offline Brietta

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
In the end, this case will be shelved once more, and at some point, someone is going to have to justify the expenditure.

IMV, the cliche of having one more lead to pursue is looking increasingly ridiculous.

Expenditure has been justified throughout the investigation.  I would have expected that initially the impetus concerned the reinstatement of a prematurely concluded search for a missing little girl and the longevity of the case is as a result of following active avenues for investigation which requires no justification.

If Madeleine is not found as a result of the present investigation her case will remain open.  I find nothing at all ridiculous about any aspect of the search for a person missing for a decade apart from the fact that initially no-one was looking for her.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 09:25:56 PM »
Expenditure has been justified throughout the investigation.  I would have expected that initially the impetus concerned the reinstatement of a prematurely concluded search for a missing little girl and the longevity of the case is as a result of following active avenues for investigation which requires no justification.

If Madeleine is not found as a result of the present investigation her case will remain open.  I find nothing at all ridiculous about any aspect of the search for a person missing for a decade apart from the fact that initially no-one was looking for her.

That again is a matter of opinion.

Also, she was looked for by many people, including volunteers.

That she wasn't searched for, is another myth.

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
That again is a matter of opinion.

Also, she was looked for by many people, including volunteers.

That she wasn't searched for, is another myth.
I think there are a lot of people in Luz, in the GNR, in the PJ, in the Maritime Police, in the bombeiros etc. who would take umbrage at the notion she wasn't searched for.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 09:35:01 PM »
I think there are a lot of people in Luz, in the GNR, in the PJ, in the Maritime Police, in the bombeiros etc. who would take umbrage at the notion she wasn't searched for.

Precisely SIL.

I would add it is insulting to the people including, local residents, holidaymakers, ex-pats, police officers , etc., who gave up their time, to search, and not just for a few hours either.

Offline Brietta

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »
That again is a matter of opinion.

Also, she was looked for by many people, including volunteers.

That she wasn't searched for, is another myth.

Apart from the heroic effort put in by her parents, what exactly was happening in Madeleine McCann's case between her case being archived in 2008 and Scotland Yard reopening it in 2013?

There was no active investigation into Madeleine's case or an active search for her being carried out, with the exception of that being paid for by Madeleine's Fund;  that is no myth - that is disgraceful fact.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »
Apart from the heroic effort put in by her parents, what exactly was happening in Madeleine McCann's case between her case being archived in 2008 and Scotland Yard reopening it in 2013?

There was no active investigation into Madeleine's case or an active search for her being carried out, with the exception of that being paid for by Madeleine's Fund;  that is no myth - that is disgraceful fact.
I absolutely agree

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 10:23:24 PM »
Apart from the heroic effort put in by her parents, what exactly was happening in Madeleine McCann's case between her case being archived in 2008 and Scotland Yard reopening it in 2013?

There was no active investigation into Madeleine's case or an active search for her being carried out, with the exception of that being paid for by Madeleine's Fund;  that is no myth - that is disgraceful fact.
What happened was the case was archived due to a lack of ways to take it forward, notably the opportunity of a reconstruction blocked by the T7.

One of the best clips from the 10 year anniversary specials was Clarence Mitchell, when he was describing the use of PIs pre-archival as 'technically' illegal and 'one of the obstacles at the time', or words to that effect.

Your last sentence is an IYO and should be changed to such.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »
Apart from the heroic effort put in by her parents, what exactly was happening in Madeleine McCann's case between her case being archived in 2008 and Scotland Yard reopening it in 2013?

There was no active investigation into Madeleine's case or an active search for her being carried out, with the exception of that being paid for by Madeleine's Fund;  that is no myth - that is disgraceful fact.

What heroic effort ?

That is propaganda.

The last known recorded  physical search for their daughter took place in the early morning of the 4 th May 2007.

Donated money was used to pay a succession of incompetents who achieved nothing.

Tax payers money in the UK and Portugal has been used to pay for investigations, with nothing  achieved.

Offline Brietta

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 11:31:49 PM »
What heroic effort ?

That is propaganda.

The last known recorded  physical search for their daughter took place in the early morning of the 4 th May 2007.

Donated money was used to pay a succession of incompetents who achieved nothing.

Tax payers money in the UK and Portugal has been used to pay for investigations, with nothing  achieved.

 Pedro do Carmo: "Maddie's parents are not suspects. Period."

Journalist:Ten years on about the events at Praia da Luz, why do you think the case is still so much debated?

Pedro do Carmo, deputy director of the Judiciary Police: First, there was a deliberate and legitimate effort on the part of the child's parents to keep the topic on the agenda of the media.
http://expresso.sapo.pt/sociedade/2017-05-03-Pedro-do-Carmo-Os-pais-de-Maddie-nao-sao-suspeitos.-Ponto-1

You may deride in the basest terms the profound influence Madeleine McCann's parents had on the search for her but in a recent interview, the deputy director of the Judiciary Police is rather inclined to give credit where credit is due.

In the same interview he was also at pains to stress that as far as the PJ is concerned the present case is far from concluded.
"We are very demanding with our work. In this case, we are not satisfied and remain committed to resolve the case." Pedro do Carmo

Question to you: is it your opinion that taxpayers' money should not in general be used to pay for investigating crime or is it only in the particular case of the missing child, Madeleine McCann?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 01:16:58 AM »
What happened was the case was archived due to a lack of ways to take it forward, notably the opportunity of a reconstruction blocked by the T7.

One of the best clips from the 10 year anniversary specials was Clarence Mitchell, when he was describing the use of PIs pre-archival as 'technically' illegal and 'one of the obstacles at the time', or words to that effect.

Your last sentence is an IYO and should be changed to such.

Your first sentence is IYO, of course.

The reconstruction should have taken place immediately after Madeleine went missing IMO

But Amaral made all sorts of feeble excuses IMO to prevent that taking place

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Has the search for Madeleine McCann ground to a halt?
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 01:33:08 AM »
Your first sentence is IYO, of course.

The reconstruction should have taken place immediately after Madeleine went missing IMO

But Amaral made all sorts of feeble excuses IMO to prevent that taking place
The first sentence is according to the archiving report.

As to what it would have taken to do a reconstruction in Amaral's time .........

That would be the sealing off of the heart of Luz.

And the co-operation of the T7.   8((()*/
What's up, old man?