UK Justice Forum 🇬🇧

Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults => Madeleine McCann (3) disappeared from her parent's holiday apartment at Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. No trace of her has ever been found. => Topic started by: stephen25000 on March 13, 2016, 07:23:22 AM

Title: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 13, 2016, 07:23:22 AM
I noted that the material relating to this FACTUAL STATEMENT was removed by someone last night.

Now as this forum is a 'Justice Forum' and posters are required to provide factual information, with cites, pertinent to the case, I believe this information should be on here, as it is on other forums and News Sites.


Metropolitan Police Service

MPS Publication Scheme Disclosure Log - March 2016

Disclosures for Week Ending 6th March 2016

dated 7th March 2016 re Op. Grange:

Confirmation of response to a FOI request

Freedom of Information Request Reference No:

I note you seek access to the following information:

How many Police officers and civilian staff were on this operation [Operation Grange] on 30/11/2015 and 31/12/2015, respectively.

DECISION

I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full.

1 Detective Sergeant and 3 Detective Constables are dedicated to Op Grange, they are attached to, and under the supervision of, a full Murder Investigation Team, these numbers did not change for the time period you specified.


http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2016/march_2016/2016010001047.pdf

43
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: jassi on March 13, 2016, 08:50:00 AM
I noted that the material relating to this FACTUAL STATEMENT was removed by someone last night.

Now as this forum is a 'Justice Forum' and posters are required to provide factual information, with cites, pertinent to the case, I believe this information should be on here, as it is on other forums and News Sites.


Metropolitan Police Service

MPS Publication Scheme Disclosure Log - March 2016

Disclosures for Week Ending 6th March 2016

dated 7th March 2016 re Op. Grange:

Confirmation of response to a FOI request

Freedom of Information Request Reference No:

I note you seek access to the following information:

How many Police officers and civilian staff were on this operation [Operation Grange] on 30/11/2015 and 31/12/2015, respectively.

DECISION

I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full.

1 Detective Sergeant and 3 Detective Constables are dedicated to Op Grange, they are attached to, and under the supervision of, a full Murder Investigation Team, these numbers did not change for the time period you specified.


http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2016/march_2016/2016010001047.pdf

I noticed that, too. Wonder why the censor's heavy hand.

Day to day responsibility downgraded to a sergeant and no indication if these are all full-time posts.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: Heriberto Janosch on March 13, 2016, 08:51:46 AM
I have totally lost my confidence in OG and the Official Campaign.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: G-Unit on March 13, 2016, 09:27:48 AM
OG were dealing with a cold case which happened in another country. Their remit seemed to restrict what they did. I'm not in the least surprised they seem to have achieved very little. What do you mean by the 'Official Campaign' Heri?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: Heriberto Janosch on March 13, 2016, 09:36:27 AM
Find Madeleine Official Campaign.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: Mr Gray on March 13, 2016, 09:41:08 AM
there is nothing at all surprising in this FOI. Most of us accept that it is highly likely Maddie was murdered after her abduction.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 13, 2016, 10:07:06 AM
Find Madeleine Official Campaign.


...and ?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: faithlilly on March 13, 2016, 10:17:06 AM
Find Madeleine Official Campaign.

Why have you lost faith in the official campaign ?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: G-Unit on March 13, 2016, 10:31:14 AM
Find Madeleine Official Campaign.

The tremendous world wide publicity was extremely dangerous to the child if she was in the hands of an abductor (s). It makes sense for anyone in possession of evidence linking them to a crime to dispose of it. Even more so if every media outlet world wide is asking people to look for this evidence. That's why people whose children have been kidnapped don't always approach the police, let alone the media. The thousands of sightings which were reported took up precious police time and hampered both the initial investigation and the OG one imo.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: mercury on March 13, 2016, 10:57:03 AM
I have totally lost my confidence in OG and the Official Campaign.

Well, at best, its become a bit of a joke in recent years
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 13, 2016, 03:01:29 PM
I have totally lost my confidence in OG and the Official Campaign.
Now for a radical observation. £4%4% %£5&%

Well IMO, the Official campaign has constantly had 'guidance' from a very few certain people who 'sold' themselves well and became trusted.

But a few of those that 'helped' had been deliberately downloaded on the Mccanns ... with the express purpose of quietly messing the search up.



I well remember the rudeness I encountered when I tried to pass info on to the Official Campaign.     I was totally and rudely blocked before I could start .. I never got beyond the telephone receptionist !......... and that woman has, I am pretty sure, appeared on this forum.    Here she showed herself as very much against The Mccanns.

How many people ringing in would try again after encountering such a nasty woman and blank wall?



And the info I was trying to pass on?  SY have shown interest in it and their actions seem to verify that they have acted on it.  I cannot open up any more on that matter.


As for Op Grange, I think they know who is responsible, but he is elite and has VERY globally important friends.  Sadly I think that OG do not have sufficient evidence to safely take him to trial for the abductiion of Madeleine.




And, of course I could be wrong in everything I say on this .... but I think not.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 13, 2016, 05:00:47 PM
Quote
(snip) 1 Detective Sergeant and 3 Detective Constables are dedicated to Op Grange, they are attached to, and under the supervision of, a full Murder Investigation Team (snip)
Thankyou Stephen for posting this.
NW's rank is DCI which I think is higher than DS and DC. Can we assume this means she is no longer involved in OG day-to-day, but just oversees it, while working on other cases?
If so that is a pity IMO because she has direct experience of another case, where a drastically illogical misassumption was made about the timewindow during which a missing person left or was removed from a property, and that experience might have been productively applied to truly reassess the PDL case.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: Alfred R Jones on March 13, 2016, 05:06:42 PM
 ?>)()<
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 13, 2016, 05:42:00 PM
Thankyou Stephen for posting this.
NW's rank is DCI which I think is higher than DS and DC. Can we assume this means she is no longer involved in OG day-to-day, but just oversees it, while working on other cases?
If so that is a pity IMO because she has direct experience of another case, where a drastically illogical misassumption was made about the timewindow during which a missing person left or was removed from a property, and that experience might have been productively applied to truly reassess the PDL case.

Thank you Pegasus.

Ms. Wall seems most notable by her past record in solving crimes quickly.

So far, nothing, since she  took 'charge' of OG. So is she working on other cases having realized this one won't be solved ?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: jassi on March 13, 2016, 06:07:20 PM
Thank you Pegasus.

Ms. Wall seems most notable by her past record in solving crimes quickly.

So far, nothing, since she  took 'charge' of OG. So is she working on other cases having realized this one won't be solved ?

Leading a team of 50, its almost certain that she will be dealing with more than 1 case at any given time.  While OG will be high profile, its small number of low ranking staff suggests that it has 'gone off the boil' somewhat.

Indeed, it is possible that she was already leading that team and when Redwood retired, merely took over responsibility for OG, rather than replacing him on a like for like basis.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 13, 2016, 10:57:05 PM
Thank you Pegasus.

Ms. Wall seems most notable by her past record in solving crimes quickly.

So far, nothing, since she  took 'charge' of OG. So is she working on other cases having realized this one won't be solved ?
For reputation of solving cases quickly see http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2013/04/04/may-2013-vogue-true-crime . And forget smart city suits and ties and polished dress shoes, I like to see investigators in forensic gear like this http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/23/article-2375165-1AF09630000005DC-388_634x428.jpg (and BTW that was a case of transportation by a pedestrian).
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 13, 2016, 11:14:36 PM
... and possibly a test of observation skills of wannabe detectives here
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pathfinder73 on March 13, 2016, 11:26:36 PM
For reputation of solving cases quickly see http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2013/04/04/may-2013-vogue-true-crime . And forget smart city suits and ties and polished dress shoes, I like to see investigators in forensic gear like this http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/23/article-2375165-1AF09630000005DC-388_634x428.jpg (and BTW that was a case of transportation by a pedestrian).

But no latex gloves like seen in a draw.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 25, 2016, 12:57:50 AM
But no latex gloves like seen in a draw.
Did you recognise the accessory PF?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: misty on March 25, 2016, 01:32:49 AM
Are you referring to the book or log, whatever it is the SOCO has in his hand? Is that what you think Eddie alerted to & possibly caused cross-contamination to the clothes?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 25, 2016, 01:47:28 AM
Are you referring to the book or log, whatever it is the SOCO has in his hand? Is that what you think Eddie alerted to & possibly caused cross-contamination to the clothes?
Sorry Misty I should have made it clear that photo is of one of the many cases in London which the Met have successfully solved.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: misty on March 25, 2016, 02:04:59 AM
Sorry Misty I should have made it clear that photo is of one of the many cases in London which the Met have successfully solved.

OK. So it was a loose reference to the dogs, who located the body?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 25, 2016, 02:19:55 AM
OK. So it was a loose reference to the dogs, who located the body?
It's the Dollis Valley case. Reportedly the initial discovery was on first day (18th) by a member of public but he was scared to report it (immigration status) so reportedly he got a friend to phone police, who used dogs to locate in the reported area (21st).
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: misty on March 25, 2016, 02:35:14 AM
It's the Dollis Valley case. Reportedly the initial discovery was on first day (18th) by a member of public but he was scared to report it (immigration status) so reportedly he got a friend to phone police, who used dogs to locate in the reported area (21st).

The police searched the area after the first phone call but found nothing and yes, it was the dogs who found the body on the 21st, the day after the woman had been reported missing.
How many suitcases do you suppose left OC/PdL totally unchecked in the days after Madeleine's disappearance?
Gyarmarti moved the body in the suitcase in broad daylight, probably oblivious to the fact we have so much CCTV here.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 25, 2016, 07:38:35 AM
I noted that the material relating to this FACTUAL STATEMENT was removed by someone last night.

Now as this forum is a 'Justice Forum' and posters are required to provide factual information, with cites, pertinent to the case, I believe this information should be on here, as it is on other forums and News Sites.


Metropolitan Police Service

MPS Publication Scheme Disclosure Log - March 2016

Disclosures for Week Ending 6th March 2016

dated 7th March 2016 re Op. Grange:

Confirmation of response to a FOI request

Freedom of Information Request Reference No:

I note you seek access to the following information:

How many Police officers and civilian staff were on this operation [Operation Grange] on 30/11/2015 and 31/12/2015, respectively.

DECISION

I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full.

1 Detective Sergeant and 3 Detective Constables are dedicated to Op Grange, they are attached to, and under the supervision of, a full Murder Investigation Team, these numbers did not change for the time period you specified.


http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2016/march_2016/2016010001047.pdf

How many Police officers and civilian staff were on this operation [Operation Grange] on 30/11/2015 and 31/12/2015, respectively.


Very interesting date that.  8(>((  (Taps the side of her nose)
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 25, 2016, 07:59:10 AM
How many Police officers and civilian staff were on this operation [Operation Grange] on 30/11/2015 and 31/12/2015, respectively.


Very interesting date that.  8(>((  (Taps the side of her nose)

Interesting in what way Sadie ?

Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 25, 2016, 11:15:05 AM
Interesting in what way Sadie ?
Ah !

Sadie taps the side of her nose again. 
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 25, 2016, 11:32:59 AM
Ah !

Sadie taps the side of her nose again.

Yes sadie, the Earth completed another orbit of the Sun.

 £4%4%

Nudge nudge, wink wink. 8)--))
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 25, 2016, 08:33:57 PM
Yes sadie, the Earth completed another orbit of the Sun.

 £4%4%

Nudge nudge, wink wink. 8)--))

ORLY?

I  would have thought that an intelligent person like you (you keep telling us) might have known better than that.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.  8(0(*


BTW, what are you snarling at me for ?

Tis not my fault that you haven't worked things out
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 25, 2016, 09:04:38 PM
ORLY?

I  would have thought that an intelligent person like you (you keep telling us) might have known better than that.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.  8(0(*


BTW, what are you snarling at me for ?

Tis not my fault that you haven't worked things out

For goodness, sake, don't tell me you can't get humour.

As to working things out sadie, do you mean you have solved the case ?

We have so much from you , yet the case remains unsolved.

Do try and remember that.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 25, 2016, 09:17:02 PM
For goodness, sake, don't tell me you can't get humour.

As to working things out sadie, do you mean you have solved the case ?

We have so much from you , yet the case remains unsolved.

Do try and remember that.

Madeleione hasn't been found it seems.  I agree with that, but I query the other part of what you are saying ... and I shall comment no more in this thread


Keep your eyes and ears open stephen, you might work things out too.   Mind I have a lead of about 8 years!

And I always know I could be wrong, but I think not.  Too many pointers.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 25, 2016, 09:19:05 PM
Madeleione hasn't been found it seems.  I agree with that, but I query the other part of what you are saying ... and I shall comment no more in this thread


Keep your eyes and ears open stephen, you might work things out too.   Mind I have a lead of about 8 years!

And I always know I could be wrong, but I think not.  Too many pointers.

You have been saying that for years.

Meanwhile the 6 month extension to funding of Grange runs out next month.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 25, 2016, 09:25:12 PM
You have been saying that for years.

Meanwhile the 6 month extension to funding of Grange runs out next month.

They may not have enough to prosecute, but I think they know who it is.  With top Elites one needs solid gold evidence.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 25, 2016, 09:29:41 PM
They may not have enough to prosecute, but I think they know who it is.  With top Elites one needs solid gold evidence.

Elites Sadie ?

What elites ?

All I have heard from you is conspiracy theories.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: sadie on March 25, 2016, 09:44:55 PM
Elites Sadie ?

What elites ?

All I have heard from you is conspiracy theories.

That's OK stephen.  You obviously haven't read a number of my previous posts, but that is you perogative.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: stephen25000 on March 25, 2016, 09:54:09 PM
That's OK stephen.  You obviously haven't read a number of my previous posts, but that is you perogative.

I have read some.

However, there is no substitute for unassailable facts, and there are very few in this case.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: mercury on March 25, 2016, 10:03:12 PM
ORLY?

I  would have thought that an intelligent person like you (you keep telling us) might have known better than that.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.  8(0(*


BTW, what are you snarling at me for ?

Tis not my fault that you haven't worked things out

So why did this/these elites abduct Madeleine then? As their own daughter? For nefarious reasons?
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 26, 2016, 12:38:54 AM
That's a very professional and practical looking handbag Misty.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 26, 2016, 12:46:00 AM
(snip) ... broad daylight ...(snip)
It might look suspicious at nighttime, but in daylight looks perfectly normal.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/24/article-2545467-1AEF03E600000578-213_634x490.jpg
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: misty on March 26, 2016, 02:00:07 AM
That's a very professional and practical looking handbag Misty.

A few years ago fashionable handbags were really over-sized. Great for a packed lunch, hair straighteners, make-up & even a Tablet.
(New season has clutch bags & 70's style trending, I believe)

It might look suspicious at nighttime, but in daylight looks perfectly normal.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/24/article-2545467-1AEF03E600000578-213_634x490.jpg

It would have looked absolutely normal at OC, up until about midnight I think. Therein lay a massive problem (but I think it would have been spotted if GM stowed a cadaver in the case he moved).
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: pegasus on March 26, 2016, 02:09:28 AM
A few years ago fashionable handbags were really over-sized. Great for a packed lunch, hair straighteners, make-up & even a Tablet.
(New season has clutch bags & 70's style trending, I believe)
Equally practical whether working in London or Faro Misty.
Our SIO has a wealth of experience on Met cases in London including that one.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: Miss Taken Identity on March 26, 2016, 01:00:24 PM
It will be interesting to see if this 'investigation' is extended. Money removed from disabled people will not bode well if more money is spent on a wild goose chase.
Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: ferryman on October 07, 2016, 05:59:58 AM
It will be interesting to see if this 'investigation' is extended. Money removed from disabled people will not bode well if more money is spent on a wild goose chase.

Of course, the post I reply to was made in March this year ...

Operation Grange seems funded to continue until April 2017 (with the point being emphasised that funding would only be granted if Operation Grange could demonstrate, to the authorities that count, that progress is being made sufficient to warrant additional funding), so I'm sure the Supreme Court will confirm, in a day or two's time, that the McCanns must pay Dr Amaral huge amounts in libel for having the temerity to challenge his book of lies.

Title: Re: F.O.I. Request as regards Operation Grange.
Post by: John on October 07, 2016, 05:14:04 PM
Of course, the post I reply to was made in March this year ...

Operation Grange seems funded to continue until April 2017 (with the point being emphasised that funding would only be granted if Operation Grange could demonstrate, to the authorities that count, that progress is being made sufficient to warrant additional funding), so I'm sure the Supreme Court will confirm, in a day or two's time, that the McCanns must pay Dr Amaral huge amounts in libel for having the temerity to challenge his book of lies.

Inevitably there will be a few outstanding matters to deal with.