Author Topic: The tracker dogs  (Read 135995 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Brietta

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2016, 02:02:28 PM »


We are conditioned to think that the starting point for the dogs was the doorway of apartment 5A.  It may have been the end point.

The route could have started at the point where the dogs lost interest which was the car park ... it could also have finished at the same point.

The dogs are good but not enough to be able to determine the direction of travel of whatever scent it is they pick up on.

I remain mystified why 5J was not accessed immediately given the level of interest shown by the dogs.   

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:05:20 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »

We are conditioned to think that the starting point for the dogs was the doorway of apartment 5A.  It may have been the end point.

The route could have started at the point where the dogs lost interest which was the car park ... it could also have finished at the same point.

The dogs are good but not enough to be able to determine the direction of travel of whatever scent it is they pick up on.

I remain mystified why 5J was not accessed immediately given the level of interest shown by the dogs.
Which dogs are you talking about and what time of day was it?

If it is the tracker dogs, since that unit seems to have arrived around 11pm, I would assume the issues with 5J were no key (got round by access from a neighbour via the rear balcony and patio doors) and the time of night.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »

We are conditioned to think that the starting point for the dogs was the doorway of apartment 5A.  It may have been the end point.

The route could have started at the point where the dogs lost interest which was the car park ... it could also have finished at the same point.

The dogs are good but not enough to be able to determine the direction of travel of whatever scent it is they pick up on.

I remain mystified why 5J was not accessed immediately given the level of interest shown by the dogs.

The starting point for the dogs was the doorway of 5A because that's where the child disappeared from. I think you mean the scent.

Whatever scent the dogs followed they followed the strongest example of it from [or to] the front door. They then reached R F G Martins; the scent crossing the road to or from block 6 may have been laid on a different day, as might the scent to or from the Tapas Entrance.

Whoever's scent they were following was present on  both the princess blanket and the towel.

Whoever's scent was on the towel may have visited 4G.

Madeleine never visited 4G or if she did witnesses forgot to mention it.



Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2016, 05:51:14 PM »
Which dogs are you talking about and what time of day was it?

If it is the tracker dogs, since that unit seems to have arrived around 11pm, I would assume the issues with 5J were no key (got round by access from a neighbour via the rear balcony and patio doors) and the time of night.

The immediate priority with the dogs seemed to be searching the environs and checking out possible areas Madeleine could have accessed had she been moving under her own volition.
I think that was probably the logical thing to do as that was in line with their training.

It was only when she was not found outside, which I think may have been the expectation, that closer attention was given to what might happen within the apartment blocks if the dogs were given free rein there.

I think the interest in what we are told was an unoccupied property (5J) merited immediate attention and forensic examination, rather than acceptance that an open fridge door and rotting food explained the dogs' reaction.

**snip
7th May
At about 23.00 accompanied by a PJ inspector, the searches were begun. After Rex was given the girl's clothing to sniff, he began to search on the ground floor of block 5 and when he passed the door of apartment 5 A (the place the girl had disappeared from) according to his handler, officer Fernandes, the dog altered its behaviour, sniffing with greater intensity than he had done before. Apartment 5J of the same block was also checked as the dog had been more agitated than before as if there were a very strong strange odour there. It was stated that this apartment had been unoccupied for some time. Afterwards, the same kind of search was carried out using the dog Zarus which in general terms showed the same behaviour in the same places as Rex had done.

It was only when all the searches of the apartments in blocks 4 and 5 were complete, that the behaviour described above was registered. It is certain that this kind of work does not correspond to the area that these dogs were trained in, but given that these types of dogs manage to discriminate a specific odour from others, although it could be a remote possibility that they related the odour of the missing girl with a possible location where she could have been.

**snip
On 10th May at about 20.10, upon the request of the PJ, searches were carried out in all of the apartments belonging to blocks 4 and 5 of the OC, two tracker dogs and two search and rescue dogs being used for this operation, adopting the same methods as those used on 7th May, just that this time the apartments were all open and searched one by one, being accompanied by a representative from the resort, who had the keys to all the apartments (apart from those not under her administration) and also with the objective of helping with the searches. The collaboration of all the guests occupying the apartments at that time was requested for this purpose and those apartments that were found to be empty were opened by the administrator.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2016, 06:02:04 PM »
The starting point for the dogs was the doorway of 5A because that's where the child disappeared from. I think you mean the scent.

Whatever scent the dogs followed they followed the strongest example of it from [or to] the front door. They then reached R F G Martins; the scent crossing the road to or from block 6 may have been laid on a different day, as might the scent to or from the Tapas Entrance.

Whoever's scent they were following was present on  both the princess blanket and the towel.

Whoever's scent was on the towel may have visited 4G.

Madeleine never visited 4G or if she did witnesses forgot to mention it.

I meant exactly what I wrote. The clue may be in the words "starting point" and "finishing point".  Also "The dogs are good but not enough to be able to determine the direction of travel of whatever scent it is they pick up on."

If I didn't know better I would think your post an attempt to patronise me.  I am sure that was not your intent; however it seems you have completely misunderstood my attempt at lateral thinking since you have completely avoided comment on what I actually wrote.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »
I meant exactly what I wrote. The clue may be in the words "starting point" and "finishing point".  Also "The dogs are good but not enough to be able to determine the direction of travel of whatever scent it is they pick up on."

If I didn't know better I would think your post an attempt to patronise me.  I am sure that was not your intent; however it seems you have completely misunderstood my attempt at lateral thinking since you have completely avoided comment on what I actually wrote.

I took on board what you said, hence;

Whatever scent the dogs followed they followed the strongest example of it from [or to] the front door. They then reached R F G Martins; the scent crossing the road to or from block 6 may have been laid on a different day, as might the scent to or from the Tapas Entrance.


Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #321 on: September 13, 2016, 07:33:29 PM »
The starting point for the dogs was the doorway of 5A because that's where the child disappeared from. I think you mean the scent.

Whatever scent the dogs followed they followed the strongest example of it from [or to] the front door. They then reached R F G Martins; the scent crossing the road to or from block 6 may have been laid on a different day, as might the scent to or from the Tapas Entrance.

Whoever's scent they were following was present on  both the princess blanket and the towel.

Whoever's scent was on the towel may have visited 4G.

Madeleine never visited 4G or if she did witnesses forgot to mention it.
Are you starting to think like I do?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #322 on: September 13, 2016, 09:22:41 PM »
Are you starting to think like I do?

No, I'm thinking like I do.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #323 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:23 PM »
No, I'm thinking like I do.
I'm starting to like the way you are thinking then.  For that is a real challenging two sentences
Quote
"Whoever's scent was on the towel may have visited 4G.

Madeleine never visited 4G or if she did witnesses forgot to mention it."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:36:40 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2016, 11:19:26 PM »
I'm starting to like the way you are thinking then.  For that is a real challenging two sentences

Nah!

Ground-scenting dogs don't track the individual and unique scent (of a given hguman-being.

The GNR handlers had ground-scenting dogs ....

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2016, 11:26:29 PM »
Nah!

Ground-scenting dogs don't track the individual and unique scent (of a given hguman-being.

The GNR handlers had ground-scenting dogs ....
List the different type of tracking dogs there are:
Patrol dogs (Crowd control)
Air scenting ( look for a lost human - not a specific person)
Ground scenting - tracking a specific person after sniffing their scent.  (These were used on the 4th late that night)

All dogs instinctively have some tracking ability.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2016, 11:37:13 PM »
List the different type of tracking dogs there are:
Patrol dogs (Crowd control)
Air scenting ( look for a lost human - not a specific person)
Ground scenting - tracking a specific person after sniffing their scent.  (These were used on the 4th late that night)

All dogs instinctively have some tracking ability.

There are dogs that sniff out explosives and drugs.

I believe there are dogs that can detect counter-fit money?

(not entirely sure about that).

I'm sure there are more ....

http://plrplr.com/1875/does-counterfeit-money-smell-different-from-real-money/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:49:49 PM by ferryman »

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2016, 11:57:23 PM »
There are dogs that sniff out explosives and drugs.

I believe there are dogs that can detect counter-fit money?

(not entirely sure about that).

I'm sure there are more ....

http://plrplr.com/1875/does-counterfeit-money-smell-different-from-real-money/
You can be sure dogs with those skills were not brought to PdL in the hunt for Madeleine McCann.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2016, 04:15:09 PM »
Three dogs followed the same path on 5 separate outings. One patrol dog [with some tracking training] at 2.30am on 4th, following the scent on the pink blanket. Two TRACKING dogs at 11,30pm on 4th following the scent on the towel, repeated on 8th by the two TRACKING DOGS. What a coincidence!!!

I admire your tenacity in sticking to your beliefs, but it won't wash, I'm afraid. The evidence is quite clear.

 *&*%£ *&*%£ *&*%£


What inference do you take from that?

I personally see the same scent showing 4 days after the event, on the 3rd , 4th and 8th, so the scent has lasted at least 4 days.

To me that means that it could have been there a good few days before the third .... so it actually means nowt about Madeleine being taken anywhere. TBH

Offline Brietta

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2016, 05:07:33 PM »

I personally see the same scent showing 4 days after the event, on the 3rd , 4th and 8th, so the scent has lasted at least 4 days.

To me that means that it could have been there a good few days before the third .... so it actually means nowt about Madeleine being taken anywhere. TBH

I agree with that, Sadie.

The dogs were following a scent ~ but what that was is known only to them.

I think that because they did not follow the route taken by Tannerman the reckoning was that that sighting was not connected to Madeleine's disappearance.
How different history might have been had the dogs followed the Tannerman route to Crecheman's door or another car park.  Murat might have been saved a lot of grief, Amaral might still have been in the PJ and the investigation might have followed a more positive line than it ultimately did.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....