Author Topic: The tracker dogs  (Read 136020 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sadie

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
I agree with that, Sadie.

The dogs were following a scent ~ but what that was is known only to them.

I think that because they did not follow the route taken by Tannerman the reckoning was that that sighting was not connected to Madeleine's disappearance.
How different history might have been had the dogs followed the Tannerman route to Crecheman's door or another car park.  Murat might have been saved a lot of grief, Amaral might still have been in the PJ and the investigation might have followed a more positive line than it ultimately did.

Seems, unfortunately that air scent from a tiny tot ain't much on a gusty evening, in comparison to the scent of footsteps.  Feet are smelly.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2016, 07:53:30 PM »
I agree with that, Sadie.

The dogs were following a scent ~ but what that was is known only to them.

I think that because they did not follow the route taken by Tannerman the reckoning was that that sighting was not connected to Madeleine's disappearance.
How different history might have been had the dogs followed the Tannerman route to Crecheman's door or another car park.  Murat might have been saved a lot of grief, Amaral might still have been in the PJ and the investigation might have followed a more positive line than it ultimately did.

I think we know a little bit more than that. There was some confusion, but whatever scent they followed seemed to have been on Madeleine's princess blanket and on a bath towel, according to the handlers who were given the items.

If [and I do mean if] that scent is what they found and followed they were following someone who;

handled both items
walked the path
crossed the road
stood by a lamp post next to the car park
visited the Tapas reception
went to 5H
went to or near 5J
went to 4G
didn't go to any other apartments in blocks 4 and 5
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2016, 09:51:02 PM »
I think we know a little bit more than that. There was some confusion, but whatever scent they followed seemed to have been on Madeleine's princess blanket and on a bath towel, according to the handlers who were given the items.

If [and I do mean if] that scent is what they found and followed they were following someone who;

handled both items
walked the path
crossed the road
stood by a lamp post next to the car park
visited the Tapas reception
went to 5H
went to or near 5J
went to 4G
didn't go to any other apartments in blocks 4 and 5
Instead of stood by a lamp post, I think it more likely that s/he/they got into or out of a vehicle here.  I think the scent was of the feet of the abductors.

I haven't checked the others but I am assuming that you got them right?

Offline slartibartfast

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
Instead of stood by a lamp post, I think it more likely that s/he/they got into or out of a vehicle here.  I think the scent was of the feet of the abductors.

I haven't checked the others but I am assuming that you got them right?

As Madeleine didn't take her shoes, it would make more sense if it were her feet.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
Instead of stood by a lamp post, I think it more likely that s/he/they got into or out of a vehicle here.  I think the scent was of the feet of the abductors.

I haven't checked the others but I am assuming that you got them right?
Who would have access to these apartments and also a car?  Did ... ..... have access to a car?  It would be strange for someone living in block 4 to park a car in block 6.  You can't have ... and a car unless he had access to a friends car in Block 6.
He could ring his wife to bring the car around to where he was.  "This girl needs urgent medical attention.  Bring the car around.  I'm standing by the lamp post with the light, you'll see me."  Poster on the forum did once say that Smithman got out of a car.  I wondered what that referred to.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:13:24 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2016, 11:19:00 PM »
Instead of stood by a lamp post, I think it more likely that s/he/they got into or out of a vehicle here.  I think the scent was of the feet of the abductors.

I haven't checked the others but I am assuming that you got them right?

It's all hypothetical, because we just can't be sure what they were tracking or whether they were following the same scent all the time, but I'm assuming they did and then trying to make logical deductions.

Why would an abductor go to the Tapas entrance and upstairs in blocks 4 and 5?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »
As Madeleine didn't take her shoes, it would make more sense if it were her feet.

But she never visited 4G.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2016, 11:39:13 PM »
I think we know a little bit more than that. There was some confusion, but whatever scent they followed seemed to have been on Madeleine's princess blanket and on a bath towel, according to the handlers who were given the items.

If [and I do mean if] that scent is what they found and followed they were following someone who;

handled both items
walked the path
crossed the road
stood by a lamp post next to the car park
visited the Tapas reception
went to 5H
went to or near 5J
went to 4G
didn't go to any other apartments in blocks 4 and 5

Those places would indicate any of the other 4 McCanns plus possibly Emma Knight (the Hotel Manager).
Look at it from another angle after considering the limitation of the positive tracking - why didn't the dogs track the routes Madeleine was known to have taken during the day, especially around the swimming pool where she was barefoot?
IMO whoever's scent the dogs were following, it certainly wasn't Madeleine's.

Offline Brietta

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #338 on: September 14, 2016, 11:47:23 PM »
Those places would indicate any of the other 4 McCanns plus possibly Emma Knight (the Hotel Manager).
Look at it from another angle after considering the limitation of the positive tracking - why didn't the dogs track the routes Madeleine was known to have taken during the day, especially around the swimming pool where she was barefoot?
IMO whoever's scent the dogs were following, it certainly wasn't Madeleine's.

They certainly had an interest in following a particular scent, Misty; like you, I don't think it was Madeleine's.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2016, 12:23:12 AM »
Those places would indicate any of the other 4 McCanns plus possibly Emma Knight (the Hotel Manager).
Look at it from another angle after considering the limitation of the positive tracking - why didn't the dogs track the routes Madeleine was known to have taken during the day, especially around the swimming pool where she was barefoot?
IMO whoever's scent the dogs were following, it certainly wasn't Madeleine's.
How would they track around the pool if they could not get into the Tapas area because it was locked?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:03:02 AM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline sadie

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2016, 12:33:29 AM »
Those places would indicate any of the other 4 McCanns plus possibly Emma Knight (the Hotel Manager).
Look at it from another angle after considering the limitation of the positive tracking - why didn't the dogs track the routes Madeleine was known to have taken during the day, especially around the swimming pool where she was barefoot?
IMO whoever's scent the dogs were following, it certainly wasn't Madeleine's
.

 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Brilliant thinking misty.  Why didn't I think of that !


It is quite obvious, THE DOGS WEREN'T TRACKING MADELEINE OR ANY OF THE MCCANNS, cos had they been, their noses would have taken them into the Tapas / pool area.

Well done misty <<< genius!!! 

You have gone beyond the narrow way we were all thinking .... and proved something major 

Open your minds everyone .... think laterally as well as vertically, as misty did.

Maybe we can crack this.

Offline sadie

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2016, 12:42:23 AM »
It's all hypothetical, because we just can't be sure what they were tracking or whether they were following the same scent all the time, but I'm assuming they did and then trying to make logical deductions.

Why would an abductor go to the Tapas entrance and upstairs in blocks 4 and 5?

1)  Upstairs in block 4, because that was where the open balcony was which overlooked more or less the whole scene.  I believe that the watcher/ co-ordinator and director / get-away driver stood there orchestrating the whole abduction.

2)  Upstairs in block 5 because someone saw two men go out on to the balcony there and look towards 5A IIRC.  Cant remember the fine details, but was it Mrs Fenns niece who witnessed it?  dunno

3)  Tapas entrance to have a quick peep at what went on in there and the general layout.

Offline misty

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2016, 12:58:04 AM »
How would they track around the pool if they could not get into the Tapas area because it was locked?

Fair point - a bad example on my part. However, if you look at the limited area the s&r dogs actually tracked to, it must surely represent the trail of scent from someone who had only walked within a limited space in that area. It wasn't from a person who had walked to the creche (with the enclosed walkways), walked to the beach, entered the side gate of 5a & walked up the steps (or down & out the gate).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:03:38 AM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2016, 12:59:29 AM »
They certainly had an interest in following a particular scent, Misty; like you, I don't think it was Madeleine's.
Are you allowed to say who think they might be tracking?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

Re: The tracker dogs
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2016, 01:13:48 AM »
Are you allowed to say who think they might be tracking?

I'm not the arbiter of what you can and cannot post, Robittybob1.  As long as it complies with forum rules, that decision is entirely yours :)
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....