Could you document that claim too please? Just so this thread becomes fully useful reference please. I don't doubt you.
I think I already did. Oh well, here it is again.
In her book she says she handed over the blanket in the morning. She says she saw no dogs during the night, but the GNR patrol dog handler was given the blanket at 02.30am.
I don’t remember seeing any police dogs until the morning, and if there were any specific police searches overnight, they were not apparent. At some point in the first twenty-four hours (I could not say when exactly, but probably that morning) I recall one of the GNR patrol officers asking us for some of Madeleine’s clothing or belongings to enable these dogs to identify her scent. I fetched the pink princess blanket she took to bed with her every night, which they took, and some of her clothes, which they didn’t. [Madeleine]
After arriving at the GNR post with his colleagues Morais and two dogs (Numi and Kit), German Shepherd dogs, which made up the search team, they immediately left for P da L. They arrived at about 02.30.
When they arrived at the scene, they entered the McCann's apartment by the front door, and entered the living room, where there were some PJ officers as well as the MCCann couple. The just talked to some colleagues from the PJ and asked for a piece of clothing that Madeleine had worn or used recently. They were given a pink/orange blanket that the child had been covered with in her bed.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CARLOS-LACAO.htmHe saw Kate again at 4pm and recognised her from earlier. Did he still have the dog with him? He doesni say;
He remembers that during a brief rest period at about 04.00, Madeleine's mother asked whether there was any news and whether the roads had been blocked off.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CARLOS-LACAO.htmI couldn’t see anyone about by this time, except for a couple of GNR police cars in the road outside and a handful of officers hanging around. None of them appeared to be doing very much. I couldn’t stand the thought of nothing happening while time marched inexorably onward. Madeleine could be miles away by now. At one point I went out to speak to the police, needing some reassurance. It was difficult and exasperating as communication was so limited, and there was no reassurance to be had. [Madeleine]
How exasperating it must have been; Portuguese people speaking Portuguese. No consideration at all. How Kate expected to see what was happening outside I don't know; she was indoors mostly.