Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 3039874 times)

0 Members and 75 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Carana

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8550 on: September 26, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »
Hi Carana, this is the original version.xx
https://youtu.be/fCZVL_8D048

I'm mesmerised by this. They're brilliant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[Name removed]V36ub5ybI


Offline Anthro

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8551 on: September 26, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »
I'm mesmerised by this. They're brilliant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[Name removed]V36ub5ybI
Last one, I promise Carana. One of my favourite songs by Toto, ‘Africa’.
https://youtu.be/LWYqap0r3vo

Offline Anthro

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8552 on: September 26, 2020, 07:41:49 PM »

Online Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8553 on: September 26, 2020, 07:48:34 PM »
The ones at the end of the recording?

None of these for me.  I just so like that Africa thingy.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8554 on: September 26, 2020, 08:02:47 PM »
I'm mesmerised by this. They're brilliant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[Name removed]V36ub5ybI

Brilliant but they could lose fluteman

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8555 on: September 26, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »
The ones at the end of the recording?

Yes, joining in with the dance.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Anthro

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8556 on: September 26, 2020, 08:28:46 PM »
Brilliant but they could lose fluteman
Please no, Davel. The fluteman is Wouter Kellerman who took the Ndlovu Youth Choir next level. Ralf Schmitt is the conductor.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8557 on: September 26, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »
Please no, Davel. The fluteman is Wouter Kellerman who took the Ndlovu Youth Choir next level. Ralf Schmitt is the conductor.

https://www.peoplemagazine.co.za/celebrity-news/ralf-schmitt-opens-viral-south-african-cover-shape/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8558 on: September 26, 2020, 08:42:59 PM »
Please no, Davel. The fluteman is Wouter Kellerman who took the Ndlovu Youth Choir next level. Ralf Schmitt is the conductor.

He just seems totally out of place. I'm just commentating as someone who hasnt seen them before. I would prefer not to see their wonderful culture diluted

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8559 on: September 26, 2020, 08:44:58 PM »
https://www.peoplemagazine.co.za/celebrity-news/ralf-schmitt-opens-viral-south-african-cover-shape/

by all means help them...but he seems to me to be totally out of place. I feel  he adds nothing to the performance   and actually detracts from it...like Andrew Lloyd  Webber insisting on playing the Phantom
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:49:58 PM by Davel »

Offline Anthro

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8560 on: September 26, 2020, 09:36:51 PM »
Yes, joining in with the dance.
Thank you. For one moment, I thought you were inferring to monks and nuns performing the ‘Jerusalema’ as sinister i.e toddler children joining the fun.

Offline Carana

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8561 on: September 26, 2020, 09:39:29 PM »
Brilliant but they could lose fluteman

I think he fits in really well. Enjoying it, adding to the kids' music, without stealing the show for himself.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8562 on: September 26, 2020, 09:44:15 PM »
I think he fits in really well. Enjoying it, adding to the kids' music, without stealing the show for himself.

as you are aware I dont agree.. I think he detracts from the performance...the kids don't need him


Offline Carana

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8564 on: September 27, 2020, 09:55:42 AM »
Unless my memory is failing me, it used to be the PJ in charge of drug-busting. It was supposedly even Amaral's "forte".

Interesting...